Hangout Waifu Wars 2018 - Hangout

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Princess ?

And a fight to the death shall we make, after all this is battlefield.
Would you prefer Sparkle Prince Oscar?

Either way a crossdresser, fabulous hair or not, will beat LLENN over my dead body.

 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Would you prefer Sparkle Prince Oscar?

Either way a crossdresser, fabulous hair or not, will beat LLENN over my dead body.

She's none of the above only the fabulous hair one :lambirb
( lets let the salt to the actually thread :feelsgoodman ):paperbag
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So many close rounds :gwah Erina, Belldandy and Boa did really well, much better than I expected them to do given their opposition. The rest was expected, and there's some really interesting matchups next round. I'm curious to see how @syx and @Brandish will manage to get me and other people to vote Erza over Riza :awe If they manage to, that is. Most hyped match for next round for me.

Speaking about Erza, that was quite a stomp. Who was her opponent in this round again?





.
.
.
.
.
.



Didn't pass one round huh? How unfortunate for Mikasa and her followers.



But hey, it could be worse! You could be Asuna whose score got quintupled. :lambirb
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gotta say there are a couple shockers for me in this last round.

Re-L losing is incredible. I guess Ergo Proxy is pretty old now but still though. Is this one of those Spice and Wolf deals where people have just forgotten about an amazing anime?:hmm

Hiyori beating Fubuki is also just.. I'll never understand that one. :errr

Also thought Touka was going to be automatic considering how much people love Tokyo Ghoul. But Oscar carried the day. Vive la France, I guess.:heh

Elsie Crimson The Armored Space Pirate ( :doge ) is truly becoming fans favourite :lambirb
Who doesn't love a red headed space pirate?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re-L losing is incredible. I guess Ergo Proxy is pretty old now but still though. Is this one of those Spice and Wolf deals where people have just forgotten about an amazing anime?:hmm
Maybe, but there was no dirty play or salt to go around so that match-up might have had less juice. Not sure.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Maybe, but there was no dirty play or salt to go around so that match-up might have had less juice. Not sure.
It had a badass cyberpunk goth girl though, that should have been plenty of juice.

--------------------------------------------------

@niichan, @syx, As fellow Fate fans I have a thought and I'm curious what you think about it. If Erza Alter was a thing, could any waifu stop her?
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,376
Gender
Male
Country
France
Maybe, but there was no dirty play or salt to go around so that match-up might have had less juice. Not sure.
Yeah, I think the thread got overshadowed by the others because of the posts and many members didn't notice it.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,688
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm sorry for those of you who have kept to yourself or have actually campaigned well in the Waifu Wars thus far but after the DISGUSTING result between Rindou and Tsuyu I'm going to have a bit of a whine and I hope you can put up with this. For all intensive purposes, I'd like you to read what I say in this man's wonderful enraged voice:

I'm utterly disappointed in this result. Actually no, not just this bin-juice result but how Rindou lost too. The loss is disappointing, but to lose to an anti-Rindou campaign in place of a Tsuyu campaign which was bloody NOTHING is a disgrace. This boils my blood that a nominee can just ride on the popularity of their series with some support from a hate campaign against her competitor rather than an actual argument being made for her. This can be extended to other threads too. People who campaign hard in their own way can just get blown out of the water thanks to some bin-juice comics or the other competitor's waifu just being from a popular series and it's just UNRELENTING. I put some work into my campaign but can't do jack against a hate campaign. Others campaign their heart out way more than me and get crap for it and I've had enough of it. Where's the actual value of campaigning if it's just going to be a popularity contest where one poorly made comic or meme can be the deciding factor when people make legitimate, well written campaigns? We lost one of the best campaigners in @Zirconium today in a good, fair campaign fight but I'm disappointed to say it wasn't the same for other threads due to some dodgy things going on. It's worse than England choking against Croatia of all teams.

Whine over. Enjoy your salt and whatever else.
Sir out.
 
Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
So many close rounds :gwah Erina, Belldandy and Boa did really well, much better than I expected them to do given their opposition. The rest was expected, and there's some really interesting matchups next round. I'm curious to see how @syx and @Brandish will manage to get me and other people to vote Erza over Riza :awe If they manage to, that is. Most hyped match for next round for me.

Speaking about Erza, that was quite a stomp. Who was her opponent in this round again?





.
.
.
.
.
.



Didn't pass one round huh? How unfortunate for Mikasa and her followers.



But hey, it could be worse! You could be Asuna whose score got quintupled. :lambirb
Currently, I am about to head to work. But you better wait for me guys, especially you, Gry. =)
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Currently, I am about to head to work. But you better wait for me guys, especially you, Gry. =)
Why do you have to do this to me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Seriously why should a comic decide which Waifu is better?It's upto their individual qualities.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm sorry for those of you who have kept to yourself or have actually campaigned well in the Waifu Wars thus far but after the DISGUSTING result between Rindou and Tsuyu I'm going to have a bit of a whine and I hope you can put up with this. For all intensive purposes, I'd like you to read what I say in this man's wonderful enraged voice:

I'm utterly disappointed in this result. Actually no, not just this bin-juice result but how Rindou lost too. The loss is disappointing, but to lose to an anti-Rindou campaign in place of a Tsuyu campaign which was bloody NOTHING is a disgrace. This boils my blood that a nominee can just ride on the popularity of their series with some support from a hate campaign against her competitor rather than an actual argument being made for her. This can be extended to other threads too. People who campaign hard in their own way can just get blown out of the water thanks to some bin-juice comics or the other competitor's waifu just being from a popular series and it's just UNRELENTING. I put some work into my campaign but can't do jack against a hate campaign. Others campaign their heart out way more than me and get crap for it and I've had enough of it. Where's the actual value of campaigning if it's just going to be a popularity contest where one poorly made comic or meme can be the deciding factor when people make legitimate, well written campaigns? We lost one of the best campaigners in @Zirconium today in a good, fair campaign fight but I'm disappointed to say it wasn't the same for other threads due to some dodgy things going on. It's worse than England choking against Croatia of all teams.

Whine over. Enjoy your salt and whatever else.
Sir out.
Don't forget the fanart!
 

MArGi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
3,125
Country
France
I am surprised Hana reached the next round! Thank you guys for voting for her :^_^

I didn't have much time to campaign this time but I'll definitely try to at least write a little something about her in the next round!
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Wanted to share this humble slide, im not good at that kind of things, but did one at earlier stage of the war with gintama ost, which is shorter and dont know this one seems better to me (took me some long time to do, last night
), this ost conveys better feeling, but might consider posting it later, if kouka makes it. It's nothing special, but just want to convince you how good is Kouka.


Track from HxH2011 : Ginpatsu no Shonen (Yoshihisa Hirano)

Thxs for watching ♥
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
If the next round starts during the night,please wait for my campaign.
 
Top