Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Mago so low is pretty depressing and worrying even if the fact that a new arc has started should mean that it's fairly safe, at least for now. I hope Enigma survives this rough patch as well. Ikkyuu is surprisingly high... I wonder if it'll survive or if it'll form part of the bottom buffer eventually.

Toriko is number one! Does that mean Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro can now choose any manga he wants and end it? (kidding.)
No, he needs to do that for 10 weeks running first :derp
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I don't quite understand this Toc, at least the first 3 positions, cuz IMO it is totally upside down :lmao
I think that though Toriko was in the end of an arc, i don't think the chapter was good enough to beat the revelations that happened in both Naruto and One Piece.
 

NANAhashi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 3, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
This graph provides the bit more clear picture for veteran series,
, it omitted OP, though.

Also, If Naruto keep its position continuously slip down, even a bit, like this, Kishi might bring back Sasuke to the stage. Come on, he has not appeared for almost 2 years. And iirc, his battle with Danzou chaps were ranked even on par or sometime, better than OP's war arc. ><

Also, I can say that I'm pretty bored with Naruto at the moment, sry fan.

No offense to fans but I am rooting against Magico. I would rather Magico get canceled than Ikkyuu or St&rs.
OMG, I thought I'm the only one whom is not quite appreciated with Magico. ;)
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Toriko manages to take the top spot over One Piece and Naruto. Very nice feat. OP and Toriko seem to be switching off between the top 2 spots as of late and that is great in my book.

I don't really care for any of the series in the middle of the ToC this week.

It is crunch time for Medaka as far as I'm concerned. If it messes around in the bottom 5 too much with the circumstances like this it won't be pretty at all. Nishio looking like he was finally doing a bigger arc on top on top of it only to fall now would be disappointing.

Kuroko could go imo but being the only sports series will probably give it more immunity than it deserves. Reborn can leave now as far as I'm concerned. At this point it has overstayed its welcome. I can't really say what will happen to Enigma. As long as it sticks to the middle of the ToC it would be fine but more routine trips to the bottom 5 wouldn't bode well for it. At this point I'm willing to let Mago go as well but with its anime running it should be fine at least until it ends.

With One Piece absent and Naruto having color, the top spot will probably go to Toriko or Bakuman.
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Toriko on first place is always nice!

Beelzebub on fourth again is good. (Really wondering why it did so bad last week?!)

Magico in the middle is also comforting.

Enigma's ranking are not good though. Really hope it at least could do 1 or 2 arcs more.

REALLY looking forward to HxH now :D
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
About those who said Bleach doesn't deserve a color this week: it's the 10th anniversary, so humor it. Most of the time there is a color page for the anniversary...sure for a while some series weren't getting it (and I think it may still be happening) but at least it is a reward.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Actually, i believe other people besides me have been wondering when Bleach would get something for the 10 years.
I don't know what month Bleach started, but once in a while people were asking what WSJ would do for Bleach after doing things for OP and Kochikame (still gonna happen in this case, right?).
 

Tulkas

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
26
Reaction score
11
Age
106
Gender
Male
Country
Seborga
This graph provides the bit more clear picture for veteran series,
If you can read japanese, translate it pls. it takes more time to check the TOC/kanjis for me(and most of the other users), than for you to translate it.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
If you can read japanese, translate it pls. it takes more time to check the TOC/kanjis for me(and most of the other users), than for you to translate it.
From top to bottom [on the right side]:

Toriko (pink)
Naruto (blue)
Gintama (gray)
Beelzebub (red)
Bakuman. (brownish darker red)
Sket Dance (black)
Medaka Box (purple)
Katekyou Hitman REBORN! (yellow)
Bleach (orange)
Kuroko no Basuke (lilac)
Nurarihyon no Mago (dark blue)
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And I should read ST&RS if it's really so good.
You should. The first chapter was really good.

Actually, i believe other people besides me have been wondering when Bleach would get something for the 10 years.
I don't know what month Bleach started, but once in a while people were asking what WSJ would do for Bleach after doing things for OP and Kochikame (still gonna happen in this case, right?).
Bleach started in August of 2001. Kind of early but another Cover or CP should be on its way for the official date of the 10 year anniversary.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Toriko (pink)
Naruto (blue)
Gintama (gray)
Beelzebub (red)
Bakuman. (brownish darker red)
Sket Dance (black)
Medaka Box (purple)
Katekyou Hitman REBORN! (yellow)
Bleach (orange)
Kuroko no Basuke (lilac)
Nurarihyon no Mago (dark blue)
Looking at Bleach, you can definitely tell that it plummeted.

Toriko's growth is very impressive.

Nura looks like it plummeted as well. Ouch.

Medaka. Wow, look at those mountains! It sure does love to yo-yo.

Naruto. Sket. Gintama. Bakuman. They're all impressive.
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
If you want mountains, look at Kuroko no Basuke, Not Medaka!! XD basuke's the dark purple and medaka is the light one, compare the two and the difference is clear :)
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Naruto has been pretty consistent - regardless of the fact that it's "regressed" overall, being able to maintain almost a straight line at the very top is still a feat. Bleach on the other hand... Well, it's obvious that it's going south. Toriko's improvement is impressive, and Sket is another one that's been steadily on the rise. It's a pity that Mago used to pretty consistently be in the top half of the graph but is now more often than not at the bottom :(
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Just finished chapter 1 of ST&RS and for me it's way more interessting than any of the other new series. Magico and Ikkyu where the only ones that where good at first, but compared to the first chapter of ST&RS, in my opinion they don't stand a chance. Ikkyu became boring and predictable and when I read magico now it doesn't have the same "air" around it like in the first...7 chapters or so. I'm not saying they're not good mangas, and I still have to read the new one, Harisugawa, but in my (!) opinion ST&RS is the most interessting one of the new series and the one that could go on for a while if both the mangakas continue with the same spirit they had when they worked on chapter 1. (But maybe it's better to wait for a few more chapters...still- chapter 1 is really good.)
 

Steffan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Steffan said:
Hi,

I have a question.
Does anyone here who reads Jump know the results of the 47th Treasure Award?

Reason I'm asking is because I entered the contest myself and I don't know if Shueisha bothers contacting people personally. (whether they win a prize or not)
Honestly I don't expect to have won anything, but I put a lot of time into making it so I want to be 100% sure.

The results are supposed to be "early july", so they might already have been published.

If anyone could check for me, that'd be great!
I dont think they know the results already but if they come out , the people out here should know :P Oh and good luck , would like to read it XD , do you have a deviant acount of some sort ?
Thanks. :)

I do have a DeviantART account, I'll PM it to you.
I noticed that the results of the 46th contest that were supposed to be announced early June, were announced on June 21st, so I suppose they'll release the results around the same time this month as well.

If anyone has any more info on this, that'd be great!
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Just read ST&ARS! It was simply amazing! One of the best pilot-chapters I've read in my whole life I think.

Story was good and interesting. The art was awesome, and I fell in love with the characters right away.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
not so sure about st&rs. i liked the chapter, but it wasn't so unpredictable at all. i mean what did you expect would happen? magico is quite boring now. the beginning was great with the love and everytime a new ritual thing, but now it is only fighting fighting.
 

BlaZin

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Messages
25
Reaction score
18
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks. :)

I do have a DeviantART account, I'll PM it to you.
I noticed that the results of the 46th contest that were supposed to be announced early June, were announced on June 21st, so I suppose they'll release the results around the same time this month as well.

If anyone has any more info on this, that'd be great!
Sorry I don't have any info on that either, but I'd really like to read it too! Could you pm me your info also?

Edit: lol I just realized its probably in japanese, which I can't read, but I'd still love to look at it!
 
Last edited:

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
This graph provides the bit more clear picture for veteran series,
ouch the image is gone...can someone re-upload it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top