Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

97gsxminus1bolt

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
United States
bleach should be fine once the current arc starts to make sense but gintama being up high again is surprising.
 

PaseR

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
According to Zangetsu01's post

Issue #15

Naruto (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Toriko
Gintama
Beelzebub
Sengoku Armors (Color page)
Bakuman
Grimm
Kochikame (Color Page)
Magico (23 pages)
Dois Sol
Sket Dance (Color page)
Bleach
Enigma
Inumaru Dashi
Kuroko No Basket
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Medaka Box
Nuraryhon no Mago
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen

If you find any mistake, tell me because i'm new doing this stuff =)
 

PaseR

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Oumaaaaaaaaaaaaa *.*

Bleach is so low...well, in fact it is not, because all the not ranked series are above him, so his real position is 6th... =(

Toriko in 2nd and Beelzebub in 4th made my day...and the color page of Naruto too =D

I don't read Gintama, but I guess I have to start =)

Normal bottom 5 nowadays...Nuramago, Ouma and Reborn! could be better.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Now I know Meruhen and Dois Sol are not ranked yet, but I wonder if, like Enigma back when it just started, their being fairly high on the TOCs is a good sign for the two of them. I'm not liking how Oumaga's position is looking though, especially if Meruhen and Dois Sol (and maybe Sengoku as well) are actually doing well :s

Bleach is really low, but oh wells *shrugs* I've not been enjoying the current arc THAT much. It's not bad, but there were some stuff I didn't really like. Yay for Toriko being in #2, though! Well-deserved :) All in all, a nice top 5 :tem
 

soDeq05

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
976
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
:yay One Piece back into action again~ :yay
Shonen Jump Issue #15 Cover and TOC Page. Credits goes to Luffy-kun@Manga HideOut

Cover Issue #15
​
TOC Page
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Awkward week for Reborn, and Medaka's still down there...but at least Bleach was knocked from it's pedestal a bit.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Now I know Meruhen and Dois Sol are not ranked yet, but I wonder if, like Enigma back when it just started, their being fairly high on the TOCs is a good sign for the two of them. I'm not liking how Oumaga's position is looking though, especially if Meruhen and Dois Sol (and maybe Sengoku as well) are actually doing well :s
I also thought the same thing like years ago, but actually there is no correlation between the position before ranked and the position after ranked.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Technically with Naruto color, OP is #1...I can go with that. Other than that...too many new series skewing the polls preventing anything from really standing out (outside Gintama and Beezle, one with an anime returning, the other supported by said anime)
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
All those unranked new series and color pages make Enigma feel so low, but 7th place isn't bad. I predict Enigma will rise to the top of the ToC within the next few chapters because I believe Aru will be a fan favorite.
 

Nintakun

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This was a nice week!
Bleach out of the top 5
Toriko in 2nd
Reborn in the Bottom

I only wanted Oumagadoki to be higher... =/
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This week sucks! Bleach is 9th, Reborn is 13th, and Nura is still at the bottom.:cussing Hope next week is better for all three. only thing am happy about is Beelzebub.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Ah One Piece back in its place :D
Gintama still up there :luv

Sadly Mago is still low :(
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This week has a lot of good things going for it. One Piece is #1, Toriko is #2, Bakuman is #5, and Reborn is in the bottom 5. Oh and Bleach is out of the top 5. ^__^

Plus there is a Sket Dance color for me to enjoy.

Now the only real blemish here for me is Medaka. It has enough cushion for now but its going to need some of these new series to tank or go on another streak to be out of danger when the next round of cuts come.

It currently doesn't look good for Hokenshitsu and Oumagadoki though. Mago has just seemingly collapsed. I still haven't caught up, but from things I've heard this isn't surprising. It will still be around for a while though I take it.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't read Gintama, but I guess I have to start =)

Normal bottom 5 nowadays...Nuramago, Ouma and Reborn! could be better.
If all this good TOC rank can help Gintama have more reader then it's great.It also mean I'm missing really good chapters (;_ ; )
Honestly it's an hilarious serie don't hesitate one second. The anime will restart soon so you can start with it too.
 
Last edited:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I don't read Gintama, but I guess I have to start =)

Normal bottom 5 nowadays...Nuramago, Ouma and Reborn! could be better.
If all this good TOC rank can help Gintama have more reader then it's great.It also mean I'm missing really good chapters (;_ ; )
Honestly it's an hilarious serie don't hesitate one second. The anime will restart soon so you can start with it too.
What K-dom said is true.

I'd recomend you to start with the anime since the voice actors are great and the animation is pretty good even though it is a short budget anime.
 

jose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
91
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Good b5, medaka, shinigami and reborn in it.

The only thing i switch is the place of medaka and zoo, and this b5 will be perfect.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
As a KHR stan -yes, I'll use ONTD terminology here- I would be upset, but I'm not too perturbed because even I found that fight unexciting. Meh. Sad to see Enigma low. ONE PIECE was going to rise back to the top sooner or later so it shouldn't be a surprise really.

I counted: there are 21 series running in WSJ at the moment. That's a lot (for me anyway).
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I counted: there are 21 series running in WSJ at the moment. That's a lot (for me anyway).
I'm not sure 21 series are lots because Magazine and Sunday have even more series than Jump.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't like seeing Reborn that low, but it's not like its rank really matters much.

I counted: there are 21 series running in WSJ at the moment. That's a lot (for me anyway).
I'm pretty sure it's generally hovered around the 20 or so mark for at least as long as I've been following the TOCs (6 years or so).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top