Hangout Waifu Wars 2017 - Hangout

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Use this thread for casual talk about this event.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
So it's a bit tricky, because I wouldn't recommend watching Railgun first. If you didn't watch Index you will miss a lot of important background and information, and it's actually quite cool to see events play out from a completely different perspective (especially one arc), so I would recommend to watch Index first, even if you won't find it amazing, and then Railgun. Which again, is much better, believe me XD
Thanks for that. I will watch it from the start (Index) :nod
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Biri Biri

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
303
Reaction score
1,267
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Thanks to your displays on the battlefield, I will watch this series. Your campaigns were among my favourites.
It's a bit more than one series. Misaka actually comes from the Light Novel "To Aru Majutsu no Index", which got two anime seasons (she's not the main character there, but does play an important role at times). Tbh those two anime seasons are average to good, depending on the part.

The spin-off manga, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun", which also got two anime seasons later on, and has her as the main character is actually much better. Better animation, better story and better characters overall.

So it's a bit tricky, because I wouldn't recommend watching Railgun first. If you didn't watch Index you will miss a lot of important background and information, and it's actually quite cool to see events play out from a completely different perspective (especially one arc), so I would recommend to watch Index first, even if you won't find it amazing, and then Railgun. Which again, is much better, believe me XD
Thank you! Here's a video sharing on how you might want to watch the series if you intend to follow the chronological order.

​
If you are one who reads light novels too, then you should definitely check out them out because the anime series only covered up to roughly 30% of the story from the novel. :super
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Nani.......? but you promised me :pout


No way... you have to keep your word !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise




I don't care if the rules are not ok, just change them so easy ♥






nb Syx, still the kit you're wearing is just so :zomg ♥
Hey hey, there is a reason why I underlined the word "actively". There are still some loopholes in the contract here and there. :hip
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Thank you! Here's a video sharing on how you might want to watch the series if you intend to follow the chronological order.

​
If you are one who reads light novels too, then you should definitely check out them out because the anime series only covered up to roughly 30% of the story from the novel. :super
Now that's interesting, but way too complicated in my eyes xD If anything, the order of Index I -> Railgun -> Index II -> Railgun S sounds pretty good, but personally I almost prefer the whole of Index then Railgun, bc they're entirely different beasts I feel. But to each his own :nod
 

Selene

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
334
Reaction score
269
Country
Dragonstone
the railgun series on my backlog of shows to watch. just need time lol
 

amit-monsterman999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
899
Reaction score
327
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
so the finale is between Holo and Hinata

how much did Erza loose by to Hinata ???
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Ino or Mei don't have such (great) fanbase. Hinata may have a lot of haters, but she has also a big chunk of admirers. Ino or Mei would have never reached the 4th round. You gotta give credit to the Hinata supporters.

Does this surprise you in this forum?
  • annihilated Mira ✅
  • obliterated Lucy ✅

You deserved it! It's not like you have to prove yourself anymore, you already did. No one can take away your phenomenal win!


You are such a sore loser, it's not even fun to reply to you.



Fixed? Cheated?

Where? Proof?

Are you not able to brush off a defeat like everyone else does with their head held high? Not even @WithYouInSpirit - the nominator of Winry - whined that much. He didn't whine at all as far as I remember. Took it like a man and will make an insane comeback in the next event, that I'm sure of!

Just move on already.



Don't forget the contract we had to sign to never actively support the same character.



Yeah, you heard right, guys. We are not allowed to actively campaign for the same character. Blame it on the staff of this forum. They threatened us to delete our accounts if @Erinyes-chan and myself were to join forces together.



But how am I a sore loser when the truth is there: you were campaigning against me and not my nomination? if someone else nominated her, she'd have probably not have been stomped by Yui as hard. Sore loser would be if I was upset about losing fair and square, which did not happen. Just as how FT girls did not lose fair and square. Hell, I was prepared to lose the first round just because it was I who nominated her, and not because she wasn't seen as a good waifu even though she is.

But given that Winry and Sawako lost, it seems most do not know what a good waifu is. This "war" seems to be more about who you know than it is about who'd make the best waifu. /irony

:hmph

I'd have loved to see how the results would have been if you campaigned against Bridget instead without bringing me into it. "A vote for Bridget is a vote for M3J! Don't support M3J! blahblahblah"
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
[...] If that happened that would only mean @Sky is Hiro Mashima.



Quite an interesting plot twist for this Waifu Wars, yeah.
If Erza has friends on her side then be sure even with broken bones she will win this tournament even after losing to Hinata.
 

Anti Hero 3:16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
588
Reaction score
785
Age
35
Country
United States
I'm here to destroy the person who is the reason behind Mikoto's 1 point difference win against Akame.

Dude I can feel your pain Akame is a big example of badass female killer MC which actually we don't see often.She is one of my favs female of all time.
I kind of wish she had gone on far ahead.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
By the way i don't know if this is the right place for this question but I have to ask this, will there be husbando wars to similar to this.
Afterall why should women should get all the fun
 
Top