1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  4. New Week, New Contest!
    We're back to the regular contests. This time, it's Brothers Avatar & Signature Set. Showcase brotherly love in sets!

Voting has begun for the Caligraphy summer contest!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 have begun! Show us your love!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Art Volume Cover and Official Art Thread

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Unok, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Hierophant

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    We are all assuming it's love but do you think it could be something else, despite the obvious implication?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 1, 2017 ---
    Well, she is drunk.

2. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    It's obviously love/ attention but don't you think we should take Elizabeth age into the equation when we talk about what kind of love because Merlin is basically jealous of a 6 year old Elizabeth getting 2 much gifts.

3. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    This is one of the reasons why I asked this. But since she is drunk, I might be overthinking.

4. Baum

Baum Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Germany
    Did you guys forget that Merlin and Meliodas knew each other for more than 3000 years and probably even longer than Mel knew/loved Elizabeth and her later reincarnations?

I could easily see this going two ways
    1) Merlin legitimately loved or at the very least had a crush on Meliodas in the past. Wouldn't be weird at all considering how much time they likely spent together and how close they are/how much they know about each other.
    2) Merlin and Mel always were just (close) friends and she's teasing him about how freaking much Mel does for Ellie and is amused by his attempts to make the little girl happy.

Personally I'm leaning more towards the former, mainly because love is a pretty important theme within the series, but like I said, it could go either way but knowing me and my predictions it's gonna be something else entirely :P

5. Isaiah Thomas

United States
    If Merlin fell in love with Prime Mel then she seen Prime Mel in action with the Ten Commandments so why was she so sacred about Prime Mel coming back & why does she hate the Ten Commandments now? Why will she follow Meliodas 2 being good when she fell in love with Prime Mel?

If its number 2 what's with the apology it's like Merlin said something that she shouldn't have said between them.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  6. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

England
    Still makes Merlin words pathetic been 3000 years get fucking over it. Since as we all know your true feelings come out when your drunk.

7. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Reasons to think she is referring to romantic love(IMO):
    1. The first Elizabeth was Mel's lover.
    2. Merlin fell in love and confessed at least once in her life.
    3. Nakaba didn't directly answer to the fan question.
    4. He only added this page in the volume, as if he was hesitating to reveal it the first time he drew that story.
    5. The way it's written, it seems obvious.

Reasons to think it's not:
    1. The current Elizabeth is a kid so it seems a bit out of place. But it's Nakaba so... :eyeroll
    2. They have a good relationship and it's implied they allied during the war at some point.

I think it depends mainly on Merlin's personality back then. We know that Meliodas changed because of Elizabeth. Maybe Merlin had her "dark period" and fell for the cruel Mel that she fears even now?

Baum likes this.
  8. eefrit

eefrit He who controls the pants...

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    I'm starting to doubt the romantic aspect because of this reason, but as you said, it's Nakaba.

9. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    So the female and male goddesses facing each other. Is it possible that it's the Queen Goddess and Demon King themselves?[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 26, 2017 ---
    Well we know Merlin knew prime Meliodas because out of all the Sins she's known him the longest. So that means she known Mel longer than Gowther who was a Commandment when Mel lead them. As for why she "fears" supreme demon Mel returning because he's a ruthless powerful fucking evil demon. Then you add in the fact Merlin most likely knows about the Demon King regaining his strength every time Mel dies. Which will lead to the Demon King revival well that just bad news for everyone. As for the Commandments Merlin doesn't hate them in fact she got excited about them. 1 of the few times we've seen a Merlin loses her calm collected persona.

10. Isaiah Thomas

United States
    I know Meliodas has known Merlin the longest but when I wrote that I was wondering exactly how old Merlin was when she met Meliodas.

If she fell in love with Prime Meliodas him being "a ruthless powerful fucking evil demon" is irrelevant she wouldn't be afraid because that is the guy she fell in love with.

TBH I doubt Merlin knows about the DK revival being connected to Meliodas death because if she did she would of been more caution about sending Meliodas 2 the Commandments or about taking his power 10 years ago because a weakened Meliodas could of easily die in those 10 years the Sin was separated.

In fact Meliodas being weakened for those 10 years is the reason why the Ten Commandments got released in the first place if Meliodas had his power then he wouldn't have lost 2 Helbram & he would of still had the sword handle.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  11. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

Mangahelper

France
    The cover for the volume 25 is out:
    [​IMG]
    Source? Well, every retail website. And I thank Rai for putting it up on NF.

Gallon, Yakkun and AiNana like this.
  12. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Is Dolor's natural eye color is purple or it's supposed to be a representation of Diane in Dolor's body?

13. Baum

Baum Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Germany
    His eyes are more pink-bright red than Diane's purple eyes imo. Probably his natural eye color.

Demonspeed likes this.
  14. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Has it been revealed how many chapters will be in the volume?(If it will end at 205 or 206). Personally I think 206.

15. Kokuryuu

Kokuryuu Registered User

Argentina
    Volume 25 has indeed chapters from 198 to 206.:^_^
    -----------------------------------------------
    Extras from Volume 25 (raw; includes continuation to the Druid's Altar story):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  16. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

Mangahelper

France
    While I'm at it, here are my translations of these pages:
    Front page:
    SFX: Refreshing
    Bafon

Hum… I don't know where it comes from but I feel someone glaring at us…
    But it doesn't seem hostile.
    Bafoh bafuh

…even so.

If what Harlequin and Diane told me is true…
    Assuming Gloxinia is alive and siding with the Demons…

Then it must be because of the events 3000 years ago…

Extra page 1:
    Title : Side story / The troll queen of the altar 4
    Well then, let's wipe the floor with the trolls in no time,
    get our reward and go on a booze, guys.♬

Hmmmm, according to them, it's a few steps from here.

Apparently, there's a spring that's the entrance to the druid altar… but where?

Look, captain. Is that the one they talked about?
    A spring, really… more like a puddle…

Hyohyohyo. It's also nicely nicknamed Hendy's piss pond.
    There was a time when a goddamned boy took a piss at this spring, completely unaware that it was a sacred entrance.

Don't tell me you're going to cross the gate?
    If you value your life, you'll be better off not going there. …inside there are the dreadful trolls…

Oh wow! There's a very large space that has air under the water!!
    For real?♪ Let's get there right away.♪
    Thank you, old lady.

Extra page 2:
    Title: Side story / The troll queen of the altar 5
    Jenna… what are you doing?
    SFX: Geh

I… I'm just observing their actions for the time being.
    Zaneli, even you remember him, right? Just how much mean and evil the Demon can get?

I've… been worrying since I heard his name.
    That's very certainly the name of the Demon who betrayed his tribe and fought alongside the Stigma 3000 years ago…
    Im… impossible!! Then that midget…? No way that's true!!

You're sounding so serious…

I'm going with them too!!
    Zaneli!! Aah, fine!! I'm going too!!

Bottom: To be continued.

Designs pic 1:
    "The Seven Deadly Sins" character designs I

Design drafts of Tarmiel of the Four Archangels.
    Due to wanting the one of the Four Archangels not quite human-like, even the candidates with a chimeric touch (or is that a temporary thing?), like the drafts in the middle and bottom left, were brought to existence. However he ended up looking already like a Demon more than a Goddess. As a result, we went with the upper draft (with a slight edition in design).

Designs pic 2:
    "The Seven Deadly Sins character designs II

Design drafts of Sariel of the Four Archangels.
    Unlike Tarmiel and like Ludociel, Sariel appears close to the humans. The figure of an old man got used for the left head of Tarmiel, and the young boy one (with an edition in his clothes' design) got selected. While the way his eyebrows are raised and the drooping degree of his eyes are similar to King's, his pupils are as big as Diane's. (The ones that thought they're awfully similar should try comparing them.)
    Of course he isn't related to King in any way.

Text in the middle of the old man: A lot of finger joints.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  17. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Nothing new, but it's nice seeing more of Jenna's and Zaneli's perspectives.

I laughed at Hendy's piss pond, though. xD; to think that an airhead like him was the main villain of arc 1.

18. Kokuryuu

Kokuryuu Registered User

Argentina
    In this page, Calmadios' Commandment was corrected. Instead of Betrayal is Piety, the same as Zeldris

19. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Awesome, it was Piety. There are only ten decrees, after all. Their triggers were far too identical to be considered different commandments.

Theforsakensoul likes this.
  20. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

Mangahelper

France
    I too thought it was weird for him to have Betrayal as his decree if Meliodas told the duo not to run away from the Commandment. Piety makes more sense.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2017 ---
    Also, remember how Diane in Dolor's body used Giga Pick on Karmadios? Well, in reality, it was Giga Lock.

Theforsakensoul and Demonspeed like this.