Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Interesting first week.

405482 (6) 493743„ 529014„ ------„ ------„«*,627,996 (167) 2013/06 volume 59
255363 (3) 436482„ 493138„ ------„ ------„«*,581,422 (108) 2013/08 volume 60
361988 (5) 468608„ 505811„ ------„ ------„«*,505,811 (*19) 2013/12 volume 61
387662 (6) ------„ ------„ ------„ ------„«*,387,662 (**6) 2014/03 volume 62

I wonder how much before Bleach falls out of the charts
this volume's first week is more than volume 60 and 61.
I predict about same as the previous volume.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Interesting first week.

405482 (6) 493743„ 529014„ ------„ ------„«*,627,996 (167) 2013/06 volume 59
255363 (3) 436482„ 493138„ ------„ ------„«*,581,422 (108) 2013/08 volume 60
361988 (5) 468608„ 505811„ ------„ ------„«*,505,811 (*19) 2013/12 volume 61
387662 (6) ------„ ------„ ------„ ------„«*,387,662 (**6) 2014/03 volume 62

I wonder how much before Bleach falls out of the charts
this volume's first week is more than volume 60 and 61.
I'm looking forward to see if the volume will sell more or less than v61 before falling out of top 50...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Reach 200k in the first week is very good increase in the sales, now reach 300k is not just speculation. :)
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Is that means that is a concrete evidence for the existence of 8 weeks rule?
So you are saying that every time some series gets a cover, it was voted 1st 8 weeks before?
If that was true, we should have a lot of consecutive One Piece and Naruto alternating covers... or Dragon Ball's covers for years. I thought it was common sense that a cover was an editorial decisions based on high popularity but not implying in exactly first place.
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
So you are saying that every time some series gets a cover, it was voted 1st 8 weeks before?
If that was true, we should have a lot of consecutive One Piece and Naruto alternating covers... or Dragon Ball's covers for years. I thought it was common sense that a cover was an editorial decisions based on high popularity but not implying in exactly first place.
No, no, no.
Covers don't count. The first ranked is the "second one", the one after the cover series.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
TLR;D sold 330k~ in the last volume, not out of reach if you ask me.

Not excepting to see nisekoi vol 11 reach 300k while on ranking, but I'm quite sure vol 12 can get there.
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I predict he second week to bring quite similar results to Vol. 10's second week. I'm curious about whether it can surpass the chart number of Mago which topped after the anime at 284K, that I would say, will be an amazing feat.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Don't forget one important aspect, nisekoi 10 had less days on sale at the time of the second week. Nisekoi vol 11 almost got one full week. But I agree xD, the anime push is stronger now and should make up for what I said.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Don't forget one important aspect, nisekoi 10 had less days on sale at the time of the second week. Nisekoi vol 11 almost got one full week. But I agree xD, the anime push is stronger now and should make up for what I said.
Nah, I don't think so. I think the second week's sale will not be as high as you expected.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Not excepting to see nisekoi vol 11 reach 300k while on ranking, but I'm quite sure vol 12 can get there.
About 300k (I don't care if it's exact) while it is charting is within reach. It's at 200K after one week. Adding another 100K won't take long. It's hard to make a prediction based on volume nine and ten, since they came out at the end of a chart period.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Nah, I don't think so. I think the second week's sale will not be as high as you expected.
What am I even saying? lol

I predicted 285k in 3 weeks not 2... fail.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What am I even saying? lol

I predicted 285k in 3 weeks not 2... fail.
Not too sure; I think it is too early to conclude that it'll rank in 3rd week as well.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
About 300k (I don't care if it's exact) while it is charting is within reach. It's at 200K after one week. Adding another 100K won't take long. It's hard to make a prediction based on volume nine and ten, since they came out at the end of a chart period.
I think it needs 4 weeks to get there, irl I'm 100% sure it will do it by that week (if not before of course) but it might not be while on ranking.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Not too sure; I think it is too early to conclude that it'll rank in 3rd week as well.
I'm quite sure it will do it, nisekoi 10 missed the 4th week by 1-5 places.


----------

Sorry about the spamming guesses btw.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
For comparison:

Nanatsu #7 sold 180,407 copies it's first week, a little less than Nisekoi. It's second week sales were 44,640 copies. Let's, for the sake of argument, say Nisekoi sold the exact same number of copies in it's second week. That would already put volume eleven at 242,792 copies, only another 57,208. That would only take a two or three more weeks to earn. It is doable. I chose Nanatsu #7 because it's first week sales were similar to Nisekoi #11. Because Nanatsu's sales were a little lower, it allowed for a more conservative estimate.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think it needs 4 weeks to get there, irl I'm 100% sure it will do it by that week (if not before of course) but it might not be while on ranking.
Well, that's obvious. If it didn't make it by end of this year, then there's some problems there.

I quite sure it will do it, nisekoi 10 missed the 4th week by 1-5 places.
Why do you think it missed by 1-5 places?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think it needs 4 weeks to get there, irl I'm 100% sure it will do it by that week (if not before of course) but it might not be while on ranking.
It might not, but it could. Two to three chart periods was typical for volumes from before the anime. Volume eleven could last longer on the charts. A lot also depends on the cut off over the next few weeks. A low cut off might keep Nisekoi in the charts longer.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well, that's obvious. If it didn't make it by end of this year, then there's some problems there.



Why do you think it missed by 1-5 places?
I'm saying it will do it by the 4th week.. not that it will do it this year. (not sure if you got what I mean.. just making sure..)

In that daily thing site, the weekly for nisekoi vol 10 4th week was 48th place and it's never too far off.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
In that daily thing site, the weekly for nisekoi vol 10 4th week was 48th place and it's never too far off.
You shouldn't really believe that site too much; the high part (like up to top 30) is pretty accurate, but the low part is pretty unaccurate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top