Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1 | Page 83 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2010] - Discussion and TOC Talk

The Deicide chapters will start being ranked next issue, I expect a rebound. The chapter this week was Aizen talking, the last page was epic though. To be honest I've enjoyed the last month of Bleach more than at any time since Turn Back The Pendulum ended. One Piece has also been epic the last few months.

Anyway, not reading Metallica. Seems pointless, more Jump action. If Komi Naoshi or Matsui ever come back wake me up :p

pandaaqueen

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Now if only I could say that on anything since the Byakuran fight. -____-
I don't really want to defend Amano, tbh; however, it's not all her fault. In my opinion, at least. Look, even fairly bad chapters like the ones dealing with the fight against Byakuran were very high-ranking; her volumes are selling better and better again, too, surprisingly. And actually, I was expecting that she'd get a proper ticking-off, meaning pretty low TOC rankings and worse volume sales. However, as I already mentioned, the exact opposite happened. Sadly. So, as far as I'm concerned, the Japanese readership being responsible for said positive trend is to blame. They should stop buying her volumes & voting for Reborn! when it comes to TOC rankings until clear improvements can be noticed :I

Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Reaction score
Country
United States

The Deicide chapters will start being ranked next issue, I expect a rebound. The chapter this week was Aizen talking, the last page was epic though. To be honest I've enjoyed the last month of Bleach more than at any time since Turn Back The Pendulum ended. One Piece has also been epic the last few months.
Its the climax of a 4 year long arc. Kubo had better be delivering after all of that dragging. Bleach has indeed been more enjoyable in recent chapters for me. Though that might just be me being a fan of the Urahara faction and they are finally stepping up to bat.

Anyway, not reading Metallica. Seems pointless, more Jump action. If Komi Naoshi or Matsui ever come back wake me up :p
After some more thinking, I believe sometimes we can be a bit harsh on the action manga. Sure you get utterly bland ones like Kagijin or the clear Part 2 Dragonball/YYH successors in Bleach.

But I feel that if something is attempting to build a story outside of the typical conventions or at least builds unique characters it should probably be given some more slack.

If Metallica appears to do that in its first year without getting the axe I won't complain too much about it.

I don't really want to defend Amano, tbh; however, it's not all her fault. In my opinion, at least. Look, even fairly bad chapters like the ones dealing with the fight against Byakuran were very high-ranking; her volumes are selling better and better again, too, surprisingly. And actually, I was expecting that she'd get a proper ticking-off, meaning pretty low TOC rankings and worse volume sales. However, as I already mentioned, the exact opposite happened. Sadly. So, as far as I'm concerned, the Japanese readership being responsible for said positive trend is to blame. They should stop buying her volumes & voting for Reborn! when it comes to TOC rankings until clear improvements can be noticed :I
Not going to happen. Its in the same category as Naruto and Bleach in that regard.

Unlike a good portion of the base, I actually enjoyed parts of the future arc and didn't completely give up on it. But at the end when it got rushed after spending such a long time building it up only disappointment can describe what I felt there.

And the recent chapters have just been utterly boring for me. I don't care for the parallel minor mafia family that is being introduced. Only Adelheid remotely interests me and that is because she had the audacity to bust into Hibari's office and tried to take over from him.

Reactions: R4n

Steffan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark

Well the fact that that horrible HORRIBLE Future Arc has finally ended seems like an incredibly improvement to me. It's actually enjoyable to read, now.

pandaaqueen

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Not going to happen. Its in the same category as Naruto and Bleach in that regard.
I know, I know. But you get my point, right? Being a mangaka is also a job! Having said that, as long as your readers are seemingly pleased with your work, there's most likely nothing that could make you doubt your work.

Well the fact that that horrible HORRIBLE Future Arc has finally ended seems like an incredibly improvement to me. It's actually enjoyable to read, now.
I can't agree with you on that D: Sometimes I do think that she's simply lost her touch.

Reactions: R4n

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Really? I don't know, but to me this recent arc has been a breath of fresh air. Its got interesting plot developments, an interesting story premise, cool new characters and some actual comedy which I so very missed. The future arc just dragged on for too long.

Metallica was pretty... unspectacular. The synopsis actually had me interested, but the 1st chapter (including the art) just felt like the same old, same old... I'm still digging the whole metal theme, but I was expecting a more steampunk story. To me this just seems like MAR (which I never actually read/saw except for some parts).

I was kind of glad to hear about the new sports series, and even more when I heard it was going to be about football, but Shonen Shiku just seems unimpressive. I'm actually interested in reading Kuroko now that the art seems to have gotten pretty cool. Well that and the fact that I'm interested in seeing what the colour whored series has to offer after getting so many CPs :D.

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

As a huge Reborn fan, I saved both of the HQ covers. Thank you!

I have a question. In the top left circle, it says that this issue is the June 14 edition when it's actually released on the 31st. Does anyone know what "June 14th" means?

I'm just curious. Sorry for the stupid question!

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

As a huge Reborn fan, I saved both of the HQ covers. Thank you!

I have a question. In the top left circle, it says that this issue is the June 14 edition when it's actually released on the 31st. Does anyone know what "June 14th" means?

I'm just curious. Sorry for the stupid question!
I'm guessing that it's the issue for that week. Like most periodicals (mostly monthly ones), the June issue doesn't actually come out in June, it comes out in May, for instance. Issue 26 is supposed to be on newsstands this monday, the 31st, and it'll remain on the newsstand until June 7th. It's a week early, but I think it's the same kind of thing.

Negative Syndicate

873 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2010/05/31(月) 00:40:19 ID:Zn9n5DWS0
ん~ 今日はちょっと無理だなあ
一応ドベは四と目だったかと
There is no koneta today, maybe tomorrow. But it is confirmed that Yotsuya and Medaka are in bottom 5.

714 名前: ◆EizHb38XPU [sage] 投稿日:10/06/01(火) 02:50 ID:cWK007Rg
小ネタ
・27ドベ5四谷、めだか、いぬ、録音、銀
・28巻頭OP C亀、読切西義之
・読切29村田、30稲垣+ボンジェー<漢字出せないw
Issue 27 Bottom 5:

Gintama
Lock On
Inumaru
Medaka Box
Yotsuya

Issue 28:
Lead CP: One Piece
CP: Kochikame, One Shot by Nishi Yoshiyuki (author of Muhyo to Roji)

Issue 29: One Shot by Murata Yuusuke (illustrator of Eyeshield 21)

Issue 30: One Shot by Inagaki Riichiro (story author of Eyeshield 21) + Bonjae (?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Yeshhhhh, Nishi Yoshiyuki gets a one shot. Definitely looking forward to it. Muhyo was awesome, bokke-san was understimated and killed without giving it a decent chance... Glad to see the mangaka back

Yotsuya is done for good. The only hope it has, is that current arc isn't rated yet but I highly doubt it will survive (very sad imo)

and no psyren again, cool and good

~†Ale†~

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Yotsuya has stayed in the last position of the Bottom for a long time.
I hope it will be dropped. It has many probabilities.

Lock-On! starts to decay. I don't think it could be dropped, but, if it continues this path for a month, the Jump will delete it.

Rejuvenation

Reaction score
Country
United States

So Nishi is back with a one shot huh? Ugh, now my sad feelings for the loss of Bokke-san are coming back. Hopefully his current one shot is entertaining.

Lock On has sunk a bit. I'm interested in if it will jump up next week or not.

Yeah, Yotsuya is pretty much on the road to the Jump graveyard from the looks of things.

The Eyeshield duo coming back to back with separate projects feels weird haha. Hopefully Murata's current one shot is better than Blust. >___>

Medaka needs to try and build some momentum again. I wonder if it will get its acknowledgment in 29 or 30. Otherwise this will feel akin to Beelzebub earlier this year lol.

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

NO lock on and gintama are in the botom what a shame O.o hope they get ranked higher next week.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Those three one-shots are almost awesome enough sounding to make me forget about the fact that Yotsuya is most likely getting cancelled. I can't wait to see what Nishi, Murata, and Inagaki have in store for us :tem

Magicoreo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

WOO I've been lurking for quite a while now, and it's great to hear Murata will be having a one shot soon! Blust was 'eehhh' hopefully, he does better this time!

And it does feel sorta strange that Riichiro is having his own one shot in the magazine~ Still looking forward to it though!

Excited~!

Horsee

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hungary

Issue 29: One Shot by Murata Yuusuke (illustrator of Eyeshield 21)

Issue 30: One Shot by Inagaki Riichiro (story author of Eyeshield 21) + Bonjae (?)
Finally! It's about time!!! I hope they'll return.

StrangerAtaru

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

With some recent events, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Sorachi is starting to prepare for what could be a finale arc. Sure the anime is "on hiatus" and could come back, but somehow if it starts dropping, it won't really hurt Sorachi any and he could do an epic finale. (besides, aside one promised story, he seems to have done everything he wanted...so the end of Gintama wouldn't be tragic)

Other than that...meh, not much to say but strange to see Inagaki and Murata not working together anymore...then again things could still change. (see Okano and Makura breaking up after their post-Nube series failed...then coming back together in Oh Super Jump's Izuna spinoff

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

With some recent events, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Sorachi is starting to prepare for what could be a finale arc. Sure the anime is "on hiatus" and could come back, but somehow if it starts dropping, it won't really hurt Sorachi any and he could do an epic finale. (besides, aside one promised story, he seems to have done everything he wanted...so the end of Gintama wouldn't be tragic)
Honestly I wouldn't read too deeply into the mind of Jump's greatest Gorilla. I don't think that he really has any sort of plan when it comes to how he plans Gintama, and really just does things as they come to mind. He said at one point that he'd end it at 30 volumes, but currently 35 is slated for release in August. In the latest Character book, he says he'll end it when he feels like it. While that could be next week (not really), Gintama meanders around so much that it's kind of like Kishimoto saying Naruto will end 'soon'. Soon could be 3 more years. He may have reached the end of the line as far as stories he SAID he'd do, but it's not too strange for a mangaka to suddenly want to do more. (See Oda.)

user216

^you're so right
I think they just want to milk their cash cows as much as they can, after all only few authors have managed back to back hits

Status
Not open for further replies.