Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
For those who read the raw, how is HQ! so far ? Do you feel like it has some potential ?
After 2 ecchi bomb chapters, it seems that Pajama slow it down a little, I guess it was time to start a plot.
HQ! is really interesting and is much better than Kurogane and all of the other sport series' that Jump has had over the past few years. Unfortunately, the art makes the series a chore to read, and it is just so ugly and scary and out of place. I think this series has alot of potential, but I think the art won't go over well with the voters. I'm most likely going to drop HQ! though
Pajama na Kanojo is my favourite of the two new series. Chapter 1 and 3 were really good. I didn't enjoy chapter 2 as much as the other two which was probably because of the lack of Yuki. The series is very daring so I'm anxiously waiting to see how it will do in the rankings. I'll be looking foward to reading this series every week and will also definitely be purchasing the volume's when they are released.
If I were to rank the new series and there potential it would probably look like this -
- Nisekoi > Pajama > HQ! > Magico > Pakki > Kurogane > ST&RS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've also noticed that since I've began reading Nisekoi every week, I just cannot seem to enjoy reading it when it is in English. The translations are perfectly fine, but the characters seem so annoying when they are speaking English compared to when they are speaking Japanese
I've never had this problem before when a change of language has so greatly effected the amount I've enjoyed a certain series. I'm just curious, but has anyone else had a similar problem to this before?