Shounen We Never Learn by Taishi Tsutsui

Which girl will be the 'one'? (or girl X)

• Total voters

Brandish μ

The Duchess of Alvarez
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
i didn't get to read chapter 26 at VIZ media
is there any other way to read it ??
I think it's just spoilers atm? It's not up on the site I use yet.

Credit: LadyRuneReader
Source: Reddit

Title: A Genius's Slightest Effort Trifles with "X"
  • Two days have passed since hearing what Uruka's junior have said, and Nariyuki remained shocked.

• Instead of Uruka, who has fully recovered, it was Nariyuki who was acting weird because he became aware of this.

• Master Fumino, who planned to go home early to study by herself, ordered Nariyuki to take Uruka back to her home. On the way...

• Uruka: "Mind if I... give you a treat?"

• Nariyuki panicked because the only thing that caught his eyes was the Love Hotel Sign, but Uruka actually went into the ramen shop next door.

• Nariyuki's thought: (Has ramen... ever been such a captivating food before...?)

• After they have finished eating ramen, Nariyuki absentmindedly asked Uruka:

• Nariyuki: "That person you like... is it...me?"

• Uruka: "Of course not!! What are you talking about?!! Sheesh!!" (LRR: ...)

• Uruka denied it as she poke fun of Nariyuki, and the whole event ended like nothing really happened... though the real reason why she denied it is that she doesn't want to be the one obstructing Nariyuki from achieving success, and doesn't want to ruin their relationship.

• Even so, she did kind of wished she had said yes back then. Meanwhile, her mom was scolding her for taking too long of a bath.

• Nariyuki: Takemoto... she likes...

• Nariyuki's Mom: Nariyuki... That's not butter. It's wasabi paste.

• Nariyuki: Ah, it really is.

• Mizuki/Hazuki/Kazuki: He doesn't mind?!

• Mizuki: Onii-...chan...?

• Nariyuki's thought: In the end...

• Uruka's thought: No, compare to that, I'm much more afraid to ruin what we have. If it didn't work out, I know that our relationship will never go back to how it was again. Which is why I'm fine with what we have now. Let's remain as is until the exams are over...

• Uruka's thought: Boo-hoo-hoo... Had I just gone with a simple "That's right"... but it would've...

• Uruka's Mom: Hey, Uruka! Just how long do plan to stay there?! There are people waiting to use it.

Koi Kage

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 27
This is a pretty funny chapter and my theory seems to be right, for now, that Sensei won't be a love interest and instead used for comedic effect also as a way to shake up the girls (as of now only are Ogata and Takemoto) a little.

Last edited by a moderator:

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Chapter 28 is up on the WNL subreddit

Just a fun chapter messing around with the MC and his harem

senjuclan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
don't think so ...boot of them started thinking about the kiss meaning
and of course that question will lead them to what love mean ...
stell better then chihaya and taichi i think hhhh

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really enjoying the way Tsutsui is writing Ogata's character in the series so far and how slightly realistic she is about whether she falling for Nariyuki or not.

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The new girl is cute and looks another best girl material. But I'm not sure I'm okay with this development. Adding another harem member from outside of their school. I wonder how the author will play out the new girl with the other girls. If anything, the new girl will only be used to make the other girls jealous.

Brandish μ

The Duchess of Alvarez
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm still back on ch26. The lack of Edited Mangas have stifled my reading of this a little. These new developments sound good, although my preference is for a small harem.

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Chapter 31 is available on the WNL subreddit

HereNThere

Redguard Sniper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright, I'm caught up now.

Ogata finally got the push I feel she was lacking at the start of the series, unfortunately, now it seems like Furuhashi has fallen to the wayside. That being said, I do like the "off kilter" pacing of the focus. Ogata may have lacked some at the start, but I think it was a worthwhile payoff for the kiss thing. Furuhashi will probably get a decent one later.

The teacher is not even thinking about romance yet, so I can't say she is falling behind.

The new girl is pretty awesome.
She's a history genius who want to go into the medical field.
I find that a pretty neat contrast.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I'm really liking the senpai's addition to the story. At first, I thought the Sensei would play that "wise older woman" role to the girls but instead it's loli-senpai. Really liking the way she's giving Yuiga a push.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
A 19 year old legal loli Tsundere senpai history genius who teases her cute and helpful Kouhai with kisses and ketchup feelings? Yes, please!!! Man, Ashumi only got two chapters in and she is already an awesome addition to the cast! <3
This guy knows how to make good female characters for a harem and not to make them just another extra pair of big tits and big buttcheeks to be undressed for the readers. I guess Ashumi gonna be the reason Furuhashi will realize her feelings for Nariyuki.

Ashumi's Dad was funny for me when he said "What in the World made you fall for my daughter?", so rude it's funny, and then "Call me Dad.", just perfect delivery of a father who had lost all hope of ever seeing his daughter in a wedding dress and now came in the silver light of hope in form of Nariyuki. XDDD

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dayum, Rizu-chan in the shower! Thank godness Fumino wasn't there, else she would have gotten a butt trauma as well. xD