Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
mirror to go! suprised by kuroko, even without most of the series is pretty high, above bakuman and medaka. It's painful for st&rs, not that i care but i was interested in what will happen after the acedemy, because thats something i can't think of. a battle manga against aliens? ^^

now it's safe to assume that enigma will have enough pillows. kurogane will be the next one to be axed. if so enigma goes the same path as medaka. near axed but saved by enough other canceld series.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
WOW! Definitely surprised that ST&Rs dropped to dad last, didn't see that coming. Hope it's just a one time thing. Well at least Magico is moved out from the last position (in the bottom though). Bakuman in 8th, what happened there? Even Reborn beat it in the rankings this week (inside yay!) Harisugawa remains in fourth and look at Kuroko in 3rd. Nice!
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Interesting ToC, mostly because of the performance of Harusegawa and moreso of the sudden boost for Kuroko. Otherwise, not really too much to say other than...well, I sort of hope Oda starts moving a bit with this current arc and get to the climax (well he is but...) but considering where Naruto was 8 weeks ago, this rank probably makes more sense than it seems.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Yay for Naruto. Seems people noticed two months ago chapters started to be really good again.

And noo for STARS :crying When is there going to be another universe-themed manga? :S I just don't see it getting higher up after hitting rock bottom.I did not expect it tho. I really hoped there'll be at least 30 chapters.

Bakuman is doing bad, and I guess we know why is that. It just isn't the same it used to be, and people over there noticed it. Well, maybe now Ohba will remember a heroine called Azuki Miho?:eyeroll
 

DidCart

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
113
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This can't be right... Kuroko no Baket on TOP 3... ST&RS dropping to last place... something is not right in this...
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Uh..wow..ST&RS? I did not see this coming....and magico is dead.
and engima is still not climbing back. I'm still hopeful tho..
and nura :crying

Let's hope mirror stays there :s and beelzebub being so low to the bottom 5..even thought it have been really good.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ouch,ST&RS hit rock bottom.Must've hurt.
And wow!Where did Kuroko come frome?I almost forgot about it.
As for Harisugawa,I'm really happy to see it this high.Let's hope it'll remain there.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
ハンタは帰宅してから
とりあえず次週から休載

HXH just returned, but it looks like it will be on break for a while starting with the next issue.

lol.

(Dunno how true it is though.)
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jump #42 (26/09):
Hunter x Hunter (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Naruto
One Piece
Kuroko no Basket
Harisugawa in Mirror world
Bleach (Color Page)
Toriko
Kurogane
Gintama (Color Page)
Reborn!
PSI Kusuo Saiki (One-shot)
Medaka Box
Bakuman
Sket Dance (Color Page)
Beelzebub
Nurarihyon no Mago
Inumaru Dashi
Kochikame
Enigma
Magico
ST&RS

#43:
Lead Color: Kuroko no Basket
CP: Reborn, Medaka Box, Kochikame
Really disappointed about ST&RS, didn't thought it would actually hit rock bottom this soon :oh looks like Enigma will be at least saved for a while thanks to Magico.

Rest is fine with me, Mago out of bottom five is actually a great thing nowadays. Naruto being first was to be expected, as Itachi finally appeared back on the spotlight.

And yay for yet another Medaka color page :yay
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
657 名前:ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E [sage] 投稿日:2011/09/21(水) 20:31:25.26 ID:DV0Uz5+NP
>>652
よそのスレでもう言ったけど
黒子は重大発表
あと表紙も黒子
It looks like Kuroko is also getting cover and important announcement.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It looks like Kuroko is also getting cover and important announcement.
Negative, I can't get on 2ch so I wanted to make sure...does the HXH being on break thing sound legitimate? (There are like thirty different spoilers so It's really hard to tell what is true and what isn't.)
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Chapter 04 of ST&RS wasn't very exciting, just introducting a new character, the next "Moon" chapters should push it up again.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Negative, I can't get on 2ch so I wanted to make sure...does the HXH being on break thing sound legitimate? (There are like thirty different spoilers so It's really hard to tell what is true and what isn't.)
Yeah, I did find the source where you found it. Based on reaction from 2ch, people are not talking about HXH's break(?). So maybe it is false information, but we never know until this week's chapter is released.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yeah, I did find the source where you found it. Based on reaction from 2ch, people are not talking about HXH's break(?). So maybe it is false information, but we never know until this week's chapter is released.
Gotcha. It's really hard to tell what's actually going on in the chapter since there are so many different spoilers too. Maybe I shouldn't translate anything until the chapter comes out....

Thanks for replying to fast.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Slightly off topic: News on the typhoon.

*groan* it's that bad?? crap, we're gonna have pretty late releases then.... (hopefully it won't be too late.) Well, let's all hope for the best for the people over there including the raw providers.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kuroko pulled off one hell of a leapfrog. I don't know if the scans finally caught up to the current chapters but I'm still way behind the scans that actually are out. Last I left off things seemed to be getting better though. But still, 3rd place? Bravo. And it is getting the cover next week? Perhaps it is finally getting its anime. Sure enough it has enough chapters and sales for one.

Harusigawa is still enjoying some early success. Lets see how long that lasts. Toriko has been locked into 5th place for the past few weeks. Medaka is still holding down the middle spot which is great to see. It is clear that no one misses Zenkichi one bit over the last 3-4 months. But hooray we get another color page so soon. Too bad it probably won't top how awesome the last one was with the popularity poll lol.

I'm not surprised by Bakuman's fall. It became clear to me like a year ago that the whole thing now just feels like a bunch of stalling and rehashing of previous plots to probably milk what they can out of the series. PCP is pretty much a filler manga like Tanto was now only they actually like making this one. It still won't get them any closer to getting an anime. I still look forward to reading it every week but they need to get on with it already. Also where the hell is Azuki?

From the top to the bottom. Talk about one hell of a crash. I wasn't expecting St&rs to get in last. Although that helps out the people who want Magico and Enigma to live. Although I still think Magico itself will probably be a goner before the end of this year unless all of the new series going forward are fodder. As for Mago, I don't know whats up but it just looks like it will be a fixture in the lower half of the ToC now. I don't know if it has already hit its peak ranking wise but with its anime already still airing I don't know what else it can do to rise more. But who knows, Kuroko managed to come out of nowhere this week.
 
Last edited:

ick

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
51
Reaction score
19
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I do not understand why people love St&rs so much. Ok it's a wave of freshness in the Shonen Jump, but it's not so good if compared to other sci-fi series.
Really, try to read something like Uchu Kyodai (here in Italy i was able to read up to volume 9), it's waaaaay better than St&rs.

The only thing that I really like in St&rs is art, it reminds me of Yas.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I do not understand why people love St&rs so much. Ok it's a wave of freshness in the Shonen Jump, but it's not so good if compared to other sci-fi series.
Really, try to read something like Uchu Kyodai (here in Italy i was able to read up to volume 9), it's waaaaay better than St&rs.

The only thing that I really like in St&rs is art, it reminds me of Yas.
Maybe because both of them target at different audience. Uchuu Kyoudai is focus on more mature audience, so they focus more on realistic and plot. St&rs is for teenage boys, and most of these audience needs some kind of mainstream, not mature story.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Exactly why I knew St&rs was gonna fail.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top