Agreed, even side characters like Raku's friend and Ruri are likeable and fun to watch. So far there's no character who seems useless and Komi found a good mix of episodic chapters and plot development. Not sure as to how long the series can go on but if he maintains that quality I'm pretty sure Komi has finally created a series that has a good chance of bein the next Jump romcom hit.I've also been enjoying Nisekoi lately. In Double Arts it seemed to me that Komi struggled to create a coherent, linear narrative. What sparkled were his characters. The more episodic nature of Nisekoi has allowed him to focus on the characters and their relationships, the real strengths of his writing. It's a really funny, entertaining manga, and I have also been enjoying it recently.
Btw do you know the last romcom that was (very) successful in Jump? The only two series that come to my mind are To Love-ru and Ichigo 100%
True, there won't be any series canceled soon but if Magico or Kurogane continue to stay at the bottom they're in danger too even though it seems very likely that at least one new series will end.I don't expect any more cancellations until late July or early August, around the time of the next double issue. One series just ended, two more were canceled, so they will probably go about three months without adding any new titles. I would guess that one of the three new series will be the next to end.
Magico is average in my opinion and I'm kinda bored of it, I would rather want to see a new series getting a chance instead of so-so series barely staying alive. On the one hand there were series which only got good later on so maybe I'm judging it too soon but on the other hand I don't see much potential.
Interesting, is there any series you could compare it with?It seems to have been mistyped as a romcon. There is not much comedy to it, after the first chapter or so. It is a fairly serious drama, with a good dose of humor, but definitely not a comedy.





