Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
How many people think Hanasaka Ikkyu going to be included on next new series line-up? It is kind of too early to ask question about upcoming new series.
I think it's going to be a part of the next series line-up, which I expect in about 5~10 weeks from now. Though one can't really tell at this point how many new series might come along... guess it will all show in the upcoming weeks once the batch of the current newcomers gets ranked officially.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Little Info About Jump #18

Sket Dance
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal by Naohito Miyoshi (One Shot, 19 Pages)
Gintama (CP)
Special: Sket Dance x Gintama Collaboration (CP)
Intriguing. I guess to commemorate that the two series are getting anime together in April, and drawn by a teacher/assistant duo?

I had actually contemplated translating Sket, but since I suck that idea died quite quickly. I guess I'll translate the collaboration when it comes out.....Wait. Wait. WAIT. Sket is wordy, and Gintama is wordy. This thing had better be less than nineteen pages or I promise you I will not touch it. Just trying to fathom the amount of text Sorachi and Shinohara will come up makes me weak in the knees.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Happy to see Sket Dance so high. Good momentum to have with its anime starting up.

Bakuman has a pretty good spot too though with all the extra series around it doesn't look like it.

I'm perfectly fine with where Mago and Beelzebub are at. I've been disappointed with both for a while now. Though I've been disenchanted with Beelzebub for much longer than Mago. Both are probably fine atm anyway but I'm glad the ranking reflects my thoughts.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Takeshi Obata's drawing is online ( I don't know if the text is from Tsugumi Ohba, but even so it should be from both of them)


I like it. But could someone please translate the text?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Just read the One Piece x Toriko Collaboration. It was EPIC! Great humor, even though it was directed to the younger audience.

Loved it when Luffy was gonna say how bad the devil fruit tasted! Pig inside a fox inside a tiger = EPIC! Made by Oda-sensei. This chapter really made me laugh. I've kind of missed a little of the One Piece humor, even though it is a little, it should be even more.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Just read the One Piece x Toriko Collaboration. It was EPIC! Great humor, even though it was directed to the younger audience.

Loved it when Luffy was gonna say how bad the devil fruit tasted! Pig inside a fox inside a tiger = EPIC! Made by Oda-sensei. This chapter really made me laugh. I've kind of missed a little of the One Piece humor, even though it is a little, it should be even more.
I agree :D It was really delicious! :p This showed once again that Toriko has everything to be one of the Top Manga, still not enough for One Piece or Naruto in my opinion, but for the other ones for sure.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
For those who didn't get the joke about Shimabukuro's monster... The names on the heads are all editors at WSJ.

矢作 = One of the three deputy chief editors
中野 = One of the group leaders
小池 = One of the editors


Takeshi Obata's drawing is online ( I don't know if the text is from Tsugumi Ohba, but even so it should be from both of them)


I like it. But could someone please translate the text?
Here's a rough translation:

Obata:
My heart goes to all those affected by the disaster.

Ohba: I would like to pray for those who lost their lives. My heart goes to all those still affected by the disaster as well as their relatives. We should all live with the willingness to help one another and have hope in our hearts.

Color Text:
Aim for rebuild with everyone working together!!
 
Last edited:

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
For those who didn't get the joke about Shimabukuro's monster... The names on the heads are all editors at WSJ.

矢作 = One of the three deputy chief editors
中野 = One of the group leaders
小池 = One of the editors
<hr noshade size="1">
Hahaha! Made it even more epic! :D

It was Oda's idea btw, at least thats what mangastream is saying.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The Pig inside a fox inside a tiger monster is by Oda, but the 3 headed dragon is by Shimabukuro.
 

Kisho Cho

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Age
50
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Hi. Im confused as to how the ranking works? So Toriko is number one and Magico is doing very well! Already that high and its still very new!!!! Must be new hit like in bakuman with Crow.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Hi. Im confused as to how the ranking works? So Toriko is number one and Magico is doing very well! Already that high and its still very new!!!! Must be new hit like in bakuman with Crow.
Series with color pages don't get ranked and new series are unranked until they reach chapter 8. Therefore, Toriko and Magico are unranked.

All of these series are ranked based on 8 chapters ago. That's how the ranking system works.
 

Kisho Cho

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Age
50
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Series with color pages don't get ranked and new series are unranked until they reach chapter 8. Therefore, Toriko and Magico are unranked.

All of these series are ranked based on 8 chapters ago. That's how the ranking system works.
How do you know this? I don't want to sound like I'm not trusting but where does the information of this ranking come from?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
How do you know this? I don't want to sound like I'm not trusting but where does the information of this ranking come from?
Go to first page of this thread.
 

Kotaku

Temp Overlord
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Wow!! Negative Syndicate-sama thank you for the explain to Kisho-san. I learning a lot by read what you tell Kisho-san.

I think Naruto best, Naruto should number one :kkthumbs

But I want ask you Negative Syndicate-sama, you saying go first page to read, but that information also come from where? Is it Shuueisha tell? Or from series like Bakuman?
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
But I want ask you Negative Syndicate-sama, you saying go first page to read, but that information also come from where? Is it Shuueisha tell? Or from series like Bakuman?
This kind of thread existed in Japanese forums for a lot of time.
Someday somebody found it and began publishing the information in English.

How do Japaneses know the way the ToC works? Maybe some editor of Jump said it in internet or something like that.

I think that we don't know it.

Sorry for my bad English.
 

Kotaku

Temp Overlord
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Oh, I see! Thank you very much Salce-san, I learn a lot from what you teach me. I hope people in Japan also correct and not someone say rubbish everyone believing. It is interesting know how Jump work.

No need worry English bad, we all work hard together!
 

come come paradise

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
France
To njt and whoever is playing those guys' roles: let it be known that for this April fool's you have my eternal respect. I can't stop laughing xD


I'm a bit surprised at Gintama's ranking, it seemed so high just a few weeks ago. I guess it's one of these series that goes up and down. The OP/Toriko crossover was really good :D
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This kind of thread existed in Japanese forums for a lot of time.
Someday somebody found it and began publishing the information in English.

How do Japaneses know the way the ToC works? Maybe some editor of Jump said it in internet or something like that.

I think that we don't know it.
Yeah, I asked that same question some weeks ago, and nobody could find the true answer.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's more of a trial and error, as well as bits and hints from some of the "insiders". Just for the 2ch community, they've been talking about it for nearly 11 years, and the "rules" are what they have confirmed so far.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top