Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, saying that after the succes of new series HQ,Nisekoi, AC and PSI just doesn't sound right to me...
Depends on what you mean with these days. The last serialization row was rather bad, only Koisome is still hanging in there. The one before was a total hit though: Nisekoi, Hq and PSI are doing exceptionally well. AC seems to be doing well too. Let's see how things will go from here but I'm certainly looking forward to that Lacrosse manga :cheez
Well I meant to say some new series aren't lasting long.

While that's true for some new series, there have been surprising successes. So like I already said new series seem either to rank very badly or very well.
Yeah that's what I meant to say.


Two new series gone in back to back weeks. Well I knew Pajama was going to be short but Bulge was good until ch.10. Takamagahara look it will be up on the chopping block next. I actually Koisome Momiji, hope it sticks around a little longer.
 

clydu94

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
61
Gender
Male
Country
France
Naruto finally where it deserved to be long ago. I can't wait to see the future ranking of the current chapter.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Naruto finally where it deserved to be long ago. I can't wait to see the future ranking of the current chapter.
Hopefully it will have a Lead or Center CP so that everyone is disappointed.
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Naruto finally where it deserved to be long ago. I can't wait to see the future ranking of the current chapter.
yeah yeah yeah, anyways i think after this chapter it will go back to where it deserves " top 3 "

i'm really loving the ranking of all the new ones, way to go HQ! assassination classroom is great i hope it returns to the top 3 as well
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Is it just me, or does the promo art for Cross Manage look slightly more generic in style than the one shot? Oh well, still looks fine and as long as the story is good...
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Girl became extremely cute, guy became extremely ugly. I guess it's worth it.
The girl looks pretty much the same to me. But the guy as a ugly guy... I found it a little disappointing. I've really liked he as handsome guy, doing nothing, being lazy and having girls fallen for him.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Girl became extremely cute, guy became extremely ugly. I guess it's worth it.
Girl looks the same. I don't know why Kaito went the other direction with guy though.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Heh, it's been a long time since I read sport series, but probably I'll give Haikyuu and Cross Manage a try. I like the Cross Manage one shot, and while talking about girls lacrosse, I think the drama within it is nice too.

Wait, is there any info what's the story of Retsu!! Date Senpai?
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
The girl looks pretty much the same to me. But the guy as a ugly guy... I found it a little disappointing. I've really liked he as handsome guy, doing nothing, being lazy and having girls fallen for him.
After having read the one-shot, I think the author wanted to make the hero a bit less...perfect. Not saying he's a Gary-Stu, but...yeah, he kind of was. Hopefully that'll change in the series. Its ok to have a good-looking harem lead, but there should be something more to his personality other than "Jerk with a heart of gold", you know?

Damnit, I wasn't expecting it to be so overtly romantic. -_-; The oneshot feels more like the author used lacrosse as an excuse rather than it actually be the premise of the story.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Damnit, I wasn't expecting it to be so overtly romantic. -_-; The oneshot feels more like the author used lacrosse as an excuse rather than it actually be the premise of the story.
This is what actually makes Cross Manage stand out for me. It doesn't focus on the sports, sports are just a stepping stone for the character development to happen.

Haikyuu!! has less of that, but still takes its character interactions over the sport competition. If this a new Jump sport manga trend, I welcome it with open hands.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
This is what actually makes Cross Manage stand out for me. It doesn't focus on the sports, sports are just a stepping stone for the character development to happen.

Haikyuu!! has less of that, but still takes its character interactions over the sport competition. If this a new Jump sport manga trend, I welcome it with open hands.
It's actually more or less what Adachi is doing. And seeing Adachi-like manga in Jump is a big plus in my book.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
:wtf I've been woeful that there aren't many sports manga that are about girls playing instead of boys. I really really hope its good. Wait, screw that, I wish I lived in Japan so I could vote for it to survive. T_T
I can think of a few series, mostly by shoujo artists, but not many. A hot blooded, female Jump hero is unusual enough.

As long as it's not full of ecchi, I'm looking forward to it too. But it's a shounen so...
There was a little fanservice at the beginning of the one shot, but nothing to bad. The rest of the story was not ecchi.

After having read the one-shot, I think the author wanted to make the hero a bit less...perfect. Not saying he's a Gary-Stu, but...yeah, he kind of was. Hopefully that'll change in the series. Its ok to have a good-looking harem lead, but there should be something more to his personality other than "Jerk with a heart of gold", you know?

Damnit, I wasn't expecting it to be so overtly romantic. -_-; The oneshot feels more like the author used lacrosse as an excuse rather than it actually be the premise of the story.
I also read the one shot today and really enjoyed it. Quite a heartfelt story, the human aspect was really well done. If the serialization follows suit Cross Manage should have a good emotional backbone supporting the action. Crammed into a single chapter, sports definitely was secondary. Over the course of a serial I expect it to be more central. Googz compared it to Adachi, and I have to agree. Adachi always used sports (mostly baseball) as a metaphor for life. His manga mix slice of life and sports, with games always being climatic with the story progressing during the slice of life scenes. I could imagine Cross Manage progressing in a similar manner.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I wonder if the 2 letters difference with Cross game is on purpose...
With the change of design of the main boy, I'm not sure the love trio of the one shot will stay.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

The TOC rank figure since it has a nice configuration this week.
One Piece is all alone over there...
 
Last edited:

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Just a quick TOC update for Reborn! fans ~

Jump Issue #40 TOC
Bleach (Cover & Lead CP)
One Piece
Haikyuu!! (Extra Pages)
PSI Kusuo Saiki (Center Colour)
Toriko
Sket Dance
Nisekoi
Assassination Classroom
INPWEAR CODE (Center Colour, Golden Future Cup Oneshot, 47pg.)
Naruto
Kuroko no Basket
Gintama
Kochikame
Medaka Box (Center Colour)
Beelzebub
Reborn! <--------------
Kurogane
Koisome Momiji
Takamagahara
Sensei no Bulge
Pajama na Kanojo (END)

Jump Issue #41 Information
Lead CP/New Series: Retsu!!! Date-Senpai (32pg.)
Center Colour: Kuroko no Basket, Assassination Classroom
END: Sensei no Bulge


Jump Issue #42 Information
Lead CP/New Series: Cross Manage

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

I can think of a few series, mostly by shoujo artists,
The author of Cross Manage is female.
 

jose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
91
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
They ended 3 series and only 2 start?

one space left, hxh will be back soon?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top