Not just lacrosse:
girls lacrosse
I shall definitely read this.
Oh, you... :P
College lacrosse is pretty popular in the mid-Atlantic. Places like North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania. Also a popular youth league and high school sport here. I know a lot of former players. Fun sport.
Yeah, I know, but about nowhere else, although I went to high school in Vermont and a lot of high schools had it. I tried to get our school board to fund it, but they said no because they were being cheap, plus I think it would've brought us to more male teams, which would've then brought in Title IX, and they would've had to find another team sport for females.
All of the college teams that play are from those states. Still, when I think about college lacrosse, my mind immediately goes to the unfortunate circumstances at Duke and the depravity that occurred due to the wildness and everything. That's not a fault of lacrosse, but it's part of the culture to some degree.
If I recall correctly, the one shot was fairly decent, and it sounds like it's a lot more like Haikyuu than a traditional sports series anyway, so it could have promise. The Japanese have really taken to Haikyuu's more slice of life/friendship look at sports.