Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

i thought you're safe as long as you sell around 500,000 per volume? that's what's in bakuman, right?

hxh is never gonna get cancelled, what with the sales it gets.
In Bakuman, they said if a series sells around 120,000 per volume then its safe. 500,000 is a huge number. HxH is never going to get cancelled, even if the author goes on more hiatuses. If it hasn't happened to DGM (which is newer and no way as popular as HxH), it'll definitely not happen to HXH.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

There have been many series that have sold over 500,000 copies per volume and have been cancelled.

- Rookies (also due to Author's health problems)
- Shaman King
- Jigoku Sensei Nube
- Saint Seiya
- Toilet Hakase
- Kimagure Orange Road
- City Hunter

But HunterxHunter is a special case and will never be cancelled.....ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Author of Kurogane said in the comment section this week that he has caught a cold.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

- Shaman King
- Jigoku Sensei Nube
- Saint Seiya
- Toilet Hakase
- Kimagure Orange Road
- City Hunter
Are there any theories flying around of the reason for canceling? shaman king continued and reversed the last chapters so i think it wasn't because sheisha saw no potential in it anymore. the other are unknown for me or i just didn't read them.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

@Heiji:
To be fair Saint Seiya was meant to have a final arc (Zeus arc) so you could say it was cancelled, JUMP didn't let Kurumada do the final arc, apparently because of the anime ending and declining sale of Saint Seiya figures and they wanted Kurumada to focus on making a new hit..
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I've been a little out of touch with Jump for a while. Can someone tell me if the new series are available in English yet? I'd really like to read HQ and Pajama Girl to get an idea of what they're like.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I've been a little out of touch with Jump for a while. Can someone tell me if the new series are available in English yet? I'd really like to read HQ and Pajama Girl to get an idea of what they're like.
Pajama na Kanojo Ch. 1-3
 
Last edited:

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

@Template:
I was trying to reply to Heiji's post, it said the Prince of tennis season 3 volume 3 was scheduled to be released next month, while it hasn't been released.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

So soon!? I mean yeah the manga has been around since 1998, but the new anime is still very new. Awesome news though :)!
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

So soon!? I mean yeah the manga has been around since 1998, but the new anime is still very new.
If Togashi has been serializing properly, Hunter x Hunter already has gotten a movie-adaptation by now.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Come to think of it, I think it is actually a 14th year anniversary for Hunter x Hunter (it started Issue 14 of 1998); so, I feel like a movie-adaptation is for celebrating its 14th year serialization.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It would make more sense if it were due to it being the 15th year anniversary seeing as anniversaries tend to go by multiples of 5. But hey, I'm not complaining. I'd love a movie!
 

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I hope Togashi wrote the story for the first HxH movie, because that would be more aweseooomer^^
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It wouldn't be HxH, if he doesn't give some input to the plot. I can see other series living with a non mangaka written plot, but not Togashis work.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

OFF-TOPIC
Ey Heiji, I know next to nothing about french but I like to buy volumes in other languages, especially if there are kanzenbans. So, I heard that Hikaru No Go Kanzenban is gonna be released over there, right? But is it true its going to cost 15.50 Euros?!!
Maybe it was a Press release mistake but every site I visit says is 15.50 Euros which seem strange because the same publisher (Tonkam) did I´s Kanzenban for 12.50 Euros..

ON-TOPIC
Togashi should have joined Oda and Tite in being involved with the movie adaptation of its intelectual property..
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Just read the first chapter of Haikyu!! and I actually really liked it. Of course I also really liked Yotsuya -_-;
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Involvement doesn't mean they will be much better though. B:Hellverse was fine at best, most movies are sadly average at best. Don't want to discuss it any further in the WSJ thread or at all. :P

I would rather read the first version of HNG for 1-6€ instead of paying those insane prices.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top