Was I cleaning this right? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Was I cleaning this right?

yorozuya

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Allashandra

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well you picked a hard page to work on. I have to say that up front. You have to becareful of leveling on this page inparticualar since you can level those grays right out of existance without to much effort. And there is still a lot of noise/dust in the blacks that should filled in. Your borders look great. The whites are mostly alright. The grays are not HQ. And yes it can take a bit of time to clean a page to HQ. Simpler pages can take any where from 1 to 2 hours. I hope this helps.

@Dark Element your page is very overleved in the blacks. There is no longer any anti-alias left.

niemasd

Reaction score
Country
United States
i didnt feel like finishing it (I have other things to do), but here is an example of a complete HQ... Yes many parts are not done yet, but you get the picture... all the parts that have some white in them but are supposed to be all black, just go over the whites with black... and use white on the dirt on the rest of the page... ^_^ here is mine:

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4071/page013gj2zt1.png

Just 10 minutes worth, but you get the picture... just elaborate...

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not a big HQer myself, hell just check my scans and you'll see that they're practically all MQ if from magaizine scans. Though I have to say that niemasds's page wasn't really that great. The second fram should have been redrawn...

But I love how everybody wants to scanlate this page so I'll do this later too after I get back to my pc.

niemasd

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah i know it should have been redrawn... but didnt feel like finishing a page that i am not working on... XD yes mine could have been MUCH better... some coloring, redrawing of frame and lines, etc... just gave him some basic stuff...