Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

jeez, how to ruin a series... medaka box just reached its climax, now it's unnecessary to continue it...
That's Shonen Jump for you.There are many series I think should have ended long ago.Best example is Naruto.Popularity ruined it.
Same will probably happen to Medaka Box.
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Medaka Box will be the same as it's always been: weird, doesn't make sense, and full of lots of trolling~
 

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I have lobbied for those jump, because now comes the anime, they know that sales will increase a little, and to make money, extend the series that will end now ...
that sucks ...

I think the author really wanted to finish the manga, but said no jump ...
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Is there some sort of overarching quest in Medaka Box, wherein completing the quest signals the climax of the series? Did Medaka find someone with net terminal genes, has construction on the megastructure been halted? Do Jump fans even get the reference? Srsly though, how the hell can there be a "logical conclusion" short of the characters graduating high school? Since that has not happened the story can continue in a logical (at least by Medaka standards) manner, with the cast moving on to their next wacky adventure.
 
Last edited:

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

As long as Bakuman doesn't get unnecessarily extended I'm content. Medaka Box doesn't really have a finish line, but Bakuman had one laid out since day one. And it's probably mere chapters away from crossing it.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Is there some sort of overarching quest in Medaka Box, wherein completing the quest signals the climax of the series? Did Medaka find someone with net terminal genes, has construction on the megastructure been halted? Do Jump fans even get the reference? Srsly though, how the hell can there be a "logical conclusion" short of the characters graduating high school? Since that has not happened the story can continue in a logical (at least by Medaka standards) manner, with the cast moving on to their next wacky adventure.
well even Medaka should follow the rule of ending after the biggest villain is defeated and I honestly can't imagine a villain after Anshin'in. It looks like it's her win against Medaka this time so I'm not too surprised about a new arc but I would definitely be disappointed if the story goes on even after she's defeated. Hard too judge it's continuation without seeing the conclusion of the arc but as of now I don't see anything wrong with a new arc.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Is there some sort of overarching quest in Medaka Box, wherein completing the quest signals the climax of the series? Did Medaka find someone with net terminal genes, has construction on the megastructure been halted? Do Jump fans even get the reference? Srsly though, how the hell can there be a "logical conclusion" short of the characters graduating high school? Since that has not happened the story can continue in a logical (at least by Medaka standards) manner, with the cast moving on to their next wacky adventure.
The 4th wall breaking uber villain of the series made a declaration some time ago that she will end the manga before the series got its anime. Which would make the next chapter the nominal "final" chapter. Of course, a lot of people have been dooped into actually believing this, and the manga has been very misleading by teasing its end next chapter as well as having the current arc feel like an end game arc. So it has a very good feeling of it ending, however people don't realize how much of a troll Nisio is, and how silly it would be to end a manga just as the anime begins, so it didn't occur to them that they wouldn't end the series because the villain said it was going to.

I don't get why some people want it to end if they like it, tbh it hasn't really gotten stale, though it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. If anything, I'd say its getting to its peak amongst the people who like the manga, why end a good thing? General reactions I gauged is that most were sad once they felt it was going to end, I haven't really seen people rejoice that it was ending. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places.

Also
@naruto-niichan
Not to steer this conversation too much towards Medaka Box, but who's to say the main villain even gets defeated
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I'm not judging on Medaka box since i don't read it anymore but what is bad in ending a manga when it's good (if ending make sense). So many are wasted by a loosy end.
Every story has to end one day and the authors only increase they chance to end properly by stretching their manga.
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I'm not judging on Medaka box since i don't read it anymore but what is bad in ending a manga when it's good (if ending make sense). So many are wasted by a loosy end.
Every story has to end one day and the authors only increase they chance to end properly by stretching their manga.
Normally that's true, I for one don't really want it to end. I'm enjoying it each week quite well. Anyway, if they did end it, there would still be a lot of loose ends that would be almost impossible to tie up in one chapter.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

As long as Bakuman doesn't get unnecessarily extended I'm content. Medaka Box doesn't really have a finish line, but Bakuman had one laid out since day one. And it's probably mere chapters away from crossing it.
I agree. Bakuman is in my opinion closer to an ending than Medaka Box. I think that too many people are focusing on that panel in which a character said that her objective is the ending of medaka box once the anime starts. I call that panel an epitome of sarcony (a portmanteau of sarcasm and irony)...

At this moment, Bakuman is closer to end
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Slightly surprised but I considered the possibility of it just moving on to a Zenkichi arc.

I wonder where it'll go from here though.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

[Cross];2833480 said:
I don't get why some people want it to end if they like it, tbh it hasn't really gotten stale, though it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. If anything, I'd say its getting to its peak amongst the people who like the manga, why end a good thing? General reactions I gauged is that most were sad once they felt it was going to end, I haven't really seen people rejoice that it was ending. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places.

Also
@naruto-niichan
Not to steer this conversation too much towards Medaka Box, but who's to say the main villain even gets defeated
I completely agree with your opinion, I'm glad that it's not ending yet but I guess some people really took Anshin'in's comment too serious. I'm really curious to see where the story is heading now but as a Nishio fan I believe that I won't be disappointed.

:XD guess you're right, everything is possible in Nishio's stories.

At this moment, Bakuman is closer to end
yup Bakuman is bound to end, there's no way around it. They reached their goal so I can only imagine around 10 or so chapters. Still I doubt that Medaka will go on that much longer, as well as Mago. Jump's lineup will definitely change a lot in the next 1-2 years. Naruto, Mago, (Medaka), Bleach and Reborn all are in it's final state and probably will end around this timeframe. Just my guess though, Amano and Kubo could definitely stretch the manga and continue for a few more years, but I hope they won't.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

well even Medaka should follow the rule of ending after the biggest villain is defeated and ...
you mean bleach, didn't you? ^^


Maybe this last arc will be dating medaka san, because thats zenkichis goal.
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It's a long way to Naruto, Reborn! and Mago's end. And even longer is the one to Bleach's end.
Really, the only jump's series that will probably be ended at the end of the year is Bakuman. And even for Bakuman I'm not so sure about that. It's just too popular, Jump won't let it go so easily.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It's a long way to Naruto, Reborn! and Mago's end. And even longer is the one to Bleach's end.
Really, the only jump's series that will probably be ended at the end of the year is Bakuman. And even for Bakuman I'm not so sure about that. It's just too popular, Jump won't let it go so easily.
I don;t know what your talking about with Naruto. It could end within the next year or so honestly. Kishimoto even said in an interview on SJ Alpha the series is headed towards it's climax right now.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

And even for Bakuman I'm not so sure about that. It's just too popular, Jump won't let it go so easily.
I'm not sure, Ohba isn't type of the author who do long series. Even look at Death Note, it was really big hit and I'm sure the editors didn't want end short, but it didn't serialize long. So, I think it is possible that Bakuman may end this year.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It's a long way to Naruto, Reborn! and Mago's end. And even longer is the one to Bleach's end.
Really, the only jump's series that will probably be ended at the end of the year is Bakuman. And even for Bakuman I'm not so sure about that. It's just too popular, Jump won't let it go so easily.
I think Reborn will be ending too, the series has gotten boring and if the creator chose to do a another arc it will fall in Jump's ToC.
 

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

reasoning that stupid, just because it sells a series, goes on forever ...
then OP and naruto will never end, by this logic ...

manga has a beginning and an end, like everything ...
Bakuman have already stretched the plot a slaughter, and like other manga of the jump, just to make money ...
 

Westlo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

If you knew anything of Nisio you knew the manga wasn't ending... also FFS.

Main Bad Guy - Hey guyz i'll end the manga before anime k!

Stupid Fanbase - OMG IT MUST BE TRUE BECAUSE SHE SAID IT AND SHE BREAKS THE 4th WALL!!! And we'll completely ignore ever other time that Nisio has trolled us in this manga (including making everyone think Medaka Vs Zen in a fight was going to happen) and believe Ajimu's words! We'll also forget that she said she was going to wait for Medaka to graduate from high school before doing the flask plan, because than it would show that she lies.

Slightly surprised but I considered the possibility of it just moving on to a Zenkichi arc.
You mean it wasn't Zen centric enough since the Non-Equals arc? The rankings in the JUMP TOC have suffered ever since they put so much focus on Zen, no matter how popular he is on some English forums Jump readers just don't like Zen, he flopped hardcore in the last character poll and this entire arc has had crap rankings compared to the previous arc with the Non Equals with a lot of Kumagawa and Akune focus.

The anime is dead on arrival because Zen can't carry it and if he wants to kill the manga too than he's welcome to go into a full on Zen arc.

well even Medaka should follow the rule of ending after the biggest villain is defeated and I honestly can't imagine a villain after Anshin'in. It looks like it's her win against Medaka this time
In one way yes but in other ways and ways that matter.... lol.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top