Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

so Nisekoi really is getting serialized? :zomg excuse me while I go fangasm :fangirl
Komi really deserves to get a series, I would have been fine with whatever series he gets published.

Good to see that ST&RS rank rised, maybe it's not doomed yet! I'm sad that Mago is so underrated but as it's not in an immediate danger it's no big deal.

Totally happy with the TOC, now I wonder if Enigma is the only series that will get canceled this time.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I would never expected Nisekoi being serialized. It is good as one-shot; don't know if it can be good enough as a serie in WSJ. But it is Komi Naoshi and I'm really happy for him. Like naruto-niichan, I would have been fine with whatever series he gets published as well.
 

shezar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
25
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

So "Why me sad" and Sasuke got those rankings........sigh.
Nice to see hunterxhunter rising ,gintama its in a good place,its a okay TOC.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Nice TOC this week. Naruto holding down the top spot. Bleach is fourth. Magico is evades the bottom 5 and ST&RS moves itself from the bottom. The only thing that would of made it better is if Mago wasn't second to last. Either good TOC.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Also this time Ohana missed Inumaru Dashi...
Inumaru Dashi is between Medaka Box and HunterXHunter.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

*eyes pop out* please tell me I'm not seeing things.... Naoshi is BACK!!??? naruto-nii, you and me both:fangirl

I agree Nisekoi was probably better off as a one-shot, but who knows this one might be be good as a series. Remember that one-shots and the serialized versions can be different. So I'm quite eager to see how he'll change things around.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Sket Dance in 3rd place again is great to see. If any series must be getting a massive boost from its anime this one might be it. Breaking into the top 3 like it has been doing is impressive. I'm a bit behind on One Piece but 2nd place doesn't surprise me from what people have been telling me. Medaka seems firmly entrenched in the

Harusigawa's downward trend continues. I shouldn't have read it yet after all. Whether it can climb up or turns into the new cushion time will tell. Enigma is as good as dead at this point I think. St&rs is at the top of the bottom 5 but still not in the best of positions. Another new series huh. Well, we will see if he learned anything from last time.
 

Reith

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

What a great ToC.
Harisugawa so low is a big surprise!

And I wish Magico to get a Color page soon and even a Cover, but it's almost impossible right now.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Is Enigma ended this issue or not yet?

Also, it looks like Nisekoi going to be serialized. I'm glad that Komi has returned but I'm not sure he brought right genre in right time. Jump already have two romance series (well, one of them is mix of action), so I'm not sure Jump needs a third one. I wonder if this means Kagami is keep doing bad or the editors try to do a another Hoopmen plan.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I would never expected Nisekoi being serialized. It is good as one-shot; don't know if it can be good enough as a serie in WSJ. But it is Komi Naoshi and I'm really happy for him. Like naruto-niichan, I would have been fine with whatever series he gets published as well.
don't like it at all. i mean it's like every 2-3 years he gets the chance for serialization and if he gets one, i want a story which has a bigger chance to survive. it's not like i didn't enjoy his pieces, it's just is worst story of all of them, which seems dissapointed to me. maybe he changes a great deal about the one-shot, so just guessing.

Is Enigma ended this issue or not yet?
it's not far off looking at it's currently pace.

...editors try to do a another Hoopmen plan.
was it a sacrifice lamp? don't know what you mean...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

was it a sacrifice lamp? don't know what you mean...
Kind of like a sacrifie lamp. I think Hoopmen is for making Kuroko much nicer by comparing both.
 

ashlley09

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
11
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Nice ToC
Gintama has a really good place too.
I guess based on the ToC, sket dance is on the roll.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Very exciting that Komi is coming back. Of his post Double Arts one shots I actually enjoyed Nisekoi the most. I'm sure it will need some retooling, all one shots do, but the premise could make for a good series. If he plays up the antagonism it could end up having a nice "Moonlighting" vibe.

It bears repeating: Jump's audience has become older over the last year. Now that 70% of readers are over 16 there will likely be more room for sports, slice of life, and romance with the number of new action titles declining. If most readers were still in there early teens, to much romance would not have worked. But based on the media guide the trend will be towards genre that appeal to readers in their late teens or older.

don't like it at all. i mean it's like every 2-3 years he gets the chance for serialization and if he gets one, i want a story which has a bigger chance to survive. it's not like i didn't enjoy his pieces, it's just is worst story of all of them, which seems dissapointed to me. maybe he changes a great deal about the one-shot, so just guessing.
This is only his second serialization. Personally I thought Apple and Personant were his worst one shots. Nisekoi was considerably better than either, in my opinion a more refreshing read. His first three one shots were the best but all were before Double Arts was serialized.
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Kind of like a sacrifie lamp. I think Hoopmen is for making Kuroko much nicer by comparing both.
Although when I compare Hoopmen and Kuroko, Hoopmen was far superior on all grounds imo lol XD
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Y'know what?? if that Viz Jump Alpha has a section for comments, we really need to spam it with Naoshi-worship!!O0 (of course, it'll depend if it becomes as enjoyable as DA)
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Wow, Naruto still nr1 spot <I still believe its due to OP being not soooo impressive, just good, imo> I'm shocked :p because its the first time in a long time Naruto managed to hit nr1 spots so many times <right?>

Either its because of the
Sasuke appearance :p <most definitely>
or because of..

...

the Second Mizukage dude little appearance :p <trolling, sorry xP>
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Hurmm, Magico could be higher, but at le-

NISEKOI?! NAOSHI?! YES YES YES THIS IS WHAT I WANT
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Naoshi's back, Stars is out of the bottom five, and Kurogane has a color page.....goood ToC :tem
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Naoshi's back, Stars is out of the bottom five, and Kurogane has a color page.....goood ToC :tem
No, Stars it still in bottom 5.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

So are we getting to see the new volume covers in this issue?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top