Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2013-2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 3 | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2013-2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Txapeldun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
for example:

price for one piece vol. 68 @amazon:

italy: 3,91€
france: 6,56€
spain: 6,60€
uk: 5.24£ -> 6,30€
germany: 5,95€

price for highschool of the dead vol. 6 FULL COLOR @amazon:

italy: 15,49€
france: 16,77€
spain: 16,53€
uk: 13.45£ -> 16,12€
germany: 17,90€
I'm pretty sure that the 6'60€ one is a paperback edition.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Here in Brazil a Highschool of the DEAD Full Color volume costs R$ 24,95 ($ 10,94 or 8,09 €), sounds cheap considering the price in euros, but is quite expensive for us. The price depends on the economical situation of the country as well.

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But Will world trigger and Shokugeki have a crossover manga or it's only a publicity about new volumes?

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
But Will world trigger and Shokugeki have a crossover manga or it's only a publicity about new volumes?
They haven't revealed the entire content of the campaing yet. I hope that they reveal some CPs and special chapters (crossover or not) for both series. Next week there will be a poster, it is already something. :)

BobLeNolife

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It feels weird that World Trigger gets same treatment as Souma.
The Shokugeki no sōma twitter account retweeted some tweet from the World Trigger account. Since twitter account are controlled ​​by the manga editor, I think both manga have the same editor.

Last edited:

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
If WT will go on in this way,I think it will get a cover for his first anniversary

101nemesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
If WT will go on in this way,I think it will get a cover for his first anniversary
Yeah. I think the possibility is increasing bit by bit. JUMP is certainly pushing it however way they can, which I don't mind. Maybe they think promoting it along with the likes of Soma would get it more attention. All are advertising strategies that would usually help in gaining a bigger audience for that product/series.

My question is whether new series got such a push, say about more than 5 years back?

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Shokugeki no sōma twitter account retweeted some tweet from the World Trigger account. Since twitter account are controlled ​​by the manga editor, I think both manga have the same editor.
A lot of the official manga series' twitter accounts do that, though. I've seen the HQ and AC accounts retweet each other, WT and Soma...

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
seems like people very underestimate how difficult is a new manga get a cover of Jump, even if is popular or have anniversary, Kuroko, Medaka and Sket Dance just have a second cover after 3 years of publication and with anime announced.

I not talking that is impossible, but is very difficult to World Trigger get a cover, but i like if happens

Last edited:

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
seems like people very underestimate how difficult is a new manga get a cover of Jump, even if is popular or have anniversary, Kuroko, Medaka and Sket Dance just have a second cover after 3 years of publication and with anime announced.

I not talking that is impossible, but is very difficult to World Trigger get a cover, but i like if happens
Times are changed now,and series go better than Kuroko and Medaka in their times.

Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Times are changed now,and series go better than Kuroko and Medaka in their times.
World Trigger not, and times not changed now, Shonen Jump continues with the same approach with new series as usual.

Last edited:

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Author's comments for those interested.

Also, Seiya manga is going to be going digital.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
That is in case the series flops from the get-go, since now that Naruto's end is pretty much in sight since Haikyuu and AC you can feel that Jump is hot for the next 1M seller and thus tries to promote anything that doesn't sink like a rock quite a bit more than before.
I might be wrong since I get this as a feeling while I haven't reread the TOC's from 2009 and 2010 in order to compare Soma or Haikyuu's color amount with Mago and Bakuman which I consider to be of more or less equal status and I do remember Mago getting lots of extra pages but for instance WT getting the amount of color it has is really a big push for a series that haven't reached 50K, Psyren didn't get close to that in terms of promotion and was surviving in just as tough as environment with Bleach still dominating and OP cutting close to the war arc and sold more albeit being quite close on sales, IIRC vol. 3 sold 50K~ but the magazine really didn't have a reason to promote something other than Toriko in order to make a 4th mega-hit and now the objective is different since 3 out of the 5 highest selling series have their end in either a very near sight (KnB, Naruto, Bleach although the latter could take 2-3 years)

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
We are assuming that since WSJ has this WT promotion thing going on, it's not impossible for WT to be given a cover. Of course, it maybe a small chance but that chance is slowly increasing with the steady ranks and possibly increasing sales.

now the objective is different since 3 out of the 5 highest selling series have their end in either a very near sight (KnB, Naruto, Bleach although the latter could take 2-3 years)
Is Kuroko really gonna end soon? I keep seeing people talk about this.

kewl0210

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kuroko's at the finals of this big important tournament where they're playing the main antagonist, last time I checked a few weeks ago
HTML:
. It could end after that, or the author could decide to go in sort of a "Part 2" sort of story or some such thing after the primary goal's been reached.

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is Kuroko really gonna end soon? I keep seeing people talk about this.
I think people assume Kuroko going to end since they are currently in finals. But, I'm kind of skeptical that Kuroko going to end.

Gurido

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I think people assume Kuroko going to end since they are currently in finals. But, I'm kind of skeptical that Kuroko going to end.
I think Fujumaki and Togashi (former KnB Editor) talked about a Japan vs USA or National Team arc in an interview. Could be possible

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think Fujumaki and Togashi (former KnB Editor) talked about a Japan vs USA or National Team arc in an interview. Could be possible
I hope he doesn't; I don't want to see Kuroko becomes like the second Eyeshield 21. I rather him to do Kuroko's full 3 years of high school.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is that means Shueisha still has a right for Saint Seiya?
Well, at the least it means that Viz still have publishing rights. Shueisha's a tougher question, in that seiya titles have been published elsewhere, but they're credited under the copyright on that printed page. maybe it's just an "original publisher" type thing, but I can't help but wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.