Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
^Is this because of the Tsunami??
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Oh, ok. Too bad we still don't have clear info about the impact of the Tsunami on the publishing issues.
 

BianchiChrome

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
111
Age
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Helllo! :amuse

I have heard that all the SWJ mangaka are alright. Is this the case? I am glad that they are going to try to get out an issue but it would be alright by me if they waited too.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I sort of hope they keep to their schedules, but the earthquake/tsunami/partial nuclear meltdown is of higher concern so we sort of need to be mindful of that the next few weeks.
 

Steffan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
This was posted on the Jump website:

"本日(3/14)以降に刊行予定でした週刊少年ジャンプおよび集英社の全雑誌は、全国的に発売が不確定の地区が多くございます。大変ご迷惑をおかけしますが、ご了承下さい。"

Google Translate isn't helping much, but I think it says publication of any Shueisha magazine (including Jump) is uncertain right now.
 

BianchiChrome

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
111
Age
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hello! :amuse

I thank you for this new information. If SWJ does come out this weekend it will be amazing to me. I think for all concerned they should take their time and put it out when they can. I think that with everything going on the fans can wait a little while for all of them to get somewhat back on their feet.
 

come come paradise

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
France
This doesn't mean that all the mangakas are necessarily all right, does it? Since they probably had this issue's chapters ready since before the earthquake. I kind of wish Shueisha would make some kind of announcement to confirm the safety of their staff so we can stop worrying, I'm not really concerned with getting Jump next week (or the weeks after, for that matter) by this point...
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
This was posted on the Jump website:

"本日(3/14)以降に刊行予定でした週刊少年ジャンプおよび集英社の全雑誌は、全国的に発売が不確定の地区が多くございます。大変ご迷惑をおかけしますが、ご了承下さい。"

Google Translate isn't helping much, but I think it says publication of any Shueisha magazine (including Jump) is uncertain right now.
I think translation is slightly different. It said that the Shueisha's magazines will be diffitult to distributed to every regions in Japan. So, I think the regions with major damages, like Sendai and Miyagi, will not be getting the magazines for awhile.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Guess JUMP is making their authors work, huh? I'm pretty sure it means that their authors are alive and more or less okay though.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
^I hope not. If they have relatives living in the affected areas, they should be given some time off to check up on their families.
 
  • Like
Reactions: R4n

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
JUMP should have enough chapters to continue publishing in case something suddenly comes up.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I don't mind WSJ go on hiatus if necessary.
and i am totally going to slap all immature people who throw a hissy fit about it...

I heard people usually write 2-3 chapters ahead of the week's publication.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Well, considering that chapter rankings are 8 chapters back, I 'd say they definitely have at least enough to release regularly for the next two weeks, maybe.

But, I'd be really surprised if they just resumed business as usual. o_O Even though Jump is a business, and business will contribute to the relief effort, its kind of a stretch when it concerns manga. (Maybe I'm being too soft?)
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I pretty sure they not doing 2-3 chapter ahead since they get the ranking a week later (the same raking we get to see only 8 weeks later). If you following Toriko and Naruto, lately the releasing sketches since they are not able to finish the chapter.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Let's direct all conversation about when/how WSJ will be distributed here please! :) Thanks a bunch.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
They are writing 2-3 chapters ahead. Oda-sensei mentioned it numerous times. So is Takahashi Rumiko.
 

•Sasuke•

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
869
Reaction score
7,307
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
591 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/03/15(火) 16:37:46.76 ID:QtO0lCtnP

ジャンプ表紙はワンピ&トリコ

巻頭ワンピ

ワンピ
銀魂
ナルト
スケット
ドイソル
トリコ C
戦国
バクマン
べるぜ
ブリーチ
マジコ
メルヘン
エニグマ
いぬまる
黒子
リボーン
こち亀
ぬらり
めだか
動物園
保健室

17号 トリコが巻頭
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Doesnt Bakuman have a color page this issue, too?


#16
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Gintama
Naruto
Sket
Dois Sol
Toriko (Cover, CP)
Sengoku Armors (23P)
Bakuman (CP)
Beelzebub
Bleach
Magico
Meruhen
Enigma
Inumaru Dashi
Kuroko no Basuke
Reborn
Kochi Kame
Nurarihyon no Mago
Medaka Box
Oumagadoki Zoo
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami

#17 lead CP will be Toriko
This week the rankings are also kinda skewed cuz of the new series and CPs... But nevertheless, it's obvious Mago is still in a spot, but Hokenshitsu takes the fall for Oumaga this week.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top