Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I think I'll be the first to ask, is there any info to what happened to Bleach? Some event or is kubo doing it as a start of a new arc or is he sick?
Maybe I'll get my answers when the chapter is released.
Kubo takes a couple of weeks of inbetween Arcs. This chapter will also be the the last chapter of volume 54, and Kubo is a very punctual when it comes to ending an arc at the end of volume and starting a new arc at the beginning of a new volume.

The chapter of Bleach this week will most likely be the final chapter of the Fullbring Arc.
 
Last edited:

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

*sigh* I wish, that Kubus should finished the Manga with the previous arc. This acutally arc is ridiculous and not very important arc >.>
 

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Read bleach spoilers pretty promising since where back to covering the captains and characters we actually care aboutXD It's what Kubo should have done all along cover what was up with the remaining captain spots vizards exct tie up all the loose ends.. Then have Ichigo back in SS to restore his powers for a bigger threat. Royal realm here we come fingers crossed!

Good to see Kurogane still doing so we'll Kendo is big in japan and a lot of students have school competitions and stuff figure that has something to do with it besides bamboo blade it's really a sport that hasnt been covered much in manga.

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

992 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2012/01/11(水) 19:05:03.60 ID:N89q1gMEP
8号もブリーチあるよ。
Issue #8 will also feature Bleach.

3週連続でブリーチの謎を追及 って書いてあるから休載ではないでしょ。
It says: "Pursuing Bleach's mystery for 3 weeks" so it's probably not a break.
第1弾は作品に秘められた裏テーマや失われた17か月の護廷十三番隊に迫る!
The first part: closing in on the manga's hidden theme and on the 17 lost months of the Gotei 13!
だってさ
That's what it says.
So no 3 week break looks like
 

Zangetsu01

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
118
Reaction score
749
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

@ Bleach


Not all of us read japanese Zanlol whats it say going to be a break or mini arc
I don't read Japanese too (there's plenty of good translators here^^)

But, I'm sure it confirm that Bleach will be on Break
 
Last edited:

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Not all of us read japanese Zanlol whats it say going to be a break or mini arc

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

@ Bleach



I don't read Japanese too (there's plenty of good translators here^^)

But, I'm sure it confirm that Bleach will be on Break

Oh sorry my badlol I just assumed you did since your always posting spoilers/pics and stuff just how the heck you manage to navigate 2ch then I cant figure it out at allLOL
 

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Thanks after_dark so i guess covering what happened in SS during time skip going to lead to something bigger
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Kinda sad seeing Nura at the bottom, but at least now we have total confirmation that Togashi will be wirting HXH consistently for a good while. Also nice to see Bleach going on break. Hopefully Kubo will use that time to write a better arc...
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I can't see the image - not sure why, but okay, I'll trust those that say that Bleach is going on a 3 week break, lol. It's an appropriate juncture with the end of the Fullbring arc. I'm really hoping that whatever comes next will make me regain some faith in Bleach as to be honest I didn't really enjoy this arc very much.

Anyway, great to see Toriko in second once again :tem It's also been a few weeks since Mago was at dead last, since ST&RS has been providing a cushion a few weeks in a row. Either way, I guess it's not likely that ST&RS will be lasting much longer...
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Bleach is fifth! Yay! Bleach going on a three week!? NOOOOOO.!!!! Well collect that data Kubo and come back stronger. Come on son! Why is Mago at the bottom. The story has been so good. It sucks I tell you.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Why is Mago at the bottom. The story has been so good. It sucks I tell you.
Shibuya arc wasn't very much interesting as a first part of Kyoto arc. So, it is not interesting to see Mago drops to last place. But, since new arc going to start, you should hope Shiibashi to do a good job again.

If not, then I think Mago will become a second Stone Ocean.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Mago ranks low no matter what the arc. It ranked high as a new series and at the beginning of the Kyoto arc, that's it. Mago has ranked low for so long that Jump readers are not punishing Shiibashi for a single arc but actually don't like Mago. Clearly someone does, the books continue to sell. Sadly this silent majority does not read Weekly Jump, or at least they do not return post cards. But at this point I think we can all agree that the next arc is unlikely to salvage Mago's rankings. Maybe yes but more likely no.

An otherwise uninteresting TOC. Nisekoi is unranked due to color eliminating either it's first or second ranking, depending on who believes rankings start when.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Shibuya arc wasn't very much interesting as a first part of Kyoto arc. So, it is not interesting to see Mago drops to last place. But, since new arc going to start, you should hope Shiibashi to do a good job again.

If not, then I think Mago will become a second Stone Ocean.
I hope Shiibashi next arc is as good or better than the Kyoto arc. Yes the Shibuya arc was that interesting but I liked it though.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

A new year, so let's welcome a new arc for Bleach! :D
I hope I can stay positive until Kubo decided to do...stuff..again.

I think mago fans are mostly the ladies or the girls, I've heard that majority of the people that buy volume are girls
or people who are older, or way older. That makes sense because Mago is pretty dark and can drift off to seinen if the author wants it too.
Also, mago's overall plot isn't really strong in the shounen department. Imo I think the author can't really write characters as well as other series.

Beel and toriko deserves their spots although it wouldn't hurt for Beel to be a little higher.
I'm sure Beel's position will come crashing down soon enough because of the latest move made by the author.
Reborn's position...I don't know, its like a yo-yo. I used to think that reborn is only second to toriko and naruto,
that opinion changed drastically over the years. Now, I'm one of those that says reborn deserves its current placing.
 

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

So thrilled about HxH continuing indefinitely... especially as, arguably, the manga has never been better.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

One Piece and Toriko in 1st and 2nd place? That's my kind of ranking.
 

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Isn't Gintama in the second place? IMO Gintama >> all (besides Hunter x Hunter).
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Manga with color pages aren't included in the ranking, as they are deliberately placed there for the print and highlighting.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

it has the cover but I'm not sure it has a color page, I don't know how it works in that case
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top