Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
That's how it always sell, nothing much to write of, really. It's the number of sales that's important, not it's rank in the chart
 
Last edited:

Tulkas

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
26
Reaction score
11
Age
106
Gender
Male
Country
Seborga
Worst Case would be Mago moving to Jump SQ.
Sry, did i say worst?? ;)
Shiibashi in a monthly Magazine would be awesome, just my 2 cent.

TOC is still boring without new series, nothing to talk about, even Light Wing is safe at the moment.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Solid rankings this week, other than Reborn floating just above the bottom 5, and Nura being at the top of the bottom 5...

It also looks as though Enigma is settling into the middle rankings. I suppose that's solid enough for a new non-mainstream series.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
So, is news about One Piece taking over Jump's cover/color page during February a false?
 

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
So, is news about One Piece taking over Jump's cover/color page during February a false?
Not really, One Piece during February will be all Jump's cover, but these cover won't be realized by Oda.. For example next week OP will the cover, but it will be to achieve Hideaki Sorachi.

Who will have the lead color, in number #10 Gintama have it, will also draw the cover for OP :)
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Ohana didn't say that Medaka had a CP this week, but unless the editors made another boo-boo, it should be a mistake on Ohana's part...

Other than that, a nice top 5. It's great to see Toriko doing so well. Mago is fifth from the bottom, still... :scry
Sweet, Gintama's first color page of 2011. So wait, what? Sorachi will be drawing an OP cover AND the Gintama color page? Considering how much he complains, I wonder if he'll be able to pull it off? Well...I'm sure he will, seeing that he usually does. I hope that eventually he gets a bit more self confidence, especially since Shuiesha seems to like him enough. (I think.)
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I am... very amused to see KHR yoyo-ing around the ToC like that. xD
It is as if the fanbase can't decide whether it is awesome or crap. Personally i think it is both.
I still think the upcoming chapters will be awesome.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Great week is great. I've got Medaka, One Piece, and Sket Dance colors to look forward to. Plus Toriko is #2 and Bakuman is #4. I am very pleased.

Mago is still in a lull it seems and Kuroko has been dipping again lately as well. OD appears to have fallen back into the bottom as well. Reborn is low again as well. I'm sure some of these will get a boost when Jump brings in more cannon fodder in the coming months.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't like where Reborn is at the moment, hope it improves.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hm this ToC is similar to ones that went through in 2010 the rankings I mean are similar, Toriko being really high, new series and such being low, and one thing did surprise me here though Reborn! being low, I don't know why though since I dropped it after the future arc but oh well.

Also the OP cover is great I love how realistic the sunny looks thanks for the better quality of it.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
The Luffy pirate logo is the best thing Jump has done in years. I love it. TOC itself isn't all that interesting. Nothing is in danger of cancellation, I don't think they've replaced the series canceled in November. The one shots are filling one space, unless I'm forgetting something the other hasn't been. But hey, I don't even remember what was canceled :p
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The Luffy pirate logo is the best thing Jump has done in years. I love it. TOC itself isn't all that interesting. Nothing is in danger of cancellation, I don't think they've replaced the series canceled in November. The one shots are filling one space, unless I'm forgetting something the other hasn't been. But hey, I don't even remember what was canceled :p
Light Wing has been rock bottom for quite some time I believe, or if not in the low 5 for sure, also the WSJ logo weren't they going to pick a Naruto one? Or do they go by the most popular series?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm assuming the new logo is part of the OP celebration. No idea of they are going to have a new one after that.

It's usually a series canceled for every new series. If two were canceled in November but nothing new added than everything at the bottom would survive. At least until the next round of cuts. If they plan on adding more than two series Light Wing would be dead.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm assuming the new logo is part of the OP celebration. No idea of they are going to have a new one after that.

It's usually a series canceled for every new series. If two were canceled in November but nothing new added than everything at the bottom would survive. At least until the next round of cuts. If they plan on adding more than two series Light Wing would be dead.
The previous one was a OP logo as well, it had the face of some pirate now it is just Luffy looking similar to the pirate, lol, you have it as an avatar now. :XD

Ah so it depends on how much they add, no wonder there were a lot of cuts in 2010 they were adding new series and a lot of One-shots were tried out, thanks for the info.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The previous one was a OP logo as well, it had the face of some pirate now it is just Luffy looking similar to the pirate, lol, you have it as an avatar now. :XD

Ah so it depends on how much they add, no wonder there were a lot of cuts in 2010 they were adding new series and a lot of One-shots were tried out, thanks for the info.
I think the pirate logo before had nothing to do with OP.That was the WSJ logo from the beginning.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think the pirate logo before had nothing to do with OP.That was the WSJ logo from the beginning.
Beginning? Since the magazine was established? I don't know it looked like a OP logo of some kind, oh well I guess it is no big deal it is similar and it is Luffy, so it is cool. :smile-big
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
What series have the color page next week, apart from Gintama?
Will Soreachi draw the One Piece cover?
 

mngapro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have any of the one shots from jump next winter 2011 been translated yet? I can only read like bits and pieces of the stories and it's killing me!! Lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top