Hangout Waifu Wars 2017 - Hangout

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Use this thread for casual talk about this event.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
For instance, Irene Belserion got nominated and people voted for her. No offense for Irene's fans. But in the manga she was a sadistic bitch who threw her newborn child away, and years later tried to kill her. Then she suicided for close to no reason. I don't see anything as Waifu material in her personality, so i guessed she got votes for her look.
But then i see other nominations, that i don't know (since i dont read a lot of mangas) and there are some tiny girls who look like 13 year old children. And here i'm like "people really want to take that little girl as wife?"
Because "Waifu" means you'd want to marry the girl, take her as your wife, correct?
You're completely right, my friend. Fake waifu's are brought into this competition and survived previous rounds which shouldn't have happened. We must prevent them from reaching the top spot by voting for THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE WAIFU MATERIAL: QUEEN ESDEATH.

I'M NOT ASHAMED OF THIS PROMOTION!!!
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just want a precision on something that bugged me for a while but i never bothered asking.
What exactly is a Waifu? What should our vote be based upon? Which criteria?

For instance, Irene Belserion got nominated and people voted for her. No offense for Irene's fans. But in the manga she was a sadistic bitch who threw her newborn child away, and years later tried to kill her. Then she suicided for close to no reason. I don't see anything as Waifu material in her personality, so i guessed she got votes for her look.
But then i see other nominations, that i don't know (since i dont read a lot of mangas) and there are some tiny girls who look like 13 year old children. And here i'm like "people really want to take that little girl as wife?"
Because "Waifu" means you'd want to marry the girl, take her as your wife, correct?

I'd just want a proper explanation about it. I apologize if this was already specified somewhere, if that's the case i missed it.
I beg to differ (just a little). If we take everything into account, then Irene was seemingly a good wife. Things changed drastically because her husband was complete trash. If he accepted her the way she was, then that sadistic side wouldn't have shown. I'll admit, Irene wasn't too good of a mother at first. But in the flashbacks, she showed that she actually cared for Erza. These kinds of elements are important and in the end, Irene was a victim of plot. I have no doubt that she is a good person. It was really unfortunate that her life turned a 180.

Also, looks are just a bonus. I know Fairy Tail girls get a lot of hate because of the way the story was written. But from what I've seen, they have the most character (not development but personality) compared to other anime girls. Admittedly, I don't read/watch much anime/manga though.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
I beg to differ (just a little). If we take everything into account, then Irene was seemingly a good wife. Things changed drastically because her husband was complete trash. If he accepted her the way she was, then that sadistic side wouldn't have shown. I'll admit, Irene wasn't too good of a mother at first. But in the flashbacks, she showed that she actually cared for Erza. These kinds of elements are important and in the end, Irene was a victim of plot. I have no doubt that she is a good person. It was really unfortunate that her life turned a 180.

Also, looks are just a bonus. I know Fairy Tail girls get a lot of hate because of the way the story was written. But from what I've seen, they have the most character (not development but personality) compared to other anime girls. Admittedly, I don't read/watch much anime/manga though.
Well, i kinda agree with you but that's definitely not enough to consider Irene a good Waifu. We can say that most villain once was a good guy/girl, and that he/she is victim from the plot. I agree that Irene was a victim and she could have been a good Waifu, but in the end she changed, due to unfortunate circumstances, and now there's no way she can be considered a good Waifu anymore. In my eyes at least.
The argument of "if this didn't happen then she could have been good" was valid, it could be applied to pretty much everybody.

Anyway, my post wasn't targetting Irene especially, though i named her. It was mainly to clarify what people considered Waifu material. I hope i don't offend you with my views on Irene, that wasn't the debate anyway.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, i kinda agree with you but that's definitely not enough to consider Irene a good Waifu. We can say that most villain once was a good guy/girl, and that he/she is victim from the plot. I agree that Irene was a victim and she could have been a good Waifu, but in the end she changed, due to unfortunate circumstances, and now there's no way she can be considered a good Waifu anymore. In my eyes at least.
The argument of "if this didn't happen then she could have been good" was valid, it could be applied to pretty much everybody.

Anyway, my post wasn't targetting Irene especially, though i named her. It was mainly to clarify what people considered Waifu material. I hope i don't offend you with my views on Irene, that wasn't the debate anyway.
Yeah, all good. I actually thought very similar to you about Irene when she first appeared, before I learned the full story. Also not going to lie, I was shamelessly promoting my waifu. Haha. Many people get the misconception that a beautiful girl automatically has no personality and is just there to appeal to men. But that is definitely not the case as a girl can have both. It's just that looks tend to overshadow it.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Yeah, all good. I actually thought very similar to you about Irene when she first appeared, before I learned the full story. Also not going to lie, I was shamelessly promoting my waifu. Haha. Many people get the misconception that a beautiful girl automatically has no personality and is just there to appeal to men. But that is definitely not the case as a girl can have both. It's just that looks tend to overshadow it.
I couldn't agree more =)
 

Stormsfury

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
1,044
Reaction score
3,343
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I've voted.
Hope you all enjoyed my depraved comments.
If you got offended by any of them, don't worry, you're meant to be butthurt, salt is what makes this tournament great.
Just remember tits are better unless the opposing character is Rita from Shingeki no Bahamut or if the chick with tits is a complete and utter bitch.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
So Gallon, you dickcheese, how does it feel to lose? That your ugly fat waifu lost? Choose a real woman next time, not some two-bit ho who keeps proposing to every man she sees.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
So Gallon, you dickcheese, how does it feel to lose? That your ugly fat waifu lost? Choose a real woman next time, not some two-bit ho who keeps proposing to every man she sees.
Loser on paper, winner at heart.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
No, she's not. Stop being delusional!
Dude, if she was real, then tens of thousands of people would die from her ugliness.
 
Top