Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosgmsousa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Sorry if this is off-topic but here it goes anyway (moderators feel free to delete this post)...

Could anyone post a list of the previous Golden Future Cup one-shots? I read somewhere that nuramago was one of the winners of a past edition of the competition.
 

WilliamK

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
113
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Disappointingly, I guess we have to wait to see their decision on either choosing Enigma or Magico, both have equal chance to me. Hopefully it won't be for awhile if Kochi Kame is ending naturally, which leaves 1 or 2 spaces open for a new manga (unsure if it's 1 or 2).
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Sorry if this is off-topic but here it goes anyway (moderators feel free to delete this post)...

Could anyone post a list of the previous Golden Future Cup one-shots? I read somewhere that nuramago was one of the winners of a past edition of the competition.
2004 Golden Future Cup #1
Winner - Takaya - Serialised
Runner up - Muhyo to Roji - Serialised
Kirihoushi was also Serialised

2005 Golden Future Cup #2
Nothing Serialised

2006 - Golden Future Cup is not held

2007 Golden Future Cup #3
Winner - Nurarihyon no Mago - Serialised
Runner up - Muddy - Serialised

2008 Golden Future Cup #4
Winner - Beelzebub - Serialised

2009 Golden Future Cup #5
Winner - Metallica Metalluca - Serialised

2010 Golden Future Cup #6
Winner - Hanasaku Ikkyuu - Serialised

2011 Golden Future Cup #7
Results will be published in a October Issue of Jump
 

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
190 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/09/07(水) 22:22:01.25 ID:hSp3RJYyP
表紙はスケット
巻頭スケット
ワンピ
ナルト
銀魂
バクマン
クロガネ C
トリコ
鏡の国
ねだか C
スターズ
ブリーチ
いぬまる C
ハンター
リボーン
ぬらり 23増
べるぜ
こち亀
黒子
マジコ
エニグマ

41号 バクマン巻頭
スターズ C
エニグマ C
べるぜ C
Jump #40 (12/09):
Sket Dance (Cover & Lead Color Page)
One Piece
Naruto
Gintama
Bakuman
Kurogane (Color Page, 25 pg.)
Toriko
Harisugawa in Mirror world
Medaka Box (Color Page, Results Popular Contest, 23 pg.)
ST&RS
Bleach
Inumaru Dashi (Color Page)
Hunter x Hunter
Reborn!
Nurarihyon no Mago (23 pag.)
Beelzebub
Kochikame
Kuroko no Basket
Magico
Enigma

#41:
Bakuman (Lead Color Page)
Beelzebub, ST&RS, Enigma (Color Page)
Kurogane (23 pg.)
 

carlosgmsousa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
So who do you think will win the Golden Future Cup this year and get serialised? I personally liked Hungry Joker for it's story and premise and Wolf x Red art style.

The others were a little bit meh...
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Looks like Harisugawa's first chapter went well. It even beat St&rs. Hopefully it lasts pretty long. It's a good series.
 

PaseR

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well, Mirror World have a nice debut...Even beat ST&RS...let's see if keeps the good position next week. ST&RS in a good position too.

Well, Bleach 8th...nothing more to say...Surprising to see Toriko so low compared to the others weeks.

And Naruto got second place again, yeah! :D
 

TheOddOne

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Realy nice Toc this week , top 5 same old thing , Has anyone noticed that beelzebub has had problems staying High ? , It's always Or low or very high ...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I don't think Kochikame will end. I think the comment is about the last volume for limited special edition will be printed on upcoming December. That means after December, the volume will return to normal edition.

Plus, if it said Kochikame's last volume will release on December, then that means the publishers plannint to release 4 or 5 volumes at once. And I don't think they'll do that.

For this week's ToC, looking at Enigma's getting color, then that means I don't think the publishers not planning to letting Enigma cancel. If they planned to axe Enigma, then I don't think they should give color to it.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Maybe they are giving Enigma one last chance before they cancel it. Honestly, I imagine either it or Magico is out next round, regardless of what colors they get in an attempt to make them popular again.

And that Kochi Kame thing has to be fake. I nearly flipped shit when I saw it and was like "How is this not bigger news?!!" Oh well...glad Mago is up, hope it stays that way. Stars still doing good which is awesomesauce. Also it gets another color next week :tem
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach is out of the bottom this week, hooray for that.:) Magico on the other hand still there. Harisugawa 6th for its first official ranking is not bad it even beat out ST&RS. Enigma last place again, it don't looks so good.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Kinda glad that Toriko is only 5th place this week, the latest chapters have been rather boring. 5-6 chapters just to get through the waterfall was meh and the end of the "arc" didn't impress too :/

I don't read Harisugawa but beating ST&RS second chapter is fine with me, looks like both of them are kinda equal in popularity. Still I hope ST&RS will survive, it was very enjoyable so far.

Rest is fine with me but I'm getting very worried about Enigma, it's in serious trouble @@ Jump should at least cancel the cliche Magico series before it and give the series a chance to rise.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
ST&RS is getting another color! That's good news, 10 chapters and three colors, it's not so usual. I hope it stays interesting and does well in the future as well.
Bleach is getting higher even without Deathberry, now I'm sure it'll gain it's popularity back. If I checked it right, then it was chapter 455. I guess people were reacting to Ichigo getting to bad-ass mode again (cutting off Tsuki's hand) and that time, Kubo's horror writing could impress readers as well. Post-Deathberry will have no problems, I bet.

I see Mirror doing good as well, I'll check the series.
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Pure Rankings for Issue #40:

01. One Piece (c630)
02. Naruto (c546)
03. Gintama (c360)
04. Bakuman (c139)
05. Toriko (c148)
06. Harisugawa in Mirror world (c01)
07. ST&RS (c02)
08. Bleach (455)
09. Reborn! (c343)
10. Nurarihyon no Mago (c161)
11. Beelzebub (c115)
12. Kuroko no Basket (c124)
13. Magico (c18)
14. Enigma (c40)

Sket Dance (c192) not ranked due to Cover&Lead Color Page
Medaka Box (c105), Inumaru Dashi (c138) not ranked due to having Color Pages
HunterxHunter and Kochikame are not considered ranked

8 weeks till ranked: Kurogane
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know that Bleach sadly will never stay in the bottom five but...I sort of hope it stays middling at least for the rest of it's run. That's enough to keep it going to please the fans but not strong enough to really challenge the series that deserve to be high for consistant quality. (or fan-wanking)

And the first Harisugawa...well, I say it probably has to do with a notable mangaka behind the helm but we'll see where it goes from here.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
ST&RS is getting another color! That's good news, 10 chapters and three colors, it's not so usual. I hope it stays interesting and does well in the future as well.
Bleach is getting higher even without Deathberry, now I'm sure it'll gain it's popularity back. If I checked it right, then it was chapter 455. I guess people were reacting to Ichigo getting to bad-ass mode again (cutting off Tsuki's hand) and that time, Kubo's horror writing could impress readers as well. Post-Deathberry will have no problems, I bet.

I see Mirror doing good as well, I'll check the series.
I think the constant training was a turn off for a lot of fans. If a little fighting was enough to get it back to the middle, I'm sure Deathberry will return Bleach to the top five.

Good to see more St&rs color, that seems like a vote of confidence from the publishers.
 

7sun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
47
Reaction score
3
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Woow Bleach ist out of bottom five, great.
And st&rs gets a color page again, good, hope it doing well in the future.
Enigma... I hope every week for the rescue. Perhaps the color page helps.
And finally Sket Dance has the cover! Really like it. :D
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Top 5 is very good! I'm also pleased with Toriko being 5th, as the latest chapters has been a little boring compared to earlier.

First ranking of Harisugawa is good. ST&RS ranking is pleasing as well!

Bleach is probably on a rise again, as it's back to "Ichigo-awesomeness". The three latest chapters will probably rank very high. It's sad to say, but I have enjoyed Bleach much more lately - Not saying that it's as good as it should be yet though.

Sad to see Magico and Enigma that low, especially the latter one. Magico probably failed so much with the fighting-only arc that it will get cancelled. Latest chapters has been much better again though. The train-arc in Enigma haven't really impressed me that much yet, but it's far away from bad either. Hoping for a jump in the TOC.

The saddest thing for me though, is Beelzebub's 11th place! It's not been as awesome as funny as usually lately, but it's still epic.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmm...I;m looking at the Oricon top 30 rankings for this week and apparently Magico vol 2 didn;t show up at all meaning there was a drop off from Vol 1. Could mean it;s at a higher risk of being on the chopping block than Enigma right now....
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, it looks like the new series haven't tanked just yet so Enigma and Magico really will have to battle it out for survival despite earlier wishes.

Bleach finally managed to drag its sorry self out of the bottom 5. The fun of seeing it where it belonged is over now I guess.

Good to see One Piece, Toriko, and Bakuman in the top 5 even though Toriko dropped a bit.

I'll be looking forward to the Sket and Medaka color pages when they come out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top