Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Haikyuu!! is second. Man, this series is great, I am so happy for Furudate. And Komi. Both of them finally got the recognition they deserved this year. I could say I wish Nisekoi to be something else, but for now I am content with the way things are.

Really, an almost perfect ToC if not for another failure of Horikoshi.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Wow, HQ is second :^_^ and Naruto is so low... That's some change. Bottom 5 was quite predictable, except... it was Takama's first chapter?! I really don't like it and the first chapter was horrible, but this low... I don't remember ever seeing a series first chap so low in Jump. Kurogane is back at the bottom 5, I guess it still won't survive.

Assassination Classroom went down, but it was obvious it couldn't stay on the top that much. Well, it seems free from cancellation risk :^_^. Beelzebub deserves to be higher. My guess for the next series to be cancelled is first Takama and then Koisome. New series now seem either to rank really bad or really good. I'm glad for HQ, AC and Nisekoi, they sure are refreshing series.

I'm curious about the lacrosse manga, I didn't read the oneshot so I have no idea if I will like it or not.
 
Last edited:

ClangClang

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
I personally despise ecchi (no offense for fans out there), so I am okay with sport manga with girls as main characters as long as it's not an ecchi. I know girls as main characters in shonen manga has very low chance of not being an ecchi, but Nisekoi doesn't show any ecchi scenes (even if there's one, it's not explicit like To-Love-Ru for example) even though being a romance manga in shonen magazine. So, it's okay for me to hope for it, right?

Which place Reborn! is ranked this week specifically?
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
I think the fans did not appreciate Itachi leaving this world, again.
it's either 591 with dan and sh*#t or 592 reading the scroll ( had nothing important )
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
it's either 591 with dan and sh*#t or 592 reading the scroll ( had nothing important )
The first one had Itachi departing, both had Madara being quite epic. So in my opinion it's either because of Itachi, or because people are fed up with Madara (somehow I doubt that, who knows), or people weren't satisfied with some ETs being released before they really did anything, or they don't like Sasuke softing up.

I think it's more because people are still hyped for the new series though. They probably stole many votes from Naruto (and Bleach for that matter, maybe).
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
i hope it doesn't pull a bleach on us and never recover even if the chapters are EPIC ( like 598 ) :(
 
Last edited:

K H Reborn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2011
Messages
51
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
i hope it doesn't pull a bleach on us and never recover even if the chapters are EPIC ( like 598 ) :(
I highly doubt that, Naruto’s recent chapters were really good . It’s just what darj said the new series stole the top ranks I mean its been a while since 3 new series were this popular in jump .
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Haikyuu!! received extra pages this week as a thanks for the super popularity.
 
Last edited:

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hooray for Hq. That is a much deserved 2nd place. Yes, Naruto's rank is low just be happy it didn't hit 10th or it ended up in the bottom. First Pajama and now Bulge. New series in Jump aren't lasting all that much these days.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Wow, what Naruto chapter was that?
It was 591. The one in which all the Edo Tensei leave except Madara. It was quite a nice chapter, so it's a surprise it's so low.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Ohhh, so that explains why there's been a surge of HQ yaoi fanart all over the internet. xD Glad to see it doing well!

I'm happy Assassination Classroom is doing well. Third place for its first ranking, now fifth for its second. I hope it can keep up! :wtf
 

Lutzinho

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
54
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hooray for Hq. That is a much deserved 2nd place. Yes, Naruto's rank is low just be happy it didn't hit 10th or it ended up in the bottom. First Pajama and now Bulge. New series in Jump aren't lasting all that much these days.
Well, saying that after the succes of new series HQ,Nisekoi, AC and PSI just doesn't sound right to me...
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
i hope it doesn't pull a bleach on us and never recover even if the chapters are EPIC ( like 598 ) :(
With Tobi's identity probably being revealed in the next chapter(s), I think the fans will get more excited so for the moment I don't think it will happen.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Pretty interesting TOC, from what I recall this is the first time that much relatively new series are at the top. HQ, Nisekoi and AC are good series which totally deserve a good ranking. Sometimes I really wonder about some series ranks but I totally agree with the japanese Jump readers this time. This trend shall continue :hee

Naruto's ranking is surprising and made me think of Bleach instantly but I doubt it will suffer the same fate - As long as it stays in the single digits everything is okay with me. Seriously, new series ranking that high is an awesome trend. Naruto, One Piece and Toriko don't always being at the top would make everything a lot more interesting.

Hooray for Hq. That is a much deserved 2nd place. Yes, Naruto's rank is low just be happy it didn't hit 10th or it ended up in the bottom. First Pajama and now Bulge. New series in Jump aren't lasting all that much these days.
Depends on what you mean with these days. The last serialization row was rather bad, only Koisome is still hanging in there. The one before was a total hit though: Nisekoi, Hq and PSI are doing exceptionally well. AC seems to be doing well too. Let's see how things will go from here but I'm certainly looking forward to that Lacrosse manga :cheez
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Hooray for Hq. That is a much deserved 2nd place. Yes, Naruto's rank is low just be happy it didn't hit 10th or it ended up in the bottom. First Pajama and now Bulge. New series in Jump aren't lasting all that much these days.
While that's true for some new series, there have been surprising successes. So like I already said new series seem either to rank very badly or very well.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Using a 8 weeks average TOC rank ( without color page ), Toriko, Naruto, Nisekoi and AssClass are really clos this issue (5, 5, 5.4, 5.6) the next serie after them Psi is quite behind with "only" 7.2
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think Naruto's ranking drop will just be a 1 week thing.

Unlike Bleach which was having serious decline in sales, the past 2 volumes of Naruto have been the best and fastest selling in the entire series.

│*618737 (3)│*855758│*918583│*952072│*976138┃1,152,871 (241)┃2010/05|NARUTO 51
│*846206 (5)│1007569│1063820│1094042│1113307┃1,209,750 (145)┃2010/08|NARUTO 52
│*819243 (4)│*973473│1030345│1067013│----------┃1,122,247 (*53)┃2010/11|NARUTO 53
│*694023 (5)│*910636│*981289│1026437│1051326┃1,229,170 (327)┃2011/01|NARUTO 54
│*650587 (4)│*848603│*943717│*976846│*997927┃1,131,672 (214)┃2011/04|NARUTO 55
│*538406 (3)│*756666│*837416│*880292│*909219┃1,060,121 (171)┃2011/06|NARUTO 56
│*716937 (4)│*894492│*961120│*993475│1013587┃1,090,567 (109)┃2011/08|NARUTO 57
│*704610 (3)│*877012│*933239│*966213│----------┃*,966,213 (*24)┃2011/11|NARUTO 58
│*668680 (3)│*881727│*946792│*989790│1013990┃1,013,990 (*31)┃2012/02|NARUTO 59
│*847826 (5)│*992990│1045584│1079979│1102222┃1,117,766 (*40)┃2012/05|NARUTO 60
│*706697 (3)│1016150│1115161│1164161│----------┃1,164,161 (*24)┃2012/07|NARUTO 61
 

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
This week ansatsu is 6th? well the second chapter was a bit boring, hope the next week have a nice central page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top