Googlez_kun wrote:
Is this really the place to discuss this?
I´m not totally sure, but I think it should be allowed since it says "Discussion" in the topic, although we aren´t technically talking about 2011 related stuff (i.e. Part 1 of Naruto is not 2011) but I think it should be allowed.
Mr. Prince wrote:
No, seriously, I don't think everything that Nanamine says is wrong. Some things, maybe most of them, are but not everything.
But let's be honest, the kids who send in their cards are quite ignorant in their own ways (voting crap regardless how crappy said crap turns out. Crap. Yet disregarding nearly everything that's somewhat experimenting.) and as a paying customer of the magazine I feel like it's my right to criticize them...
Ditto.
Japan has always been a very traditionalist nation, its no secret. Yeah its one of the few places on earth were you could see a magazine for boys containing nude girls but that´s all because that´s tradition there, since ancient times, since ukyo-e, the dream of the fisherman´s wife would be a good example of this.
Now, what was I aiming to do by bringing tradiotionalism in this?
Mainly that how things work and how things used to work change with time.
I.e. Nanamine using 50 (Well 51 people if we count his editor) people´s opinions, IMO, is not a bad idea, AT ALL... Of course I know the plan is gonna fail manga-wise, but those are all different points of view, maybe some real-author should try LOL.
Maybe Shueisha (And other manga publishers) should open a forum/real time chat once every month or something and make authors and readers meet so they can talk about developments and all that, of course that manga could turn into a total pile of fan-service but that´s what most manga are anyway LOL, ironically, Bakuman has had his share of fan-service, I mean think about it, Hiramaru is ranked first in the fan´s poll and since then we see him almost every chapter.
As for kids voting for "Crap" I understand what you mean, its those kids that keep BLEACH so up when other manga deserve it, but if BLEACH gets those votes then in my opinion is doing what it should be doing

What I mean is Weekly Shonen Jump is targetting a certain demography, which btw I am 100% sure you and me aren´t, their demography should be something along the lines of "
Japanese citizens around
7 to 15 years". If BLEACH is popular among those voters (And IIRC voters from the main demography count "more") then power to Kubo Tite and long live BLEACH, which I think its too boring since I can´t remember when, but if thats what little kids like, and I am sure they do since BLEACH has all those cool poses, Bankais, Characters (lots of them),cool poethic (Wanna be) lines, not-drawn-backgrounds, Cool-spilled-ink powers and "Just as Aizen planned" moments (I am waiting for other of those.. Yeah I am that confident in Kubo

)
Now you said you are a magazine buyer, then you do get a "voice" just cut your TOC card, put your favorite mangas, send it to Shueisha and voila! There you have it your vote is now counted! Do that every week to keep ONE PIECE up!

Now sarcasm aside, because I know you wouldn´t do that every week from Germany (Judging from your info) I think Shueisha could change the voting system too, i.e. put a code in the TOC card so that you can login with that code and send your thoughts and rankings online. I don´t know how costly it would be for each code to be printed different in each magazine, but if needed the code could be the same, just not letting the same I.P. use it twice or something like that, of course if the code gets unto forums people who didn´t buy the magazine could vote, but meh, they would still be interested people (What I mean, they are sure to be consumers in some point, i.e. Tankoubons, figures, anime, etc.)
BTW you use "Crap" too much, judginig from your nick/avatar is safe to assume you are a Sanji fan, huh? Your "Crap" talk makes me remember of that famous "Restaurant Le Crap" line from Sanji LOL