Canon - Wahl Icht VS laxus dreyar | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
This Fight will happen in Few Chapters.
laxus
Lightning Dragon Slaying Magic

Wahl
Super Long Distance Anti Material Magic Canon(potential City Buster)
Weakness Magic

He can create Robots who can use
i)Magic Nullification.
ii)Weakness Magic
iii)Resistant To Lightning and Poison
If His Robots can use it then He himself can do it.
So we can assume Wahl has advantage over laxus.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Not sure how the real Wahl fights, so far it's all about projectile weapons. It could turn into a ranged battle maybe. If Wahl can augment Laxus level lightning it will make the shield even stronger and tilt the fight firmly in his favor.

Laxus can probably resort to non-lightning punches which could still be powerful but not like his DS magic. He's got Fairy Law but is that even an option anymore?

It's a little silly to me that someone as powerful as Wahl has such direct weakness for Laxus and there is plot reasons for Laxus to go after him so it looks like it's going to happen. Do Spriggans need help like this? Makes me question about whether this fight happens. Maybe Wahl stomps Laxus and someone steps in for him so he can go and fight somewhere else. Honestly if Laxus can beat Wahl AND Wahl can expose Laxus lightning it would make Laxus a tier above Spriggans (the ones like Ajeel not like August) so I think this is an unlikely scenario maybe the Raijinshuu/bodygurards come in to save their leader but they're not strong enough are they?

Off topic - I am not completely sold on the match-ups. That is the FT members are still at the guild, and will deal with Brandish. Perhaps something changes in that frame of time and Mavis restructures the strategy, like for instance maybe she resorts to sending Laxus to help out the Heavenly Kings because they are being overpowered by August and co.

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
In my view, Wahl's portrayal is like Brandish. It's almost impossible to defeat them, to find a appropriate opponent for them. As I stated before (in some previous threads), I can't imagine who will beat Brandish since her magic is formidable. She can shrink everything with ease. But so far we still don't know what her weakness is. This also applies to Wahl. Isn't his magic, weakness magic, perfect? So I need some panels of Wahl more to decide.

"There is no such thing as perfection in this world", right? That's what Freed said.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Logically Wahl should win but for plot Reasons laxus will win.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It's almost impossible for Laxus to win. So, Wahl easy diff.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It's too early to say really. We know wahl can covert electricity/lightning to power himself and that's Laxus mode of fighting. However, laxus already showed a ridiculously large attack and he did so casually. It's possibly that he can use an attack or numerous attacks that eventually overload or overwhelm Wahl's conversion system. Also, even if laxus attacks get absorbed, it doesn't mean laxus himself will fall easy. He's resilent, durable and has a ridiculous amount of stamina. It's possible that even if his magic is at a disadvantage, he'd be able to physically keep up with wahl and repel the latter's attacks at the very least. Whoever comes out on top, it will be a pretty tough battle either way.

Nomi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This fight, may not happen. If it does, Laxus will be the winner most probably, but after some effort that is

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
It's too early to say really. We know wahl can covert electricity/lightning to power himself and that's Laxus mode of fighting. However, laxus already showed a ridiculously large attack and he did so casually. It's possibly that he can use an attack or numerous attacks that eventually overload or overwhelm Wahl's conversion system. Also, even if laxus attacks get absorbed, it doesn't mean laxus himself will fall easy. He's resilent, durable and has a ridiculous amount of stamina. It's possible that even if his magic is at a disadvantage, he'd be able to physically keep up with wahl and repel the latter's attacks at the very least. Whoever comes out on top, it will be a pretty tough battle either way.
His Physical Attacks Will be effective and if his Attacks Can push beyond the limits Then He can Win.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I'm guessing Laxus won't solo Wahl in the story, so I'm going with Wahl for now.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Changed The Title(Canon Curently).The Fight has begun.We Can Speculate.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
I gi with wahl this time i mean with the 2 disadvantages that laxus has i can't see laxus winning this alone and wahl seems good to hand to hand fight so yes i go with wahl this time sorry laxus

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Laxus can't lose this fight. So I am running with all possibilities for Laxus to win. Remember Ajeel had a huge advantage over Erza (sand hax) but it turned out there were ways around Ajeel's magic. The same will happen with Wahl :) I just hope the rd2 for Laxus isn't against Acnologia...

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The fight hasn't even happened and we've barely seen any of both of these dudes' abilities currently. :cookiestare

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, we have seen walh use lightning to power up one of his robots but perhaps we can make the case that the robots running on electricity is also a weakness for walh. Remember how natsu eats fire? He basically sucks it in... If laxus can do that to walh's robots then laxus would have a perfect counter for them. In which case the fight would be between walh's real body which can apparently take damage and laxus.... I think laxus should be about even with a springan considering 1 year ago he was a match to gildarts. If he trained hard he could have grown strong enough to do the trick here.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I still don't really get what Wahl is capable of. He can create different machines, that's for sure. But we've seen that the fake Wahl could use Weakness Magic. That leaves me with a question. Can Wahl create robots which posses any type of magic he desire?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
At the end of ch471, did Wahl grab Laxus' arm to use his power for a punch??

ばか_?

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Weakness Magic:
But there is no weakness on Nakama power :teehee
Most likely Laxus win,can't wait Wahl get rekt.

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Finally, I choose Wahl. He has a lot of advantages over Laxus. There is even a possibility Acnologia getting in the way

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
I still don't really get what Wahl is capable of. He can create different machines, that's for sure. But we've seen that the fake Wahl could use Weakness Magic. That leaves me with a question. Can Wahl create robots which posses any type of magic he desire?
Yes i think he can create robots wich posses any type of magic but he wouldn't be too op and i think wahl wins high diff or extrême diff