Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

There is another version on Jnext :gwah? Do they have the same setting or compeletely different?
The main protagonists are same, but the relationship is different. Jump version is forcused on normal teenage boy and popular female idol; in Next! version, the female protagonist is a step-sister of the male protagonist.
 

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

The end of Bakuman seems logical and obvious, he could not keep still, now the story was over ...
I don't like the color of this year with all jump's characters
it's a good thing that megico has a color page,i have great hopes
of three new, another romcom that will replace nisekoi (for me it's going too fast), PSI was now that it was serialized, but given the poor results of the volume with OS inside, I think it will not last much, and thinking to the author i guess it's a GAG manga

However, why it was not serialized hungry joker?
 

Kizo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
59
Reaction score
26
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I can't say I understand the confusion over Hungry Joker. No disrespect to anyone who liked it, but I found its story painfully average and its art subpar. I'm excited to read Horikoshi's new series; I hope it gets more consistent Edited Mangas than Oumagadoki, which I greatly enjoyed.

I love the Jump cover. As always with these all-protagonist covers, I love the subtle touches, like Gintoki spraying the poison mist and Kuroko quietly hoping for a tag.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Weekly Shonen Jump #21-22 cover



Thanks Ishuhui.
I wish Kishimoto would put this much effort into coloring more often.
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Kouhei Horikoshi's doing a new series?!? :D I'm SO excited!! I absolutely loved Oumagadoki!♥ I'm very much looking forward to it~ :3
I was actually just thinking recently how I was hoping he/she would do another series ^^
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I was actually just thinking recently how I was hoping he/she would do another series ^^
Horikoshi is a male mangaka.
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Happy that Bleach is #7 right now. :D I expect Naruto to start going down in rankings unless the events in the manga were well received.
Itachi and Sasuke meeting up again and a flashback chapter which was pretty boring IMO.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

On contrary, I think. Uchiha brothers have a large fandom, so you must expect Naruto getting first places.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Another romcom and Nisekoi gets his worst rank so far. I'm pissed, right now Jump needs good detective story or a dark story or a slice of life, not new gag manga (PSI) or new romcom.
Am a fan of good detective stories so that sounds nice but I rather a great thriller/horror story that fits JUMP's standards.
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Wow, Horikoshi's coming back!! I'm excited. He's a mangaka with lots of potential. Hoping for his success and the series be scanlated...

And that cover looks good. :D
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Jump Issue #23 Information Update
Center Colour:
- Kuroko no Basket
- Magico
- Kurogane
<--
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I've sent all five volumes of Omagadoki flying from Japan to Germany, so...well...I hope Horikoshi's worked hard on this new story, because his art is already great! Really looking forward to the manga, I hope his mangas will be published in other countrys
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Does anybody no where I can find the oneshot for PSI Kusuo Saiki?
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Was four oneshots actually IIRC ^^ Not sure if they were scanned or translated though.
 

dagnel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
73
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I've sent all five volumes of Omagadoki flying from Japan to Germany, so...well...I hope Horikoshi's worked hard on this new story, because his art is already great! Really looking forward to the manga, I hope his mangas will be published in other countrys
I loved it as well. Currently Oumagadoki Doubutsuen is published in Italy and I've already bought it :) though the publisher changed the title in "Crazy Zoo". TT__TT
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

though the publisher changed the title in "Crazy Zoo". TT__TT
That's a horrible name:cookiestare
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

But easy to remember countrary to the original title
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Issue 23 Preview:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top