Info - Waifu Wars 2017 - Award Ceremony | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Waifu Wars 2017 - Award Ceremony

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Ah, victory. Congrats to Mikasa. And an honorable mention to Holo for being so darn cute. I almost would have voted for her, were voting for me possible. A great ending this waifu war. But being a pirate, I am more than happy to say I will be kidnapping both.:cheez

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oh right, I just noticed I didn't congratulate @Erinyes for how well Beatrix did in this event, only for taking Rem down she deserved podium! :thumbs Amazing dedication, I might play FFIX someday too :heh
One more thing, if someone is interested in getting S&W novels with good translation quality I'll help with pleasure, just pm me. :amuse

As for the salt... lets keep it flowing.

I think we are not making the correct questions...

Who did you vote for in the end... @syx ?

mmmhh... I wonder. :kappa

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It was truly fun spreading salt whenever I had the chance. :kappa
Jokes aside, I enjoyed this event and how everyone partecipated in it with enthusiasm!
Hope you'll be there for the next events, which will soon be upon us!
Now then, spread the news!

:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt

Ah sorry! But hey, it's only natural that I associate the verb spread with the noun salt after these wars. :kappa

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Also Syx don't forget you gave me a certain word !!!! :derp
That card won't fail, don't worry. Do you doubt my word? :notrust

That's not nice syx.
I don’t get this. Where the hell is the sentiment that I'm a nice person coming from? I’m not, never will be.

But don’t be sad. You all have a spot somewhere deep down in my pitch-black heart. :3

Who did you vote for in the end... @syx ?

mmmhh... I wonder. :kappa
I voted for Mikasa in the end, a character I know, like and very much consider waifu material. However, I honestly feel sad for you as well as for niichan and Erinyes. You all had great nominations and put up a great campaign. It was on a whole different level than the previous WW, from quality and quantity point of view, there’s no denying it. Of course there were a lot of other users who contributed a great chunk in this event too, but it wouldn’t be fair to name only some of them, so I’ll refrain from doing so. As standard as it sounds, you all deserved to win here, I would have been fine with any of the four remaining contenders. At the end of the day, I can only say this much:

Congratulations to Mikasa and @Belserion. Both of you are more than worthy to ascend the throne.
The next generation will always surpass the previous one. That’s an understatement this time! :3

Congratulations to Holo and @Lambu. You made me download all Spice and Wolf episodes. Convincing me to pick up a new series is by no means an easy feat. That is all due to your campaign and Holo’s amazing support. I’m looking forward to it! *o*

Congratulations to Yui and @niichan. Thank you that you recommended me this great series with these brilliant characters. To think that Yui made it this far is absolutely amazing! *~*

Congratulations to Beatrix and @Erinyes. It really pains me to see a podium without your presence. But fact is, you got this far with a gaming character in a manga/anime based forum, which speaks volumes about your campaign and Beatrix herself! Please don’t stop participating in the events to come. Many people make great posts, but yours are one of the most entertaining ones!

Congratulations to @SirSamuel016 for being the Salt-Lord! That was way too salty. >.<"

Kudos to all of you who didn’t stop campaigning/supporting day after day.

Kudos to all of you who gave me a laughing fit night after night.

Kudos to all of you who made me plan to watch the series featuring their waifus.

Kudos to all of you who betrayed me and thus made me target you.

Kudos to all of you who teased me.

Kudos to all of you who picked a fight with me.

Kudos to all of you who took this event for what it is.

BIG THANKS TO THE STAFF TEAM FOR THIS OUTSTANDING EVENT!

Last but not least:

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Well, if our posts could turn someone onto Spice and Wolf, then the loss wasn't so bad. Hope you like it @syx! :bishie

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So you voted Mikasa @syx....

I do take some solace in the fact that after you watch Spice & Wolf you will look back on that moment and hate yourself more.

Well, that and that we haven't seen @Battou since I linked him the NekoPara trilogy like 3 days ago.:snidely

Last edited:

GB

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
are you telling me this bitch mikasa won? R I G G E D

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Deals with CP0 pay off, zehahahahah!

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I voted for Mikasa in the end
Oh, I-I... of course you did, I mean... it was your election... I understand...

Its just that... I feel so betrayed. :emocat
I voted for Yui in all rounds save (of course) the one where she faced Holo, there were moments were I had doubts and regrets and I took time balancing my options, like against Winry... I stayed half a day making a spiritual retreat, taking everything into account and in the end I chose to to be loyal... because you had a better campaign and I couldn't betray your confidence and support for the Holo train... :nomoar

Was that not enough? What did I do wrong? :notlikethis

:feelsbadman

So this is how treason tastes like

It definitely tastes salty :kappa :pjsalt

Even though, I cant be mad at you for long, that post erased my deception so fast. Its only fair that you vote for the character you know, and even more if its one of your favourites.

If my efforts made you give Spice & Wolf a shot then there's no way I can be mad. :p

One more thing, a big big thank you to @Demonspeed for his unconditional support in every match (damn, sometimes it felt like he was the one who nominated Holo) :XD

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Hey guys, it says "Mikasa" or something won the Waifu Wars on my screen. Is anyone else having this issue?
I'm pretty sure it's written as "Lola."

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So you voted Mikasa @syx....
Nooooooooooooooo, you are one of the few people I don't want to be hated by!

How can you have the heart to say such thing to me? >.<
Jammin!!! It's me!!!

I guess, I'll take a time out in the upcoming events. This just hurts.
Oh, I-I... of course you did, I mean... it was your election... I understand...

Its just that... I feel so betrayed. :emocat
I voted for Yui in all rounds save (of course) the one where she faced Holo, there were moments were I had doubts and regrets and I took time balancing my options, like against Winry... I stayed half a day making a spiritual retreat, taking everything into account and in the end I chose to to be loyal... because you had a better campaign and I couldn't betray your confidence and support for the Holo train... :nomoar

Was that not enough? What did I do wrong? :notlikethis

:feelsbadman

So this is how treason tastes like

It definitely tastes salty :kappa :pjsalt

Even though, I cant be mad at you for long, that post erased my deception so fast. Its only fair that you vote for the character you know, and even more if its one of your favourites.

If my efforts made you give Spice & Wolf a shot then there's no way I can be mad. :p

One more thing, a big big thank you to @Demonspeed for his unconditional support in every match (damn, sometimes it felt like he was the one who nominated Holo) :XD
My reaction when I saw the notification that you quoted me:

*I know what's coming... I know what's coming... should I face the post or not?*

You didn't do anything wrong. The fact that I didn't vote for one of my fav. characters instantly against a character I don't know at all is proof enough that I was indeed struggling with my decision. And that is - again - thanks to your campaign, your supporters and the people who betrayed me. Well, it doesn't help you much now anyway, I'm aware of that.

This event sure is cruel, it's impossible to survive it unharmed. I'm grateful that you can at least understand my decision to some degree. I will try to make up for it though. If Holo wins me over after I finish Spice and Wolf, I might consider handing out one guaranteed vote for the next WW event to you.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Watch Spice & Wolf @syx. Only then will you truly know what you have done.

To put it in a way you will understand. This is how history will remember what you did.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
was this english just now? mushi mushi
I meant the crowns and the appropriate colours were added one hour after voting had closed. How did @Sky know that Mikasa should have a gold one, Holo a silver one and Yui a bronze? Especially since Mikasa won by a margin of two votes, making it difficult to predict :notrust

Reactions: GB

GB

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I meant the crowns and the appropriate colours were added one hour after voting had closed. How did @Sky know that Mikasa should have a gold one, Holo a silver one and Yui a bronze? Especially since Mikasa won by a margin of two votes, making it difficult to predict :notrust
R I G G E D

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
That's not rocket science, 1h would be more than enough if you have alrdy things cropped and prepared, just waiting to be size adjusted and placed xD

Reactions: syx