Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Nice cover and idea for that. Cool from SJ staff.

Question: does anybody know <or is known :p> where will the chapter with Naruto's poll results come? Thx in advance for reply.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Don't know if any particular chapter has been announced or anything, but usually the results come out 3 months later. So if you see that Naruto has a color page scheduled some time around there, that should be it :)
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
^ the second one from the left seems to be drawn by the Black Cat mangaka.
I wonder if Inoue or Urasawa-sensei are going to draw a cover for OP too. I will be happy to see one from them ^^
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Inoue-sensei would be awesome. I think the style he uses to draw Sakuragi being an idiot would suit OP just great (not sure the Vagabond style would work for OP :XD)!

Heiji-sama, are the 4 mangaka in the picture you showed the only 4 that are involved in this project?
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
Personally seeing Zoro drawn in Vagabond style will be very awesome. xD
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I could see Inoue-sensei making it work. He's awesome like that :XD It could actually turn out pretty epic... Luffy done Vagabond style would be pretty badass :tem But, it depends on what mood it's supposed to convey - Vagabond-style is more serious, whereas if the point is to make One Piece look like a super fun manga and all that so that anyone picking up any one of Shueisha's 34 magazines would feel inclined to check it out (and not be disappointed that the art and mood is totally different :p), Slam Dunk gag style would work much better :)
 

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
1,162
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Hmm I guess you guys just weren't around back then, but does nobody here remember the One Piece 10th Treasures? It was a special book and contained the Akira Toriyama and Eiichiro Oda Cross Epoch of Dragon Ball and One Piece, a bunch of color pages, tons of interviews, and epic drawings of OP characters by many different mangakas.

I still have the sloppy-cleaned images, the raw was incredibly dusty, but might as well share it with you all here, I don't think I put these up elsewhere before, xD.

Among them are drawings by Inoue, Amano, Kishimoto, Kubo, Obata, Shimabukuro, Toriyama, Hoshino, Murata, Sorachi, Konomi and a bunch of others... (would you know the most famous mangas of all these from the top of your head? It frightens me that I do, haha.)

Anyway, check them out:

Asou & Amano:

Itou & Inoue:

Usuta & Umezawa:

Ejiri & Obata:

Kaitani & Kajisa:

Kanou & Kishimoto:

Kubo & Konomi:

Sawai & Shimabukuro:

Suzuki & Sorachi:

Takahashi (Ichiro, not Kazuki or Rumiko, sadly) & Takei:

Tanaka & Tsunomaru:

Takuhiro & Toriyama (lame~):

Nishi & Fukushima:

Fujiko & Hoshino:

Katsunori Matsui & Yuusei Matsui:

Murata & Morita:

Yabuki & Watsuki:

Geez, this took way longer than I planned... but well-worth (re-)sharing imho :amuse
Credit for raw goes to either Kylara or Ulrilra, I really don't remember anymore, it's been years, but I guess you could still find the raw of the entire thing somewhere in the OP section, these were all the works from other mangakas though.
 
Last edited:

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Best to me are Akira Amano's and Katsura Hoshino's. But then, I'm pretty biased to their art style...
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Best to me are Akira Amano's and Katsura Hoshino's. But then, I'm pretty biased to their art style...
Yeah i loved Hoshino's one and she even put the "almighty" bunny in the scene!!! HAHAHA

Anyway, i was expecting her to draw One Piece in Jump Square cover since D.Gray-man has the best selling numbers in Jump SQ.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
I'm thrilled that you shared that zidane :tem I had completely forgotten that even happened.

Clearly Inoue's was amusing. It was almost funny seeing Luffy looking grownup and serious. Usuta's was hysterical! :XD Kaitani's was really good as well; still feels like One Piece even though it's a different art style.

Sawai's was funny (as expected), Sorachi's.....:rofl Tsunomaru's is classic Tsunomaru (as I prefer :XD), and Matsui's is just the bomb!

Love Murata's and, of course, I have to fangirl over Morita's. :fangirl and who can forget Watsuki? Epic as expected.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Thank you for (re)sharing the scans with us, zidane! I remember seeing these a few years ago, but I didn't read OP back then so I wasn't that interested . XD My favourites are Amano, Inoue, Kai, Obata and Watsuki's.

It's BLEACH's 10th anniversary this year so we might get another round of tributes in a few months.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hmm... wonder how Oda and Kishimoto's will be like. I'm most interested in seeing those 2. Kawashita would also be good.
 

soDeq05

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
976
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Little Info About Jump #9

One Piece (Lead CP)
Sket Dance (CP)
Enma Gavel (CP)
Medaka Box (CP)

Hokenshitsu no Shinigami 23 pages

Special:
ONE PIECE Premium paper craft!!
ONE PIECE Special post card!!
ONE PIECE Speaker & Mini autograph present!!
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Thanks zidane! Somehow I remembered Naruto had something like this too but I'd totally forgotten that One Piece did too. Like Asa said, Bleach might have something like this too this year, and that'll be cool and I'm looking forward to.

I like Obata's a lot. Nothing extravagant, but it looks really cool and fancy :) Love Watsuki's, Inoue's, Murata's and Hoshino's, and Shimabukuro sure chose an unusual character to draw - he's the only one who chose to draw a non-Strawhat! :amuse


Poster for the Toriko and One Piece 3D movies:


One Piece looks more like a game :s Komatsu looks more like a refugee kid with that skin colour :blink
 
Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So Toriko gets both a 3D movie and and an anime? Or is the movie in the anime list, I did not check it out much. >.>

Oh and I am sure that there will come a time when OP will set the bar to high that no one would be able to reach it when it comes to categories like sales and such i do believe that it is already sweeping the opponents but still it would continue to climb, think about ti, when s series such as OP gets near it's ending it would be even more hyped.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's not Komatsu that's an original character named... Peck I think. The Toriko movie seems to be a play off the original One-Shot based on the monsters in it. Sort of as an introduction to the anime.

Toriko's eyes look so messed up on all those posters, they're so small and thin... The trailer has them normal but the posters all look bad.
 
Last edited:

Zangetsu01

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
118
Reaction score
749
Gender
Male
Country
France
Jump #9 TOC, courtesy of Ohana @ 2ch

Ohana said:
573 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/01/26(水) 15:33:43 ID:5zXgdV8zP

ジャンプ表紙 ワンピ
ワンピ 巻頭
ナルト
トリコ
銀魂
バクマン
ブリーチ
べるぜ
スケット C
ENMA GAVEL C
エニグマ
こち亀
めだか
いぬまる
リボーン
ぬらり
動物園
黒子
保健室
ライトニング

次号10号 銀魂巻頭
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Jump #9
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
Naruto
Toriko
Gintama
Bakuman
Bleach
Beelzebub
Sket Dance (CP)
ENMA GAVEL (CP)
Enigma
Kochi Kame
Medaka Box (CP)
Inumaru Dash!
Reborn!
Nurarihyon no Mago
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
Kuroko no Basuke
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Light Wing

#10 - lead CP for Gintama
Ohana didn't say that Medaka had a CP this week, but unless the editors made another boo-boo, it should be a mistake on Ohana's part...

Other than that, a nice top 5. It's great to see Toriko doing so well. Mago is fifth from the bottom, still... :scry
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
So Hideaki Sorachi will draw One Piece on the issue #10 cover?
Poor Mago..which chapter is ranked in this issue?
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Poor Mago..which chapter is ranked in this issue?
132 I think.
Well, at least volume's still sell well. The 14th managed to get 4th in 1st week, 5th on 2nd week and 15th on 3rd week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top