Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2013-2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Looks as though, the announcement might be for HQ!!'s anime.
 

rampeg

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
296
Reaction score
85
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
oh noooo... my eyes *_* Beelzebub is the dead last on this week toc eh ???

i wonder if beelze will survive :gwah
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Soma and Saiki that low AND High Kyuu!! bouncing right up to the top? I mean I love High Kyuu!! but that leaves me more than a little sceptical.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I love it when I get immediately shut up. Huzzah High Kyuu!! Sweet-as cover for Kuroko as well
 

Namekuseijin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Jaco didn't ended?
judging by Toriyama's comments i think it did...
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
A Uncommon TOC except by One Piece and Assassination Classroom in the first places. Haiykuu!! rise very much in only one week, it was in the dead last at issue 42. o.o I have the feeling that it had hands of the editors, but whatever, I like Haikyuu!!. Gintama in 4th after a long time.

Shokugeki no Soma has a good arc's end, but I don't disagree with the ranking, it didn't have emotion as the rest of the arc, but it will rise up next week probably when starts Karaage arc.

Beelzebub isn't going well for months or even years, tankobons sales are decreasing, too, this time has various new series to be cancelled, but if I were Tamura I'd do something.

Seems that "big news" was Haikyuu!! anime...
Almost I confuse 31 Heroes with Jaco. hahahaha
 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'm not entirely sure who I should be more pissed at in terms of Beelzebub: the readers/editors for losing all faith in the series, or Tamura for not bothering to address the cliffhanging he's developed over the past few years.

Though I think I've leaned towards the latter a lot.
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The voice actors for upcoming Ansatsu Kyoushitsu OVA is announced; it looks like they changed from vomic.

- Korosensei = Seki Tomokazu
- Shiota Nagisa = Touyama Nao
- Kayano Kaede = Taketasu Ayana
- Akabane Karuma = Okamoto Nobuhiko
- Sugino Tomohito = Honjou Yuutarou
- Kanzaki Yukiko = Satou Rina
- Karasuma Tadaomi = Suwabe Junichi
- Irina Jelavić = Horie Yui
- Red Eye = Miki Shinichirou

Also, it looks like the OVA going to focus on the Kyouto arc.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For a series get good positions not only depend on if the series is good, but if it is better than the others. I don't think that the readers lost the faith in the series, not so long, at Furuichi's arc, Beelzebub had good rankings. Tamura only have to do something that attracts interest of the readers and make them vote in it.
I don't read all series of the Jump, but by what I read, I have to agree with the japaneses, Beelzebub is less interesting than the others.
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
> short toc
> popularity pool
> cover of NEXT so it will be basically on every cover of september and october's issues
> more than 250.000 copies every volume
> strong fanzine market
> fujoshi

Yep HQ is in danger.

The big announce is the HQ anime, but don't mind me I'm just a fella who thinks that TOC really matters for new series and the ones aging badly (ehm Beelzebub, Mago, Medaka)
Don't mind me I'm just gloating here. This is a post from like 20 days ago.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I don't read all series of the Jump, but by what I read, I have to agree with the japaneses, Beelzebub is less interesting than the others.
I agree with you. The last arc was, honestly, boring; so, I don't think Tamura shouldn't do the serious battle arc.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
The voice actors for upcoming Ansatsu Kyoushitsu OVA is announced; it looks like they changed from vomic.

- Korosensei = Seki Tomokazu
- Shiota Nagisa = Touyama Nao
- Kayano Kaede = Taketasu Ayana
- Akabane Karuma = Okamoto Nobuhiko
- Sugino Tomohito = Honjou Yuutarou
- Kanzaki Yukiko = Satou Rina
- Karasuma Tadaomi = Suwabe Junichi
- Irina Jelavić = Horie Yui
- Red Eye = Miki Shinichirou

Also, it looks like the OVA going to focus on the Kyouto arc.
:wtf I really hope the animation studio does a good job. I think its great they decided to pick an arc from the middle of the series -- you're able to get a feel for what its about. Plus Red Eye's chapter was hilarious!

For a series get good positions not only depend on if the series is good, but if it is better than the others. I don't think that the readers lost the faith in the series, not so long, at Furuichi's arc, Beelzebub had good rankings. Tamura only have to do something that attracts interest of the readers and make them vote in it.
I don't read all series of the Jump, but by what I read, I have to agree with the japaneses, Beelzebub is less interesting than the others.
I think Beelzebub yo-yos a lot. Like, it tries to cover so many different things, that its readers go in and out in terms of reading it. Sales rose during the Akumano Academy arc, then dropped during the Okinawa Arc. Then it rose during the Tissues Arc, and then dropped during the Christmas Arc. Now its been around the same for the past three volumes.

I think the weirdest thing about Beelzebub's ranking is that the arc still went on for like SEVEN MORE CHAPTERS. Tamura has done rush jobs on arcs he needs to finish. Like the Tissues arc got shoehorned in with the beginning of the Christmas Arc. But its like with this arc he went completely the opposite. From what I remember the chapter being ranked is "Bloom"...man did people complain about that chapter.

*shrugs* I still liked most of the Takamiya Arc. But I'm glad its over. I want to hope this current arc picks up fandom's interest again.

@FOAM -- Honestly considering Beelzebub is first and foremost a gag manga I've never taken the cliffhanging seriously.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
@FOAM -- Honestly considering Beelzebub is first and foremost a gag manga I've never taken the cliffhanging seriously.
I was gonna do my whole "sitcoms aren't gags" thing here, but.... Beelzebub's a hard one to pin down. Like it's plot-driven one arc, gag-driven the next, it's all over the place in the best way.... Which might explain why readers aren't so hot on it with how rapidly it flits between the two nowadays.

But ah well, it's been a middling series for a while now, and I'm just hoping that Tamura continues moving things forward with his endgame (though more weird plots like the mini-furuichis along the way would be *super* nice)
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Beelzebub is weak as a magical delinquent action which has nothing on Shonen Champion line up.

However, it's damn great as a comedy. Tamura has some problems realizing what his forte is.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
So the big news coming next week is anime news that broke three days ago. Well played Jump, well played.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think that Fujimaki is doing lead color page like One piece ones from last Cover.I hope not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top