Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm indifferent. If I have the time I may read Magica. The art is not impressive, incredibly generic, kind of a 'you can draw manga too :thumbs' vibe. When something comes along with the edge Double Arts, Mago, Toriko, Bakuman, Beelze, and Medaka brought I'll read it without hesitation.
 

soDeq05

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
976
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Little Info About Jump #13

Magico by Naoki Iwamoto (Lead CP)
Bakuman (CP)
BEELZEBUB (CP)
Meruhen (CP)

DOIS SOL Increasing 23 pages

Special:
ONE PIECE Thousand sanny coin tray & Mini autograph present!!
ONE PIECE Special post card!!
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
If I am not wrong, it is the 2nd anniversary of Beelzebub. So, probably that is the reason of the CP.

That picture of "Magico" resembles to Tegami Bachi, I want to read it :D

Sorry for my bad english.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Should roughly correspond. Beelze started in late February/early March if I remember correctly. Jump isn't known for being punctual with anniversaries so it might not be exactly two years.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I remember people were wary of Enigma at first, but it caught on quickly. Who knows, people might actually like Magico! It's "magic fantasy", and since I'm a fan of that genre why not give it shot. ;)

That picture of "Magico" resembles to Tegami Bachi, I want to read it :D
It certainly does! Hopefully the similarity will only be shared in that one preview and the character designs will be different within the manga itself.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I'm not sure whether people interested in this news or not. Ishioka Shouei, author of Belmond Le Visiteur (serialized in 2007), had won Boiled Egg Newcomer Award (award for novelist).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
If I am not wrong, it is the 2nd anniversary of Beelzebub. So, probably that is the reason of the CP.
According to the magazine itself, though, the preview page listed the reason for Beelzebub getting the CP (and twice in a row at that) as great popularity of the anime :)

Like Kaiten said, Jump is pretty bad with anniversaries. And I think they usually only commemorate the more major anniversaries like 1st year, 5th year, 10th year etc iirc.
 

N0R7H

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I really want to read Dois Sol and Grimm, anyone has traslate it?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Not yet. You can check when/if a translation is out here :)
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I am actually wondering now...the last time shonenjump.com updated their "online manga" section was with Light Wing and Enigma...do you guys know if there is some chance they might do the first chapter of Grimm as well?

I sort of like the idea of them offering international versions of the first chapter or so, but since Light Wing is cancelled and they still have the first chapter up for grabs I was curious...:sweatdrop
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
↑ The Shonen Jump website usually hosts the first chapter of a newly serialized series so I'm sure Grimm will be up there soon. Perhaps not next week (since the premiere chapter will be just out), but it should be there the week after.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
That's great news! :D Hopefully Togaishi will ease into the schedule of a weekly mangaka. Although I don't read the series I'm very happy for its fans who have been waiting for so long.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
For years i am still wondering why is the editors very soft towards Togashi-sensei x__X
Good for its fans, but it had been a long time since i read HxH that i lost interest.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Yes thank you god!!!

I guess that means there will need to be more room made for it. O well, I need my fix.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Is that means one of series going to be axe/end to make room for Hunter?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It says this on the spoiler someone posted:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5411/wwwdotuporg1367043.jpg

That it'll be back in 3 weeks with the center color.
His comment isn't anything important, it's just:
"Sorry for the inconvenience and worry i caused everyone. But still, thanks to everyone who waited, it's restarting. I'll try my hardest."
 

•Sasuke•

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
869
Reaction score
7,307
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
According to T (OP Spoiler God):

Hunter x Hunter returns!! He says it'll pick up serilization in three weeks.​
waaaaa amazing!!!
you make my day tnx for the info!!!
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's very welcome news. It's been a long wait since the last chapter, but it's just going to be nice to start reading Hunter x Hunter again.
 

•Sasuke•

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
869
Reaction score
7,307
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I bet OP is gonna lose its first place for a while now :3c
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top