Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Dear god... that Dakimakura..... (or at least soon-to-be) I want one...... I pick Tsugumi & Onodera.

What's your pick??
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Dear god... that Dakimakura..... (or at least soon-to-be) I want one...... I pick Tsugumi & Onodera.

What's your pick??
i thought it is just a poster, not a physical kuddle pillow.

i think all of them are lovely.
 

BianchiChrome

MH Senpai
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
111
Age
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hello! :amuse

I wanted to know if there was a Japanese holiday this week. I seem to recall that there might be one. If so then I can assume that there will not be Shonen Jump this week.
 

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Hello! :amuse

I wanted to know if there was a Japanese holiday this week. I seem to recall that there might be one. If so then I can assume that there will not be Shonen Jump this week.

Yep exactly this week is Obon fetival in japan so no mangas.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
July 30 - August 5 Jump Comic Sales

*1 -- 1,754,309 1,754,309  3 ONE PIECE 67
*2 -- *,309,453 1,016,150  - NARUTO 61
*6 -- *,*86,079 *,*86,079  3 Beelzebub 17
10 -- *,*66,177 *,*66,177  3 Nisekoi 3
18 -- *,*46,784 *,*46,784  3 Haikyuu!! 2
24 -- *,*33,718 *,*33,718  3 Pajama na Kanojo。 2
27 -- *,*33,100 *,*33,100  3 Kochikame 181
31 -- *,*30,885 *,242,937  - Kuroko no Basket Official Fanbook CHARACTERS BIBLE
41 -- *,*25,495 *,408,905  - Kuroko no Basket 18
42 -- *,*24,561 3,166,796  - ONE PIECE 66
43 -- *,*24,352 *,*24,352  3 magico 7
50 -- *,*16,514 *,442,729  - Kuroko no Basket 17
 
Last edited:

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
well that's great for Naruto and of course kuroko, i guess now it surpassed toriko for sure :D
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've said this before, but Toriko's recent volumes have all sold about that same amount. And Toriko has maintained doing well for much longer on top of getting really high in the TOC. Kuroko is really high because of its anime. It'll depend on how well it maintains after the anime ends to see how well it does in the long-term.
 

Steffan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
I was talking about both the anime and the manga. For some reason the anime seemed to be marketed to a younger audience than Naruto and and a much younger audience than Bleach, which aired at night. My guess is the violence. In any case it was botched in my opinion. When the license went to Funimation it was redubbed and aired at a more appropriate timeslot, but the damage was done by 4kids I guess.
You make it sound way less bad than it really was.
Seriously, look up "One Piece 4kids" on YouTube, you'll see what kind of ridiculous stuff they did to it.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Nisekoi's sales... I think it's pretty much safe at this point. I bet there's already offers for it to have an Anime. But I still want Anime adaptions for Enigma and Psyren, even if they were both canceled. Enigma would be amazing as a 13-episode adaption as long as it ignored the second arc and had an Anime-original ending. And I personally enjoyed Psyren all the way through (am I the only one?) and think it deserves an Anime.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Psyren animated would be great, my fav series in jump when it was serialized. Its too soon for nisekoi... but it should get one if it continues to be amazing.

Also can't wait to see Iwashiro next series. I think he as the potential to create a hit.
 

HalcyonDigest

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As much as I loved Enigma, an anime adaptation is such a far-fetched idea at its point. Same goes for Psyren.
Also in case anyone is interested, Cross Manage (a sports/rom com one-shot that ran earlier this year) was just recently translated, and boy it's a good one. Would be nice to see that become a series. With the success that sports series have shown recently and Jump's current affinity for serializing romcoms I don't think its serialization is out of the question.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You make it sound way less bad than it really was.
Seriously, look up "One Piece 4kids" on YouTube, you'll see what kind of ridiculous stuff they did to it.
:XD

I didn't want to get TOO offtopic :p

Nisekoi's sales... I think it's pretty much safe at this point. I bet there's already offers for it to have an Anime. But I still want Anime adaptions for Enigma and Psyren, even if they were both canceled. Enigma would be amazing as a 13-episode adaption as long as it ignored the second arc and had an Anime-original ending. And I personally enjoyed Psyren all the way through (am I the only one?) and think it deserves an Anime.
There's no chance with Enigma probably. Busou Renkin got an anime long after it ended, so who knows with Psyren. Not sure how sales compared but Mr.Fullswing never got an anime either, despite running in the magazine for around 5 years.
 

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nisekoi's sales... I think it's pretty much safe at this point. I bet there's already offers for it to have an Anime. But I still want Anime adaptions for Enigma and Psyren, even if they were both canceled. Enigma would be amazing as a 13-episode adaption as long as it ignored the second arc and had an Anime-original ending. And I personally enjoyed Psyren all the way through (am I the only one?) and think it deserves an Anime.
I second Psyren deserving an anime. Muhyo & Roji would be great as well. :)
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It will be bundled with the Limited edition version of Nuraruhyin no Mago volume 24 scheduled to be released December 4th.
When's volume 23?
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
When's volume 23?
October Jump Comic Release Schedule
Kochikame #182
NARUTO #62
Gintama #46  
Nurarihyon no Mago #23 <-------
Toriko #21
Beelzebub #18
magico #08
Haikyuu!! #03
Pajama na Kanojo #03
Koisome Momiji #01
Sensei no Bulge #01
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
So Nisekoi sold just 20.000 copies less than Beelze..huge..and Kuroko is back in the top50..and One Piece sold nearly 2 million copies in just 2 days..
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Summer Comic Market starts this weekend!

Comic Market, popularly known as Comiket, will be from the 10th to the 12th of August, and is one of the largest comic markets in the world. It is normal for people to start queuing from 3 am the night before because attendance regularly exceeds half a million attendees.

I used pixiv's tags to see how popular Jump series are in the amount of doujinshi being sold this weekend. The numbers are crazy:

Series with doujinshi being sold at C82 (as far as pixiv knows):
452 Kuroko no Basuke
231 Gintama
122 Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
81 One Piece
70 Toriko
59 Naruto
58 BLEACH
35 Hunter x Hunter
21 SKETDANCE
18 Nurarihyon no Mago
13 Beelzebub
13 Medaka Box
08 Haikyuu!!
02 Nisekoi
01 Assassination Classroom
01 Magico
01 Sensei no Bulge

Series with no doujinshi being sold at C82 (as far as pixiv knows):
Kurogane, Momiji, Pajama, Saiki, Takamagahara, Kochikame

Comiket actually has a catalogue of all the circles (circle = doujinshi author and/or artist) attending that they produce for each event, but I could not find a reliable source to download it from. So while this isn't the most accurate list, probably more Jump doujinshi are going to be sold this weekend than the numbers indicated above.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
This is one of the nicest store promotions I've ever seen :D



---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

http://www.s-book.net/plsql/sbook_shuei_juhan

It looks like Nisekoi and Haikyuu are having understocking issues again.

It was just scheduled tonight that every volume for both series will be getting a complete reprinting.

---------- Post added August 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was August 09, 2012 at 10:37 PM ----------

Jump Comics - Volume 2 Sales

│First Week┃Grand Total* ┃Release Date|Series Title

│228056 (5)┃*,369676 (*54)┃2009/03|Bakuman 2
│*73216 (5)┃*,*94559 (*12)┃2012/07|Nisekoi 2
│*68072 (3)┃*,121298 (*17)┃2009/09|Beelzebub 2
│*66847 (6)┃*,155233 (*48)┃2008/11|Toriko 2
│*56282 (4)┃*,*80060 (*11)┃2010/02|Anedoki 2
│*54194 (3)┃*,*82141 (*10)┃2009/10|Medaka Box 2
│*46784 (3)┃*,*46784 (**3)┃2012/10|Haikyuu!! 2
│*46211 (3)┃*,149440 (*56)┃2008/08|Nurarihyon no Mago 2
│*38053 (3)┃*,* 75850 (*17)┃2009/07|Kuroko no Basket 2
│*33718 (3)┃*,* 33718 (**3)┃2012/10|Pajama na Kanojo 2
│*30842 (3)┃*,* 48720 (*10)┃2008/10│Double Arts 2
│*28598 (3)┃*,* 49980 (*10)┃2012/03│Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa 2
│*23407 (3)┃*,* 23407 (**3)┃2011/03│ Enigma 2
│*21622 (3)┃*,* 39015 (*10)┃2011/09│ magico 2
│*16684 (4)┃*,* 23542 (*11)┃2009/06│ Inumaru Dashi 2
│*16636 (3)┃*,* 16636 (**3)┃2012/02│ Kurogane 2
│*15447 (5)┃*,* 15447 (**5)┃2010/08│ Yotsuya-Senpai 2
│*15384 (3)┃*,* 26513 (*10)┃2010/04│ Hokenshitsu no Shinigami 2
│*14620 (3)┃*,* 22599 (*10)┃2009/06│ AKABOSHI 2
│*11536 (3)┃*,* 26582 (*10)┃2009/06│ Barihaken 2
│*9,440 (3)┃*,* 9,440 (***3)┃2009/07│ Bokke-San 2
│****** (*)┃*,* 28118 (*18)┃2008/07│ Psyren 2

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------



Jump NEXT! 2012 Summer TOC
Nisekoi (Cover)
Nurarihyon no Mago (Lead CP, 64pg.)
Haikyuu!! (Special Chapter, Full Colour)
SEVEN
Zajiteki Kaibutsu
Special Chapters: Nisekoi, Pajama, Koisome, Saiki, Bulge, Assassin, Takama
Harumeko Youkai Seikatsu (Center Colour)
Instant Heroes
Nigashi Ya
Zero Zero Yon
Saikyo no Susume
14Haro ALL BAIT
Ooedo Punk
Saiyuuki -once again-
Ame nochi Seimu
Magico -magic marriage ceremony- (Ending CP, END)
Gag-cup

Extra Stuff
Nisekoi interchangeable Jump comic cover..................pg.3
Kuroko no Basket voice actors meeting discussions....pg.12
Nurarihyon no Mago & Magico special present ..........pg.16
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top