Match - Weekly Match-up thread (Bismarck-Siegfried vs Yukimura-Tokugawa) | Page 26 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Weekly Match-up thread (Bismarck-Siegfried vs Yukimura-Tokugawa)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
ROUND IS OVER

Duke Watanabe / Niou Masaharu

29th Round:

Back to back doubles. The Pro Doubles may stand a better chance, but they are also more... boring so let's go with this opponent for Tokugawa-Yukimura:

Picture
NameBismarck Michael - Siegfried ElmerYukimura Seiichi / Tokugawa Kazuya
Techniques / Styles (Character 1)Spinless Swayball
Blur Ball Kick Serve
Muga no Kyouchi
Yips
Dream Yips (not listed)
Mirage Mirror
Zero Senses Tennis
Future Stealing
Techniques / Styles (Character 2)Teni Muhou no Kiwami10 Balls at Once
Black Hole
Premonition
Asura's Divine Path
Techniques / Styles (Together)Synchro
Howling: Existence Boundary (False Sensation)
Howling: Sixth Sense

Bismarck's 23.5 profile

Siegfried's 23.5 profile

Tokugawa's 10.5 profile

Tokugawa's 23.5 profile

Tokugawa's TeniPuri Party profile

Yukimura's 10.5 profile

Yukimura's 23.5 profile

Yukimura's TeniPuri Party profile

Poll will be up Wednesday.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So your saying Fuji better than Yukimura?
Lol.

The funny thing is usually

If we matchup Yuki and Fuji. Almost all posters here will say Yuki will win. Because Fuji will be preyed by Yips and Dream. Lmao.

But at the same time, some posters here will say Fuji (because he is even to Ryoma) is G5 level. But Yuki is not because Holding Back Tezuka Beats him and dominated him last 2 games.

And that will circle back to @Hardy's Hax/Trick Triangle statement.

Where Player A Can Beat Player B even if Player B is the stronger player. If the former Hax is very effective to the latter.

Ex:

Alan (Injurying Skills) to Peter. When It was clear that Peter was winning before he reinjured himself.

Or it can be the other way around. When Player A can beat a stronger Player B if he is immune to his hax (or he can counter his hax)

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
However Scaling Fuji vs Ryoma is tricky IMO. Ryoma intentionally made the match a game of "can I return all 6 counters?" Which makes it dubious if he played seriously. We saw Ryoma return every counter, but Fuji still won the point each time. Plus he can defeat all of Ryoma's techniques.
Actually, there is this line in the summary that Hardy made.

The spectators watch shocked as Fuji leads 5-3 after returning everything Ryoma had in his repertoire.

From here.

Maybe he did beat Ryoma everything. Who knows. We can only wait for the full translation.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Actually, there is this line in the summary that Hardy made.

The spectators watch shocked as Fuji leads 5-3 after returning everything Ryoma had in his repertoire.

From here.

Maybe he did beat Ryoma everything. Who knows. We can only wait for the full translation.
Yeah it's the first line in that chapter. We can only assume that Rylma cannot control his Samurai yet (or that it's just not better than TnK) and he stopped using Drive B variants because it was making Fuji's Phoenix/Swallow Return too strong.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Fuji is strong.

Duke said the Mser Genius will surpass him and Byoudouin?!!! In the future.

Might be true to the Top Msers though.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah it's the first line in that chapter. We can only assume that Rylma cannot control his Samurai yet (or that it's just not better than TnK) and he stopped using Drive B variants because it was making Fuji's Phoenix/Swallow Return too strong.
Maybe he didn’t use Samurai, Allez returns or other variants because he didn’t feel like it wasn’t necessary?

He was just aiming for the whole match to return his counters and once he did he broke his serve and went to the tiebreak.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Maybe he didn’t use Samurai, Allez returns or other variants because he didn’t feel like it wasn’t necessary?

He was just aiming for the whole match to return his counters and once he did he broke his serve and went to the tiebreak.
Sounds like you think Ryoma a tier above Fuji

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

No reason for Konomi to lie to us through the audience. That said, yes, Ryoma was really risking it to wait until he was 3-5 0-30 down to focus on winning lol.

Overall it's meant to be a "I returned everything you got, you did the same to me and we are dead equal" sort of match but it's terribly done.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I do agree it's terrible done. But it's probably done the way it is because Ryoma will get some huge upgrade to beat Ryoga or at least be dead even to him and Fuji won't get anything more presumably. So that's probably why Konomi leave it on the note that "If not for the wind, Fuji would have won"

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do agree it's terrible done. But it's probably done the way it is because Ryoma will get some huge upgrade to beat Ryoga or at least be dead even to him and Fuji won't get anything more presumably. So that's probably why Konomi leave it on the note that "If not for the wind, Fuji would have won"
Pretty much its a last hurray to Fuji since he won't play anymore in the tournament.

Ryoma will get a large powerup to keep up with Ryoga anyway. Right now I think quite a few players can contend with Ryoma with no further powerup including several MSers.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
He will get the most ridiculous upgrade yet ever seen, and we’ve seen quite a huge ones lately.

felixng2011

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it's clear that Fuji is better than Irie. He can use Radiant Gale to keep up with TnK which is Irie's biggest threat. Irie maybe has World of Ice, but outside of Atobe vs Ryoma, World of Ice isn't absolute.

However Scaling Fuji vs Ryoma is tricky IMO. Ryoma intentionally made the match a game of "can I return all 6 counters?" Which makes it dubious if he played seriously. We saw Ryoma return every counter, but Fuji still won the point each time. Plus he can defeat all of Ryoma's techniques.

However again, we don't see Ryoma use Samurai and the finicky wind put Fuji at advantage and disadvantage in the match. Plus Ryoma relies a lot on Special Moves which makes him the ultimate prey for Fuji's counters. So overall, I think it's hard to get a clear picture on where either stands because the match is such a mess writing wise.
I definitely do not think Fuji being better than Irie is a sure thing.

Not to mention I do believe Irie matches up well against Fuji.

He is a skilled, fast and has high mental strength.

His weaknesses are his power and stamina, not things Fuji can particularly exploit. I don't think he is truly a low stamina player either considering he played so many points with Atobe.

Irie can probably deal with most of Fuji's counters relatively easily to be honest.

None of Fuji's counters are powerful from what I remember so he can't exploit Irie's low power.

I think Irie will have the advantage until Fuji comes up with a new counter or two mid battle and then anything goes. Maybe a new counter that will be hard for Irie to return since he is "weak". Wouldn't surprise me if even his low power and stamina stats were a facade.

Let's be honest can any player play over 100 tiebreaks with 2 stamina? Seems bogus which makes me suspect Irie's stats is bs.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Stats are usually revised once the coach found out it's not accurate (like how they view Atobe mental... Or at least I thought it was Atobe. I forgot who).

Irie stats is probably accurate but he use his tech to control and pace and field so he would use less stamina.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
I definitely do not think Fuji being better than Irie is a sure thing.

Not to mention I do believe Irie matches up well against Fuji.

He is a skilled, fast and has high mental strength.

His weaknesses are his power and stamina, not things Fuji can particularly exploit. I don't think he is truly a low stamina player either considering he played so many points with Atobe.

Irie can probably deal with most of Fuji's counters relatively easily to be honest.

None of Fuji's counters are powerful from what I remember so he can't exploit Irie's low power.

I think Irie will have the advantage until Fuji comes up with a new counter or two mid battle and then anything goes. Maybe a new counter that will be hard for Irie to return since he is "weak". Wouldn't surprise me if even his low power and stamina stats were a facade.

Let's be honest can any player play over 100 tiebreaks with 2 stamina? Seems bogus which makes me suspect Irie's stats is bs.
It's also stated in his match with Koyo that Irie uses his acting to control the pace of the match. And that 100+ tiebreak was against an injured Atobe.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I believe that @felixng2011 is the only one that debated but has yet to vote.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Stats are usually revised once the coach found out it's not accurate (like how they view Atobe mental... Or at least I thought it was Atobe. I forgot who).

Irie stats is probably accurate but he use his tech to control and pace and field so he would use less stamina.
The problem with Coaches Stats is they only rank what they saw.

They do not have the ability to see thru hidden moves, abilities, and talents of players.

For ex:

They misjudged heavily the stats of Byoudouin.

They misjudged Duke too cause they are not able to tell that he has a hidden kijin.

So, basically, they are just Advanced Data People who are only limited but what they saw.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
What's the next match up?

JamesRyder

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, don't mind me. If anyone wants some ideas, maybe Jackal + Marui vs. Shishido + Ootori?

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Kintarou+Oni vs Yukimura/Tanegashima or Kintarou/Yukimura vs some pair would be something I like to see. Hyper offensive Kintarou that surpass Marui+ ultimate defense Yukimura that surpass Jackal lol.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Imo, Let's have some doubles matchups

Duke/Niou (Unsealed Illusions) VS Tanegashima/Akaya
(Battle of Japan SF Doubles Pairs)

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
ROUND IS OVER

Irie Kanata

28th Round:

Back to doubles, let's go with the latest suggestion since a lot of the other ones involve Kin and his match isn't over yet:

Picture
NameTanegashima Shuuji - Kirihara AkayaDuke Watanabe / Niou Masaharu
Techniques / Styles (Character 1)Flash Tennis (not listed)
Void
Void Before Birth (not listed)
Ultimate Void (not listed)
Duke Homerun
Play Ball!
Duke Bunt
Destruction (not listed)
Duke Buster (not listed)
Ki Jin (not listed)
Techniques / Styles (Character 2)Knuckle serve
Speed play
Muga no Kyouchi
Devil Mode
Angel Mode
Short Snake
13 Execution Methods (not listed)
0. Beheading (incomplete) (not listed)
Blue Eyes Mode (not listed)
Trick Play
Illusion
Meteor Drive (not listed)
Techniques / Styles (Together)Defence-Offence Combination
Reciprocal Void
Japan's Strongest Pair (through Byoudouin' Illusion)
Howling: Creation (through Camus' Illusion)
Niou Homerun

Their 10.5 profiles are here.

Tanegashima's 23.5 profile.

Tanegashima's Tenipuri Party profile.

Kirihara's 23.5 profile.

Kirihara's Tenipuri Party profile.

Duke's 23.5 profile.

Duke's Tenipuri Party profile.

Niou's Tenipuri Party profile.

This is SFs Niou or it'll be no contest (however, Duke does have his Ki Jin).

Poll will be up Wednesday.

Last edited: