Shounen [Webtoon] Ability by Son Jae-ho & Lee Gwang-Su

0Xellos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
418
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
:rofl Hell yeah, this series never fails to provide me with hilarious situations. Reminds me of the old Slayers with quotes like

The "can't knock him out no matter how hard I try" is on par with that, IMO.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I am surprised that people are not keeping up or commenting in the thread. The manga is getting very interesting with fights getting more and more common placed and interesting. Chap 21 was scanned few days back and its getting really awesome
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I follow this Manhwa, but the artwork is fairly poor compared to all the other big named Manhwa's.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am surprised that people are not keeping up or commenting in the thread. The manga is getting very interesting with fights getting more and more common placed and interesting. Chap 21 was scanned few days back and its getting really awesome
I suspect a big reason for that is how slow the beginning was. In the first 10 chapter not a lot happens and for me the mega-bishi was nearly the coffin nail. It really took until about chapter 17 before I saw any signs of life. Now we got characters, we got humor, the plot is moving.

I follow this Manhwa, but the artwork is fairly poor compared to all the other big named Manhwa's.
It's made especially for smartphones. That's why the art seems so funky at normal pc resolutions. It probably looks pretty good on an iphone.
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
I just noticed something that i didn't notice before : If you guys take a look at the anothers that just showed up and M24 at the very beggining of Noblesse, there's a huge ressemblance :


First, we had Mase who completely looked like M21 but when i saw that, i simply got shocked. The author should have tried to make Ability completely different than Noblesse artwise or at least a bit different because he seems to recycle some characters in different colors and outfits.

As for the plot going slow, i completely agree and this is one of the biggest weakness of this webtoon. I think that if i didn't know about Noblesse, i might have been even more harsh on Ability. But i still keep in mind that Son Jae-ho always keeps getting better.

Don't get me wrong, the concept of the story is original but there's something missing, something that should make me impatient to read the newest chapter every week.
 
Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
funny manhwa i started it today, its better than expected
 

strixflash

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2012
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
2,353
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Authors have created some good plot elements in nearly 25 chapters unlike Noblesse where the real plot begain to start after 60-70 chapters. While I am not expecting anything too big, the amount of story elements shown far are impressive and promising.

We have the crystal mystery, then Sa-Ryun and the people chasing him, Hon, Salamanders and their leader, and now the new boy who has stolen something from Hon.

Any guess on what that object is? We would probably get the answer tomorrow. Maybe it's another crystal?

Also what do you guys think is the real ability of Yu-Hwa? I mean the title of series is Ability so certainly there is some meaning behind it, right?
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
hmm i wonder what his deep power is really. So far he almost got killed in chap 24 but it didnt do much(by power i mean that special gauntlet thing the healing is like a passive thing for him). I like him this way without associating with HON or any other organization.
Also that cop seems to be a decent chara too
 

0Xellos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
418
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
hmm i wonder what his deep power is really. So far he almost got killed in chap 24 but it didnt do much(by power i mean that special gauntlet thing the healing is like a passive thing for him). I like him this way without associating with HON or any other organization.
Also that cop seems to be a decent chara too
The point of his power is that there'll always be the "almost" - he won't get killed, just trashed all around the place, but then still emerges from the rubble walking like a zombie :D
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
ya thats the part with seems to be certain till now. But i really wanted to see that gauntlet power last time around it kicked in when he got angry.. but i think by now if oyu need to activate it you must train for that
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haha, Ability returns and goes all in with the pairing game. I like it!:verily

It's funny how both Noblesse and Ability returned with very unexpectedly themed chapters.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The new chapter... :eyeroll

It's true that I didn't expect this one coming, being the comeback chapter. It does bring the fun atmosphere around. Quite a good comeback, looking forward to more. I do hope we'll get to see more plot developments fast, or else it'll back to being boring. >_<
 

misogum

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 2, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Ukraine
Ability chapter 35. 57 page . sa-ryun want kill yu-hwa or he is afraid of being killed ATRAN.
 

0Xellos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
418
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
Haha, Ability returns and goes all in with the pairing game. I like it!:verily

It's funny how both Noblesse and Ability returned with very unexpectedly themed chapters.
And the pairing game continues in ch 36, although in a more... adventurous... direction :derp
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
And the pairing game continues in ch 36, although in a more... adventurous... direction :derp
If i was Yu-hwa, i would be kinda scared to live with a guy wearing red lipstick.You never know what might happen... :teehee
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And the pairing game continues in ch 36, although in a more... adventurous... direction :derp
I would call it more of a "mysterious" direction.:xp

It's also absolutely crazy how long these chapters are. I mean I know the panels are spread out in that film reel style that doesn't need as many of them as most webcomics do. But 60 something pages! That's just crazy-ness.
 

Monsterguy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Messages
605
Reaction score
683
Gender
Male
Country
Slovenia
didn't comment here a long time, but I also must say I loved YE-RIN and that sene when she was blushing, too bad that YU-HWA is this dull...:fail

oh and by the way, I saw the latest chapter where
YU-HWA invites that man with white long hair to live with him, anyway...

...now what I'm curious about is:
do you think that this strong another with long white hair (I can't recall his name, sorry), would fall for YE-RIN instead ??? (:blush)
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
didn't comment here a long time, but I also must say I loved YE-RIN and that sene when she was blushing, too bad that YU-HWA is this dull...:fail

oh and by the way, I saw the latest chapter where
YU-HWA invites that man with white long hair to live with him, anyway...

...now what I'm curious about is:
do you think that this strong another with long white hair (I can't recall his name, sorry), would fall for YE-RIN instead ??? (:blush)
I straight up refuse to acknowledge the King of Bishi's existence. He/she is just too much for me.

 

strixflash

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2012
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
2,353
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
The new chapter is too long again! Ability's plot is moving in a good pace unlike Noblesse whose chapters are not only shorter, but the artwork is bad as well.
 
Top