Info - Volume Covers Thread - Part 1 | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Volume Covers Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What a cute Nisekoi cover... Tsugumi memories was a good arc, along with her abilities to be wife. :p

redon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Shueisha
Bleach #67:

Shokugeki no Souma #12:

Isobe Isobee Monogatari #06:

Boku no Hero Academia #03:

Xzone

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
I don't like this BnH cover and I love the Shokugeki no soma cover

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dream team triple threat with an epic looking food wars cover, cant wait to own it.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't like this BnH cover and I love the Shokugeki no soma cover
Yeah, everything is scatered, lacks harmony in the BnHA cover.
If I didn't know Shokugeki no Soma, I would think that it is a action series by the cover. :lmao
Good cover though.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, everything is scatered, lacks harmony in the BnHA cover.
If I didn't know Shokugeki no Soma, I would think that it is a action series by the cover. :lmao
Good cover though.
That's why I keep saying Tosh would hit it big if he penned an action series. It could even be part of a new "Big 3" along with MHA and another series waiting to be born.

Speaking of which, MHA's cover is not too bad, but I think Kirishima should've been left out, giving focus to the 3 major characters for the next arc.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That's why I keep saying Tosh would hit it big if he penned an action series. It could even be part of a new "Big 3" along with MHA and another series waiting to be born.
Saeki Shun would be good at any genre he would like to try, his art is formidable.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
His style is pretty generic, though. I mean it's good, but fairly boring to me. An action series with his art might get big, however I think it would be nothing special like say Shingeki. Maybe it's only me...

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shingeki? You mean Shingeki no Kyojin? No comments...

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Shingeki? You mean Shingeki no Kyojin? No comments...
The author said it best himself:
Isayama said:
That’s how I felt when I was starting out — I was scared of being a run-of-the-mill tree with run-of-the-mill leaves that’ll blend right into the forest. Better to have memorable art, even memorably bad art, and stand out.
And well, it worked out.

Reactions: Nii

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That's good that he recognizes... That's what I always say: generic doesn't mean bad and original doesn't mean good.
I don't think that Saeki Shun's art is generic, it is pretty hard to do what he does. If it were that easy, there would be many people with this kind of art.

Last edited:

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Naruto - Sakura Hiden: Shiren, Haru Kaze ni Nosete

This cover caught my attention because I would've never thought that Sakura would look so awesome in a cover. :p

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I don't think that Saeki Shun's art is generic, it is pretty hard to do what he does. If it were that easy, there would be many people with this kind of art.
It's not "that easy", because it requires a lot of practice and skill. That being said, it's totally generic. There are many people doing it, look at any anime that came out in the last few years. The least common denominator "generic anime art" is what he does.

if you're talking about his slightly above average digital coloring/inking techniques, well, everyone also does that as well. literally everyone, even in the west. go look on dA or something.

His art is totally professional and technically flawless, but it's nothing memorable or special.

As I said, it's the least common denominator.

Y'know, it's like Picasso said, it took him three years to draw like Rafael and a lifetime to draw like a child. Oda could draw Shokugeki no Soma no problem if he wasted a few years perfecting the generic techniques like Tosh, but Tosh could never ever draw One Piece. Some things require you to have a certain eye, perspective, imagination. Tosh's art is not one of those things. Tosh's art is pure technique and nothing else. You can take any person, give them ten years of practice, and they'll be able to draw like Tosh. No need for talent or imagination, just practice.

(again, I'm totally not underestimating his utter perfection on a technical level, I'm just saying that he's the least unique artist in all of JUMP right now. And I'm not saying he has no imagination at all, I'm just saying that any imagination he may have does not come through in his artwork. To me, he seems like a talentless man who worked his ass off to learn to draw well, and I can respect that: but let's not get carried away, his art is generic as fuck.)

Last edited:

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The funny thing is that I heard people saying that One Piece is generic... :hmm
Any art style is copiable if you practice, it doesn't have anything to do with being generic or not. I would recognize Saeki Shun's art anywhere I see it, it is just a matter of having good eyes. Explain art style is complicated then, let it be...
In the end, evey good art is generic and every bad art is original, that's the inversion of quality I see here...

Someone said that Kitadari Ryouma is Saeki Shun's appretince because of their art is similar, supposedly. I disagree, they are different in many ways. Pratically nobody satisfies me when it comes to fan arts from the series of these two, because the fan arts doesn't have the "feeling", for more similar it can look.

Last edited:

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
It's not "that easy", because it requires a lot of practice and skill. That being said, it's totally generic. There are many people doing it, look at any anime that came out in the last few years. The least common denominator "generic anime art" is what he does.

if you're talking about his slightly above average digital coloring/inking techniques, well, everyone also does that as well. literally everyone, even in the west. go look on dA or something.

His art is totally professional and technically flawless, but it's nothing memorable or special.

As I said, it's the least common denominator.

Y'know, it's like Picasso said, it took him three years to draw like Rafael and a lifetime to draw like a child. Oda could draw Shokugeki no Soma no problem if he wasted a few years perfecting the generic techniques like Tosh, but Tosh could never ever draw One Piece. Some things require you to have a certain eye, perspective, imagination. Tosh's art is not one of those things. Tosh's art is pure technique and nothing else. You can take any person, give them ten years of practice, and they'll be able to draw like Tosh. No need for talent or imagination, just practice.

(again, I'm totally not underestimating his utter perfection on a technical level, I'm just saying that he's the least unique artist in all of JUMP right now. And I'm not saying he has no imagination at all, I'm just saying that any imagination he may have does not come through in his artwork. To me, he seems like a talentless man who worked his ass off to learn to draw well, and I can respect that: but let's not get carried away, his art is generic as fuck.)
To put it in a nutshell, Tosh would be the Technician against Kubo's/Oda's Horikoshi's Performer.

Edit: Never mind, scratch that.

Covers

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Shokugeki no Souma #12 HQ:

Nisekoi #17 HQ:

Toriko #34 HQ:

Bleach #67 HQ:

Gintama #58 HQ:

Boku no Hero #3 HQ: