Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Sengoku Armor's art style is a teensy bit like Shaman King's because of the guy on the left. This is the series I'm most excited about so I can't wait! :D

I don't know what Tsuna is doing (showing off perhaps?), but I like #33. It's a variation of the colour page a while back. Psyren and Bakuman's volumes are nice too.

EDIT: A break for ONE PIECE... whaa--??? :blink
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm looking forward to it too. Probably the first time in a long time I cared about a new Jump series :s

I don't remember thinking this when I read the one-shot, but doesn't the art look a little like Fairy Tail (especially the girl)? ._. The character designs are a little different from the one-shot but I guess the story is still roughly the same since it still says "collecting the strongest weapons". Looking forward to it :nod
The art style has definitely changed. The girl doesn't look as skinny as she did in the one shot. Not sure about Lucy, other than the smirk.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
A good cover from both Shiibashi-sensei and Obata-sensei for Mago and Bakuman! Hiramaru is so hilarious and I like that this cover doesn't have him in any stock/cool pose. Not to mention the Otter #11 plushies! :nuts

Oh and someone asked about when Dois Sol and Grimm would get posted online on the SJ website? They're up! :amuse Dois Sol's been up for a week but Grimm was just added today.
 

soDeq05

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
976
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Little Info About Jump #14

Sengoku ARMORS by Shouta Sakaki (Cover, Lead CP)
magico (CP)
BEELZEBUB (CP)
Meruhen (CP)
BLEACH (CP)

No ONE PIECE for this week issue.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Wait, Jump has 4 new series!? I thought they either stuck with 2 or 3. Not that I mind though, they all look pretty interesting to be honest, especially Sengoku Armors. It's artwork seems like a cross between early Fairy Tail and early Bleach.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like most of the covers. The ones for Reborn, Psyren and Medaka Box stand out to me the most though.

I also noticed that the color for Volume 2 of Enigma is red not purple. It's sort of interesting to think that their may be a change in color for each volume.
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Oh and someone asked about when Dois Sol and Grimm would get posted online on the SJ website? They're up! :amuse Dois Sol's been up for a week but Grimm was just added today.
Ah sadly it doesn't appear they are in English yet. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like what Nishio did for volume 9 of Medaka Box. Shibuki probably could have been on the cover too but oh well its fine.

Hiramaru on the Bakuman cover made me laugh. I do agree that there has been a noticeable increase in his panel-time.

One of the better Beelzebub covers. I like this one.

Psyren's is a feel good cover. I don't remember if this was the last volume or not but it would make for a good send off cover.

As far as Sengoku Armors goes, well I'll wish it the best of luck in trying to succeed where the previous action series have failed recently. I do like the art for it and yeah it does remind me of Shaman King.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I do like the art for it and yeah it does remind me of Shaman King.
I agree. It is unnoticeable with the girl, but for the man the art really looks like Hiroyuki Takei's xD
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I finally came around reading magico and I thought it was quite cool. Though I have to agree with everybody who said it had a certain One shot feel to it. Chapter 1 really comes off like some self-contained short story... I'm quite curious as to where chapter 2 will start from and how things'll develop.

Also looking forward to Sengoku ARMORS! I agree with the statement about the girl looking somewhat Fairy Tail-ish (i.e. like Lucy) in this version. :tem
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Hey guys It's been a while since I visited this thread. actually since 2010 second thread.

Seems like a lot happened since then. I guess I'm gonna keep my self up to date from now on.

I came here to see if the was One Piece this week and turns out the info was true :crying
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
WSJ #14 said:
Sengoku Armors (Cover, Lead CP)
Gintama
Bakuman
Naruto
Toriko
Magico (CP)
Enigma
Meruhen
Beelzebub (CP)
Sket Dance
Dois Sol
Bleach (CP)
Reborn!
Inumaru Dashi
Kuroko no Basuke
Kochikame
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Medaka Box
Nurarihyon no Mago
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen

Absent: One Piece
Magooooooo :scry Oumagaaaaaaa :scry

I'm happy to see Bakuman so high for a second week, though~ :amuse
 
Last edited:

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Uhm strange ToC.. Gintama and Bakuman climb over Naruto. Very well Toriko and Enigma, not good position for Medaka Box, Nurarihyon no Mago and Oumagadoki Doubutsuen.


@Saladesu: You forgot to put One Piece (Absent), and Meruhen has a 23 pages chapter not the color pages.


Issue #15 (14/03) said:
Naruto (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Sengoku Arms (25 pag. + Color Page)
Sket Dance (Color Page)
Kochi Kame (Color Page)

Magico (23 pag.)
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I guess the Naruto color means that we'll get the poll results,or am i wrong?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Has it been 3 months already? If so, I think that's it :amuse

@Oberon: Ah, my bad. I didn't see the "center color" on Meruhen in the scan either, but sodeq's old post had it as CP so I just followed suit :sweat I've fixed that and noted OP's absence. Thanks for pointing it out~

P.S.: green color is for new series, so Naruto shouldn't be green :amuse
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
NOOOOO, Medaka Box!!!!! Hopefully the new soccer series will fail in the rankings and act as buffer, though Medaka should likely be safe until it's two year anniversary(with an anime announcement hopefully following it).

At least Enigma's in the top 5 again. Hopefully this time JUMP won't print a limited run for Volume 2, so we can see how well it does on the charts in sales.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gintama and Bakuman beating Naruto...though upset with no OP this week, this probably made my day. Also like Sket and Enigma's positions as well.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
So nice to see Gintama and Bakuman up there. Mago still worrys me :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top