Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Perhaps, Drmke, perhaps. We've all discussed these issues before, and we're really not going to change our opinions on these issues. I didn't take part in the discussion this time around, but we've seen it lately in the Sensei no Bulge thread and we saw it in the Nisekoi thread, as well as other places.

Perhaps taking a break and relaxing for a bit, without getting worked up, would be better.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I've been asleep for the past few hours so I'm not sure whats been happening but the TOC Negative posted is 100% legit incase anyone is still doubting it. Here it is again but just prettied up a bit and a little bit more information added.


Jump Issue #27 TOC
Bleach (Cover, Lead CP)
Toriko
One Piece
Gintama
Naruto
Koganeiro (Center Colour, Mini Series, 31pg.) <- Artist of Onani Master Kurosawa
Haikyuu!!
Sensei no Bulge (23pg.)
Koisome Momiji
Kurogane (Center Colour)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Nisekoi
Beelzebub
Sket Dance
Nurarihyon no Mago (Center Colour, Character Popularity Contest Results)
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Kuroko no Bakset
Reborn!
Pajama na Kanojo
Magico
Inumaru Dashi (END)

Jump Issue #28 Information
Cover: Nisekoi
Lead CP: Kuroko no Basket
Center Colour: Nisekoi, Haikyuu!!, Bleach
Absent: Gintama

Jump Issue #29 Information
END: Koganeiro

Random Information
- Nisekoi volume 1 was finally restocked on Amazon. It has been one day but since the restocking and its sales have had a massive increase and it is now outselling One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach (on Amazon only -.-)

- Pajama na Kanojo volume 1 is doing really well in early pre-orders. Probably around the same level as Harisugawa

- Haikyuu volume 1 is also doing really well in early pre-orders. It isn't doing as good as Pajama but is still doing really good (better than Magico atleast)

- Nisekoi volume 2 has been doing exceptionally well with its pre-orders, especially the last 3 days. For some random reason, Nisekoi suddenly skyrocketed 4 days ago and has been constanly out pre-ordering the other series that will be releasing the same day as it: Gintama, Nurarihyon, Medaka Box, Toriko and Kuroko.
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
There's a reason why I plead users to use the "topic" thread for re-occurring topics. The discussion here isn't structured for topics[content of chapter] and has a magnitude more pages than the typical chapter discussion. Have fun searching for a post with "end" in it. Or did you feel addressed, because your own words "Pajama first chapters did not really interested me so I stopped reading it rapidly. Nisekoi also tired me. I guess I'm not a jump romcom guy. So I'm not really looking for a 3d one. " Well, I never did in this matter until you quoted me. Let's forget about the word hate and exchange it with unfounded negativism towards the length of romance series. It doesn't matter if it's one, two or a dozen posts like that, it's the assertion on the genre that's annoying.
Why should I feel addressed about what I wrote. Are my comments negative toward a genre ? Do you assume that I don't like romance ? Sorry to disappoint you but I have contributed to several thread of the Shoujo/Josei forum. One of the last thread I created in the manhwa section is about a romance. I've restarted to read Daisy and I'm having fun.
You said today "Do users have to repeat that garbage about short, stagnant romance manga every couple of weeks? ". I just answer you that nobody made such comments recently so I didn't understand where this romance hater crusade comes from.
So the point is that they push romance? They do that after a long lasting drought of those, is this a reason to be so negative about them? Will that enable me to badmouth the other genre when we only get action or comedy next time? I think it's only fair to have one third of new series to be partly romance. Kaiten has a better recollection of those posts as seen above.
The negative comments I recalled about romance were about the excessive amount of this genre in the new Jump serie lately. Nothing else. Though I don't think you can call that badmouthing a genre, you can continue to misinterpret what I wrote to off topic subjects like the good number of romance manga Jump should have.
 
Last edited:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Call it crusade if you like, hate may sound to sharp, but it was you who said I invented those posts, while we have other users testify that those exist. Nor did I asume that you don't like shoujo/josei, I simply asked why you're so intent about this topic/my post.

You recall only these, I recall it being degraded to shortness because of the series genre. And when I'm talking about the amount of romance manga, the only negative thing you seem to recall, it's off-topic. :W

Let's agree to disagree.
 

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I wanted to ask a question ...

you know how many copies are sold on average on amazon? (percentages compared to the total)
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Yeah, the discussion about series with romance and love which is one of the best things in life
and can serve as a channel for teaching many lessons to teenagers should end is really interesting.
Except that it is not.
Funny how people think that romance is destined to fail, did you guys fall out of love a hundred times or something?
Love...is a beautiful journey :wtf
Eh, whatever, just ignore me and keep on going about the statistics when we all know that Nisekoi is doing well.

Bleach getting cp again? Okaaay but can kubo not do stuff like this? I mean, that's a waste of a color page.
I totally agree about what Kaiten said about naruto a few pages there, and now it seems to be even dragging out further and the possibility of moving between fights again :blink
Gintama...can't wait to see that arc animated. Beelzebub seems to be like it's going to be safe for a while since Tamura got back to comedy, I'm fine with that.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
August Scheduled Jump Comic Releases
- Kochikame #181
- One Piece #67
- Beelzebub #17
- Magico #07
- Haikyuu!! #02
- Pajama na Kanojo #02
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
August Scheduled Jump Comic Releases
- Kochikame #181
- One Piece #67
- Beelzebub #17
- Magico #07
- Haikyuu!! #02
- Pajama na Kanojo #02
Minor correction, isn't that supposed to be Beelzebub #16?

--------------

Woah. Nisekoi getting a lead CP. For a new series, it is fast.
 
Last edited:

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Minor correction, isn't that supposed to be Beelzebub #16?
Nope, it's right. Beelzebub #16 will be released in 4 days.
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach getting cp again? Okaaay but can kubo not do stuff like this? I mean, that's a waste of a color page.
I disagree since the 2nd color page has all 13 Captains which makes up for it. Besides the color page shows us important things like the fact thats it daytime as the attack starts and the pillars of Reiastsu have a nice whitish blue tint imo.
 

Bengije

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 31, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
19
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow, good job on sales Nisekoi! I think that's a very good and refreshing story!
I didn't understand why the rank fell a little. I thought 27 was a very good chapter.
 

gananime

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
105
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
Woah. Nisekoi getting a lead CP. For a new series, it is fast.
Nisekoi is not getting a lead CP.It's getting the cover and CP.
Kuroko is getting the lead CP (as posted by Zeromcd and Negative)

I wonder how a series having a cover doesnt feature the lead CP...
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder how a series having a cover doesnt feature the lead CP...
More common than you think. It's not uncommon a more popular series "steal" the cover of a less popular series that gets the Lead CP.
 

Asuka0112

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 23, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
China
More common than you think. It's not uncommon a more popular series "steal" the cover of a less popular series that gets the Lead CP.
Since when Nise became more popular than Bleach?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Call it crusade if you like, hate may sound to sharp, but it was you who said I invented those posts, while we have other users testify that those exist. Nor did I asume that you don't like shoujo/josei, I simply asked why you're so intent about this topic/my post.

You recall only these, I recall it being degraded to shortness because of the series genre. And when I'm talking about the amount of romance manga, the only negative thing you seem to recall, it's off-topic. :W

Let's agree to disagree.
I kept insisting because you kept evading or modifying what I said, that is all. For the hundredth time, there was no negative comments recently that justify such a complaint, so yes you invented it. Don't hide behind users and things which happened age ago please. These users are only Kaiten, and he spoke about chapter 1 of Nisekoi, I'm talking about yesterday.
And yes, the amount of romance in Jump is off-topic because nobody complained about the global amount of romance in Jump. Only about the number of romance in the new series.
And if I may had, Nisekoi is not degraded to shortness because it is a romance but because it is a manga based on a misunderstanding (at least from what i read). I don't say that manga based under misunderstanding are always short, there are some pretty long one, but it's true that they tend to be comedy which I thought was what matto had in mind when he wrote his posts but only him can tell if I'm right.

That's my last point on that subject if it can reassure you.
 
Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Inumaru had been in the line up ever since I've kept track of the TOC so I'm sad to see it go despite never having read it.

I'm not too pleased with Beelzebub and Sket ranked near the danger zone; on the other hand I'm feeling apathetic towards Reborn's ranking tbh.

My current WSJ reading list according to when I've started reading them (longest to most recent): Naruto, Reborn, Sket Dance, Nurarihyon no Mago, One Piece and Beelzebub.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
transcribed for anyone interested:

Bleach
1. Toriko
2. One Piece
3. Gintama
4. Naruto
Koganeiro
5. HQ
Bulge
Momiji
Kurogane
Psi
6. Nisekoi
7. Beelzebub
8. Sket Dance
Mago
9. Kochikame
10. Medaka
11. Reborn
12. Kuroko
13. Pajama
14. Magico
15. Inumaru (end)
Oh thank God, I was going to wonder of Beelze was that low. Its still in the middle, but somehow "7th" position" sounds better than "10th". The second half of the TOC kind of worry me, then again, those series tend to flip flop a lot. Is it just me or is there really no "second tier" in Jump anymore?

I don't have the time nor the will to search through the thread and the last one at that. Some user said it's romance, so it will be stagnant fast, others mentioned they could never go up to 10 volumes because of the plot. That's unfounded claptrap, as there are just as many short action series. Rom-Coms were always part of WSJ, so the resentment of those is silly IMO.

Toriko - Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy
One Piece - Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Super Power
Bleach - Action, Adventure, Super Power
Gintama - Action, Comedy, Parody, Samurai, Sci-Fi
Naruto - Action, Adventure, Martial Arts, Super Power
Koganeiro - One-Shot/s
HQ - Sports
Bulge[new] - Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Momiji[new] - Romance
Kurogane - Action, Comedy, School, Supernatural
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ[Psi] Nan - Comedy, Supernatural
HxH - Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Super Power
Nisekoi[1/2 year] - Comedy, Romance
Beelzebub - Action, Comedy, Demons, School, Supernatural
Sket Dance - Comedy, Drama, School
Mago - Action, Demons, Horror, Supernatural
Kochikame - Comedy, Slice of Life, Police
Medaka Box[3 years] - Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Martial Arts, Romance, School
Reborn - Action, Comedy,, School, Super Power
Kuroko no Basket - Comedy, School, Sports
Pajama na Kanojo[1/8 year] - Comedy, Ecchi, Romance, Supernatural
Magico[2 years] - Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Romance
To have five romance manga out of two dozen manga full of comedy and action, is it that bad? It's not like it was only romance that they did add to the magazine over the last couple years, there were dozens of other comedy, action, adventure and romance manga that were cancelled too.
Its not bad at all. Men and boys read a lot more romance than people give credit for. I mean, look at how big NANA, Kimi ni Todoke, Nodame Cantibale, and Emma have been. They didn't get their popularity on one demographic alone. And not all shonen-geared romance is full of fanservice either. What Weekly Jump is doing is actually promoting a genre that, for the past 10 years or so, its been missing. This makes Jump a way more well-rounded magazine, IMO.

Edit: Yay, Beelzebub vol. 17 will come out on my birthday! xD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Since when Nise became more popular than Bleach?
Since Nisekoi first ranking :)
At least in popularity inside the magazine.

And Nisekoi "stole" Kuroko's cover, not Bleach, so your question is pointless.
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Inumaru had been in the line up ever since I've kept track of the TOC so I'm sad to see it go despite never having read it.

I'm not too pleased with Beelzebub and Sket ranked near the danger zone; on the other hand I'm feeling apathetic towards Reborn's ranking tbh.
I wouldn't call them in the danger zone given there are 3 new series at the moment. The middle of the TOC is not really meaningful until then.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
First Half of 2012 Top Selling Jump Series
*1 13,833,116 ONE PIECE
*2 *3,081,822 NARUTO
*3 *2,721,003 HUNTER×HUNTER
*7 *1,986,502 Bakuman
*8 *1,969,727 Kuroko no Basket
11 *1,655,367 Toriko
12 *1,617,572 Gintama
15 *1,499,322 BLEACH
16 *1,493,600 SKET DANCE
20 *1,186,572 Nurarihyon no Mago
23 **,998,116 REBORN!
28 **,847,868 Beelzebub

------------------------------------------

So, I assume that alot of people here might be confused why there were so many fake TOC's this week. Well....

Ohana anounced 2 weeks ago that she cannot get the new issues of Jump on Wednesday anymore due to problems at the store she purchases them from but then explained that it might be possible a day or 2 later. She was flamed hard and hasn't came back on since.

T is unreliable and probably won't be uploading the TOC's on Wednesday. T had a conversation with Ohana and he said that alot of Shueisha representatives have been enforcing bans on stores that sell Shounen Jump early, but the one he buys his copy from wasn't effected. T still gives spoilers for One Piece, Naruto, Toriko and Gintama but he most likely won't upload the TOC.

From now on we will most likely be getting the TOC from Baidu (Chinese) or T if he decides to do it.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top