Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reith

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It seems that PSI Kusuo Saiki first ranking will be the CP next week!
I appreciate that the readers are enjoying this great manga.
 

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I am surprised at the end of Mago, I would not have expected ...
I'm curious to see the Raw Magico 64, to see whether or not ends up in the prox ...

who follows Kurogane and pajama, how is the story?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Chapter 64 is not the last chapter, the last chapter will be in the next issue of Jump NEXT, coming out in August.
 

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
yes yes, sorry, I forgot to write if you could clearly see where the next chapter was the last to jump or not ...
(counting that if the jump next comes the last, should leave the story already almost closed, unless it remains open-ended, but I do not think)
 

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Chapter 64 is not the last chapter, the last chapter will be in the next issue of Jump NEXT, coming out in August.
Wait wait are you saying that magico also endend in this issue???
 

Reith

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I am surprised at the end of Mago, I would not have expected ...
I'm curious to see the Raw Magico 64, to see whether or not ends up in the prox ...

who follows Kurogane and pajama, how is the story?
Kurogane:
Kurogane is entering in a new tournament arc and the "hero" from the chapter 1, has just appeared.
I want to read chapter 40 just to confirm, it is ending or not.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Didn't see if any one posted this, sorry if it is a repost:



Guess which one is by Matsui :derp
That picture scares me yet interests me :teehee
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
It's great to see Sket Dance up there! It's too bad we don't know which chapter was ranked. :p

Every one sensed Mago's conclusion coming a mile away so I'm not surprised by that, but I am shocked that it's ending this soon. It's nice that it's getting a spot in NEXT- perhaps the last chapter will have ~50 pages?

This feels so sudden, there's no way Shiibashi can end this properly in two more chapters :s Don't really understand why they're doing this, now that the final fight(s) have already started. 10-20 more chapters would have been great, it's impossible to condense everything to such a degree so I'm already epecting a disappointing ending. It's a shame, makes me quite sad :(
I agree. Things were just starting to heat up in preparation for the big fight so I'm rather caught off guard by the news. Two chapters are not enough to cover the climax and the denouement without it seeming rushed. As I said above though maybe the last chapter will cover more pages.

Aak, I'm sad too. :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Limit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, Sket dance is 3rd, and Haikyuu!! is 2nd? That's pretty awesome. And Nisekoi being 4th is like icing to the cake. I hope these continue to rank high, they are awesome series that need more recognition.

Just like everyone else, I'm surprised Mago ended. I thought they would let it end properly but the ending is pretty rushed. I'm guessing it was so that they can start more series, though they could've ended Magico first then Mago. Either way, they got rid of the lowest link.
The new series looks awesome, assassin classroom right? Can't wait to check it out.
 

Shindou

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
94
Reaction score
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Poland
Could someone explain to me what's the deal with Binbougami? Does it have a chapter in WSJ to promote upcoming anime or are they moving it to Jump for good?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wait wait are you saying that magico also endend in this issue???
I'm pretty sure that was a misunderstanding by Kait, there's no official news that Magico is ending.

Could someone explain to me what's the deal with Binbougami? Does it have a chapter in WSJ to promote upcoming anime or are they moving it to Jump for good?
It's to promote the anime, a one time special
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Meant Mago. My bad :oh

I wonder if another series is ending in issue 31 or are they using the space left by that three part one shot.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
It is a chapter to promote the upcoming anime just like AnE had a chapter like that of 33 pages in April last year.

About Mago I guess that the cancellation was done as soon as they had a series that could possibly reach it's level and after some weeks the decision was made, but still that project doesn't give me the vibe of an anime to finish or a moving to SQ but more of a Shaman King kind of end, maybe after the chapter in NEXT Mago will only have tankoubons once every 3-4 months or so until the right end is made although I haven't heard about something like that ever happening.

On another note I hope Kurogane will rise so it won't bite the dust on the next cancellation round and next week is Momiji's first ranking which means we will be able to see how it, Pajama and Nisekoi share the votes of the RomCom genre which might make all three drop a little - my gamble is Nisekoi 7th/8th, Pajama second to last and Momiji 2 below Nisekoi.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Why is everyone so surprised Mago ended? It's ratings have been horrible for at least two years now, maybe more. It lasted a bout half a year longer (2008-2012, 21 volumes), at about the same position, as ToRa (2006-2009, 18 volumes). The difference between Mago ending, and Pakky (for example), is that there is a good chance the option of moving to another magazine was at least explored. That does not mean it will, the managaka could always choose to move on to another series. But we can reasonably believe the option was there, even if not taken. It took six months for ToRa to return, after cancellation, with no announcement made regarding it's future at the time. The announcement came as a new series announcement from SQ, not from Jump. Same goes for PoT, no announcement was made until it was ready to debut in SQ.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Meant Mago. My bad :oh

I wonder if another series is ending in issue 31 or are they using the space left by that three part one shot.
My guess is Magico, since the last chapters heavily hinted that it will end soon. Not sure if it's the next issue but it definitely won't be long. It's either going to be in the next issue (or the next after that, can't recall if the cancellations were split over more issues in the past :oh) or with the next cancellation round, which seems to be pretty soon too, according to Zero:

Source: Sket Dance Assistant

One of the assistants working on Sket Dance is aiming to get serialized and posted on twitter that his manuscript was accepted to be passed around the serialization meeting which will begin early-mid July.

That means that 1-2 series will receive a notice of cancellation in another 3-5 weeks and will end in 9-13 weeks.
Wonder which series will get a cancellation notice if Magico already got one, Pajama or Kurogane seem likely though.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Why is everyone so surprised Mago ended? It's ratings have been horrible for at least two years now, maybe more.
that's the point Kait, it was able to stay in the magazine for such a long time despite the bad rankings. Ending it now, around 20 chapters away from a real and proper ending, is surprising and kind of ridiculous. After letting it live for such a long time they could have given Shiibashi "a bit" more time to finish the series in a natural way, wouldn't have caused that much harm. I don't really get why they let him continue the series for so long and cancel it right before the end.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If they use the space left by that three chapters series, then Magico'll be axed around Issue 39. Just like when Ikkyu alone got axed in Issue 38 of last year. So probably only one new series will start in Issue 40.

Comparing HxH to Bleach is like an insult to Bleach <- (I don't believe in this statement at all nor the reverse) Starting flame wars aside it was an observation made by me based on what I've seen from the past few TOCs and when HXH was in the TOC which holds true for the most part.

Comments like yours serve no purpose than to instigate something. If you don't like a manga then thats on you. But I ask that most users here do not go sprouting crap like comparing 2 mangas is insulting to one specific manga they like when its their own opinion.
That was half meant. The thing about HxH is the fans don't vote for it because it'll never get canned. The proof is that
1. Shueisha's treating Togashi like a king; they'll pamper Togashi so he'll stay with them.
2. The series' current arc is so good it didn't even need voting, anyone reading it can tell as much; basing 2ch's public member voting and HxH readers' opinion can prove the case.
3. In Bleach's case the fans are not voting for it because they don't like it. In HxH, the fans are not voting for it because they don't have to.
 
Last edited:

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I wonder if another series is ending in issue 31 or are they using the space left by that three part one shot.
Something else will probably be cut to make room for the Golden Future Cup which will be starting soon.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
True, I almost forgot that is coming up.
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If they use the space left by that three chapters series, then Magico'll be axed around Issue 39. Just like when Ikkyu alone got axed in Issue 38 of last year. So probably only one new series will start in Issue 40.



That was half meant. The thing about HxH is the fans don't vote for it because it'll never get canned. The proof is that
1. Shueisha's treating Togashi like a king; they'll pamper Togashi so he'll stay with them.
2. The series' current arc is so good it didn't even need voting, anyone reading it can tell as much; basing 2ch's public member voting and HxH readers' opinion can prove the case.
3. In Bleach's case the fans are not voting for it because they don't like it. In HxH, the fans are not voting for it because they don't have to.
But I could argue that number 3 is untrue because Bleach fans may simply be pulling number 2. Or like I said in the spoilers in my post way back, the Japanese fans probably didn't like the chapters -8 weeks back. If Bleach continues to be in the bottom 5 for the next 2 months then I will raise an eyebrow but I wouldn't bet on it.

Whether or not Bleach does well in the rankings doesn't change the fact it sells at least half a million volumes as of the latest sales chart. So cancellation is far away for the most part unless Shueisha decides Bleach should be canceled for some reason.

As for HXH never getting canned I agree with you. Mostly because I believe HXH is being kept as a buffer for when Naruto ends next year. (depending on Kishi's pace or if he extends it)
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But the difference is that Bleach is running regularly and all regular running series need fan support. Though I kinda agree with you in the chance that Bleach fans may be pulling number 2, there is also a chance that Bleach is getting a Mago deja vu; selling strong, low rankings, ending soon (by that I meant it entered Final Arc officially).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top