Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeromcd

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Source: Fuji TV Producer

藤山太一郎‏@taichirow
ようやくバレー漫画のアニメ化が決まったのは嬉しいが、
他局に落ち着いたのはちと悔しい。けどまあいいや笑。
It has been decided that a volleyball manga will be getting an anime adaption. He is sad that another station got it instead of them.

Doesn't mean it's Haikyuu!!, but it could possibly be :)

Eru13

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Source: Fuji TV Producer

It has been decided that a volleyball manga will be getting an anime adaption. He is sad that another station got it instead of them.

Doesn't mean it's Haikyuu!!, but it could possibly be :)
Is there even any other volleyball manga that's remotely popular?

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
What do you mean by cpression/decompression ? I'm not sure to understand.
I think he means that most author nowadays stretch most arcs to last very long. I mean for example Bleach (only example I can think of right now), the last arc with the fight in Soul Society lasted more than 30 chapters, that's pretty long for an arc (I think so anyway).

As for One Piece the Fishmen Island arc lasted around 50+ chapters.

In the contrary some author, expecially in the beginning or even Medaka where some arcs were really short, like the "Flower Fest" that was the last arc.

Last edited:

101nemesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
I think he means that most author nowadays stretch most arcs to last very long. I mean for example Bleach (only example I can think of right now), the last arc with the fight in Soul Society lasted more than 30 chapters, that's pretty long for an arc (I think so anyway).
That was like a mini arc. The "last arc" is still going on.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Now that I see in front of Edison Gintama, Sket and Beel. Damn, that's crazy. Just those who are excellent.

That was like a mini arc. The "last arc" is still going on.

Exactly, were less than ten chapters

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

As for One Piece the Fishmen Island arc lasted around 50+ chapters.

In the contrary some author, expecially in the beginning or even Medaka where some arcs were really short, like the "Flower Fest" that was the last arc.
Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and long running series like that usual have arcs that at bare minimum last around 50 chapters to a 100.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never mind that defining what counts as an arc, an overarching plot or whatnot is needlessly complicated. It really doesn't bear thinking about too much. But yes, by any measure of the term Medaka Box is super-compressed, and I think that's always been to its benefit, allowing it to screw around with pacing and ideas more than most long-running jump titles. It'll be missed for that, as well as the brilliant satire.

Asgaroth

Reaction score
Country
Germany
i thought that medaka teased a lot of things, like the unequal or the non-hero who despise jump, but never came to fruition somehow. it always felt that it never had a climax for anything, just a new ridiculous element.

FanOfAniManga

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It seems it have dropped a lot but it didn't actually, it's in 8th place, 1 place lower than last time. Only One piece, AssClass, Soma, Kuroko, Hq, Nisekoi, Saiki and Toriko ranked better. Additionally there are 3 Colors before it (Bleach + 2 oneshot) + Kochikame Lead CP. So imo its still doing pretty well, can't really say if its a success or not though.
That actually makes it 9th out of 17. Not including Bleach, Naruto or Kochikame, there are still seven more series above the bottom 10. Still not that much of a concern, though... right?

Last edited:

PEDROKUE

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So it's really confirmed, sayonara, Medaka.
And wtfh is with this bottom? Gintama?! And edision going up like this? And sadly Kiruko is still in the bottom of the bottom.

Hope that OT back is true too.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Edison in Love's rise is typical of gag manga. All it needs is a good chapter and it'll get votes. it could easily fall back down if the next week's chapters were less funny. Our Hero Studies did this all the time over its one-year run, if anyone remembers that. Date-senpai wasn't immune to it either.

arsg

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's always a little sad when a popular series comes to an end, they leave holes in the magazine even if you're not a fan. I read Medaka for around 100 chapters but dropped it. Akatsuki's a very good artist, hopefully he does more work for Jump.

Zeromcd

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Jump Issue #21 TOC
Kochikame (Cover, Lead CP)
Kuroko no Basket
Assassination Classroom
One Piece
Dark Pawn (Center Colour, Oneshot)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Brand New School Day (Center Colour, Oneshot)
Toriko
Shokugeki no Souma
Bleach (Center Colour)
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Koisuru Edison
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Gintama
Medaka Box
Cross Manage
Hungry Joker
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

Absent: Naruto

Jump Double Issue #22/23 Information
Cover: Jump Heros vs Rivals
Lead CP: One Piece
Center Colour: Medaka Box (END), Moon Walker LTD.II (Oneshot), Tetokuchi (Oneshot/Bangaihen)
Special Curry Collaboration: Toriko x Shokugeki no Souma x Gekikara!! Curry Prince
Bangaihen: Mario

Last edited:

carlosgmsousa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Well seems like Medaka is really ending. I sorta saw it coming, and it really feels like a natural ending, but who knows. At least it had a really good run, you'll be missed.

World Trigger took a stumble on the TOC, it's rankings were really a surprise until now. Don't get me wrong I like the series but never expected it to rank so high in the first chapters.

And Kuroko really seems to be getting popular! Never expected it to get first place, not with the fierce competition of Assassination Classroom and Soma. I don't usually like sports manga but seems like I have to check it out.

meeedoooz

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
best top 3 in a long time, great seeing kuroko taking the top spot .

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Any chance theres that long awaited new J-stars character reveal already?

vampire killer

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Have someone read Dark Pawn? Is it any good?

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
It's quite demending on you to expect oneshot spoilers when big 3 chapters are not even out :-)

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
I've asked this question in another forum and thought I'd ask it here also just to see what people think about it.

Fans keep speculating that Bleach's anime will return. What are the chances that Bleach's anime will return? I know fans will say that "it will surely return within a few years" but since there are series like AC, Nisekoi, Haikyuu!! and Shokugeki no Soma that seem to be getting popular. Would Bleach's anime really return when the company can go acquire and make the anime of something else that is popular right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.