this one looks gorgeous. maybe a historical typ set in a desert style country, like aladin?
offtopic: does anyone know which chapter of nuraryhion is cover up in the second season? i want to read the manga after the last one, it's a accurat adaption or not?
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
The second season of Nurarihyon is fillerless so far and I believe that it will be up to the end of it, if you haven't read the chapters that comprise the first season yet saw the first season I would suggest that you'd at least read the arc that covers the second half of it which is somewhere about chapter 20-47.
The chapters that comprise the second season would probably be 48-132(plus the first chapter that is episode 1) and there is extra footage that is not being animated, the animation of this season is great yet it would probably have a much better pace if it was done as a 52/64 episodes from the get go by this director. (the director of the first series in known for distorting good manga's stories such as Hoshin Engi and Samurai Deeper Kyo)
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
I’m thinking of posting those regularly, because I find it interesting what our counterparts on 2chan are thinking about the “ToC” ranking. I find this thread appropriate for it but if the mods don’t think so, I can open a new thread for it. I thought about opening a new thread for it where our forum can do the same but there are two problems:
1) It was already done once and the participation was really really low
2) Not all series get Edited Manga and some Edited Mangas are weeks late
Bear in mind that the following ranking are not an actual reflection on how the series will do when the actual rankings come out but only a nice little pastime for very few people on 2chan.
How does it work?
They give every series they read a score between 1(the lowest), 5(the highest) and 0 for unread series.
What do the numbers mean?
The first column is the sum of all scores
The second column is the number of people who have read the series and given points
The third column is the average rating from ALL the people, including those who have not read it. (First column divided by number of participants)
The fourth column is the average rating from those people who have read the series. (First column divided by the second column)
Bear in mind that the following “ranking” is for issue 49. The one where there was no One Piece. The Japanese are getting their WSJ on Monday (5 days AFTER we get the Edited Mangas) and the ranking process is 1 week long until the next WSJ comes out. By the way, the numbers of participants for Issue 48 were 88 people
Issue 49:
Number of participants: 91
Absent series: One Piece
I’m thinking of posting those regularly, because I find it interesting what our counterparts on 2chan are thinking about the “ToC” ranking. I find this thread appropriate for it but if the mods don’t think so, I can open a new thread for it. I thought about opening a new thread for it where our forum can do the same but there are two problems:
1)It was already done once and the participation was really really low
2)Not all series get Edited Manga and some Edited Mangas are weeks late
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
Knowing what 2ch thinks would be pretty interesting because they're older than the average reader of WSJ and tend to be pretty cynical. Regardless of that message board's reputation, their unofficial rankings should provide some food for thought.
Sket Dance and Medaka having color is good. Although I wish Akira Akatsuki had done a little bit more with his but oh well.
I'm good with One Piece, Toriko, and Bakuman in the top 5. Actually, I'm even good with Reborn in it as well. The Arcobaleno arc has been entertaining and better than that last atrocious arc was.
Bleach is low but no surprises there. Boring arc is still boring even with the Shinigami back in it. I find myself just wanting it to end already since it largely felt like a massive waste of time.
Sad to see Magico and Harisugawa at the bottom 3. Once ST&RS dies those two will probably slug it out. I'm not too surprised by Beelzebub's struggles as of late. I haven't been impressed with the series for a while now.
I;m curious as to what it could be, but it'll probably be something obvious(part of me hopes for fighting game, just because of how over the top it could be). Kind of nice to see it get so much recognition after struggling so long to get popular, but now that it is I guess JUMP plans to milk the NisiOshin name for all it's worth.
Oh? If this is set in the New World it has my interest. Especially if it isn't just a movie I can feel free to ignore like I did with some of the other ones.
I'm curious about what the plot and setting for this is. I love his art but definitely hope his story telling has improved over the last one shot of his that I read.
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
The colour page released by Murata is only a portion of the colour page and is not the full thing. I can't wait to see the whole colour page and I really hope that they decide to run the oneshot in Shounen Jump
January 4th Jump Comic Releases
(Possibility of this not being the final list exists, final list will be confirmed on December 2nd)
Gintama #43 Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! #37 Bakuman #16 ST&RS #2 Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa #1
As a frequent Amazon viewer, Kagami no Kuni has ranked higher in its first day up than Magico vol.3 and Kurogane vol.1 ever, which have been listed on Amazon for about month and come out on sale a month before Kagami.
I hope Kagami has a really good cover considering the volume is a bit late, can't wait to purchase it and Nisekoi when it comes on sale
Logic does not work here. Obviously we got our raws from the Japanese people, so some of them got their WSJ 6 days earlier than everybody? (i am assuming they are subscribers). Why's the 6 days gap? they are like begging for people to search for raws/spoilers on the net before buying the hardcopy, and nudge people seeking internet fame to post raws/spoiler.
the system is... very funny.
Logic does not work here. Obviously we got our raws from the Japanese people, so some of them got their WSJ 6 days earlier than everybody? (i am assuming they are subscribers). Why's the 6 days gap? they are like begging for people to search for raws/spoilers on the net before buying the hardcopy, and nudge people seeking internet fame to post raws/spoiler.
the system is... very funny.
Jump goes to press on Tuesday and is delivered to stores on Friday. That applies to international stores as well, whether Chinese or American. Stores are not supposed to sell until Monday but will frequently let regular customers buy early. That is why Jump Edited Mangas started coming out on Thursday/Friday in the days before Mangastream. I am not sure of how Mangastream gets raws so early though. Copies are printed by then, the finished product has circulated around Shueisha's offices by then. It is possible their raw providor has some connection that allows them to get a copy before the issue is shipped. That is why we have always received new spoilers early in the week, Ohana and the other spoiler providors see copies right after they have printed. I may not be right, but that is my best guess. The only other possibility that I can think of is that copies are shipped early to China, and intercepted there.
From what I understand subscription rates in Japan are very low. Most readers just buy the new issue during the morning commute.
That is why we have always received new spoilers early in the week, Ohana and the other spoiler providors see copies right after they have printed. I may not be right, but that is my best guess. The only other possibility that I can think of is that copies are shipped early to China, and intercepted there.
From what I understand subscription rates in Japan are very low. Most readers just buy the new issue during the morning commute.
From ohana's and T's comments over at 2ch we know that they both buy WSJ from stores. Most recently, T said that the stores selling early were told not to, but his store still sells to reliable customers (and ohana also commented that her brother was running to the store to pick the mag up for her).
My guess is that they ship the magazine on Tuesdays or maybe even Mondays so that even the stores at not easily accessible places can get it on time, but who knows.
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
aaand harisugawa falls...ya good thing i didnt start it but i feel bad for the fans oh well maybe its just this week. surprised to see reborn so low since its been ranking good since the shimon arc ended. also surprised to see hxh finally out of the bottom five which is great. aside from those no surpises.
Shounen Jump Issue #51 TOC Kochikame (Lead CP, Cover)
One Piece
Naruto
Bakuman
Toriko Bleach (Center Colour)
Pakki
Nisekoi
Inumaru Dashi
Gintama
Kuroko no Basket Kurogane (Center Colour)
Magico
Sket Dance
Medaka Box
Hunter x Hunter
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!
ST&RS
Beelzebub
Nurarihyon no Mago
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
Next Issue, Shounen Jump Issue #1 Information Lead CP: Bakuman Center Colour: Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, Nurarihyon no Mago, Kochikame
---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------
Weekly Shounen Jump 2011 Statistics
New Series: 10
Cancelled Series: 7
Naturally Ending Series: 0
2011 Lead CP’s
Compulsory New Series – 10
One Piece – 7
Toriko - 6
Naruto – 5
Bleach – 3
Sket Dance – 3
Kochikame - 3
Bakuman - 2
Gintama – 2
Beelzebub - 2
Kuroko no Basket - 1
Enigma - 1
Hunter X Hunter – 1
Medaka Box – 1
Inumaru Dashi - 0
Nurarihyon no Mago – 0
Hitman Reborn! – 0
2011 Center Colour’s
One Shot - 26
Kochikame - 12
Compulsory New Series – 10
Beelzebub - 9
Bleach – 8
Gintama - 7
Bakuman – 6
Hitman Reborn! – 6
Nurarihyon no Mago – 6
Medaka Box – 6
Enigma - 5
Sket Dance – 5
Kuroko no Basket - 4
Magico - 4
ST&RS - 2
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa - 2
Toriko – 2
Inumaru Dashi - 2
Kurogane - 2
Hunter X Hunter – 1
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami - 1
One Piece & Naruto – 0
2011 Series Absences
Hunter X Hunter – 31
One Piece – 5
Naruto - 1
Bleach – 1
Toriko - 1
Inumaru Dashi - 1
Bakuman – 1
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
Packy just started right?
I excited to see how much "color" kubo will use(what waste giving the man a page to color).
Bakuman is doing well,its good toc overall (naruto is bit too high).
Edit:Packy already started while back,hmm didnt notice.
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2
It's interesting that Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa gets a CP next week. This either means it recovers from the bottom and does fairly well or Jump WANTS it to survive like Kuroko.
I’m also starting to worry about Beelzebub. This is the fifth week straight that it is in the bottom 5. It may not be in danger of cancellation in the near future but it’s not in a good postion either.
Lol I thought the exact same thing, but I guess the reason why he gets so many CP is BECAUSE he puts barely any color in them and therefore does them fast. I mean look at the Manga with the most CP. I don’t think Mangaka even like to do CP. I mean it is already hard enough to do 17-19 pages a week without CP which are really time consuming if you do them right.
I have seen Kubo doing a Ichigo portrait in color in a very short amount of time. Does anyone have the Link to it?
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.