- Joined
- Jul 12, 2013
- Messages
- 2,572
- Reaction score
- 2,467
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I just finished reading Illegal Rare. It is definitely more darker series than Nurarihyon no Mago.
In which site did you read it, please?I just finished reading Illegal Rare. It is definitely more darker series than Nurarihyon no Mago.
Yup, it's definitely darker and more "mature" per se. 1st chapter definitely got me interestedI just finished reading Illegal Rare. It is definitely more darker series than Nurarihyon no Mago.
Seems too dark and too mature for this magazine, will he ever smile? Would stick around for just that moment. Otherwise Licking blood, and girl getting clothes ripped off nearly fully uncovered in the first chapter in a way thats done in a awkward way of pain. This wont last at all.Yup, it's definitely darker and more "mature" per se. 1st chapter definitely got me interested
Well, I'm not sure just being too dark and mature going to determine that this series going to end. Jump did had many dark and mature series and they did experience success of it.Seems too dark and too mature for this magazine, will he ever smile? Would stick around for just that moment. Otherwise Licking blood, and girl getting clothes ripped off nearly fully uncovered in the first chapter in a way thats done in a awkward way of pain. This wont last at all.
I'd say it is darker than DN.Comparing with Death note, is it darker?
Well, it is difficult to say. Do you think mystery/suspense is darker than dark fantasy/action?Comparing with Death note, is it darker?
Can't say, it really depends xDWell, it is difficult to say. Do you think mystery/suspense is darker than dark fantasy/action?
Exactly, it really hard to say. For me, I think Death Note is more darker than Illegal Rare.Can't say, it really depends xD
That sounds more like a personal hangup than a legitimate complaint though. I don't mean to be picky but that is analogous with saying 'I don't like ____ about this series, so no one else will and therefore it will be cancelled.' Which is something that tends to happen with new series a lot. It's been one chapter. Lets revisit this issue when the first volume is out and we actually have an idea of where the story is going? Though I guess my suggestion will probably fall on deaf ears and if/when it is cancelled, the 'I told you so' crowd will pop their collars in misguided and unfounded praise of themselves. ....Just another day in the WSJ thread I guess.Seems too dark and too mature for this magazine, will he ever smile? Would stick around for just that moment. Otherwise Licking blood, and girl getting clothes ripped off nearly fully uncovered in the first chapter in a way thats done in a awkward way of pain. This wont last at all.
Dont series already receive notification of ending before the first volume sometimes even released? Seems a bit too late to wait until then.That sounds more like a personal hangup than a legitimate complaint though. I don't mean to be picky but that is analogous with saying 'I don't like ____ about this series, so no one else will and therefore it will be cancelled.' Which is something that tends to happen with new series a lot. It's been one chapter. Lets revisit this issue when the first volume is out and we actually have an idea of where the story is going? Though I guess my suggestion will probably fall on deaf ears and if/when it is cancelled, the 'I told you so' crowd will pop their collars in misguided and unfounded praise of themselves. ....Just another day in the WSJ thread I guess.
I read it and it seems pretty WSJ. The story is pretty WSJ, the characters are pretty WSJ, and the action is pretty WSJ. If it is to be cancelled, I think it's because it doesn't really stand out among the WSJ action crowd more than it being too mature. (What does that mean anyway?) Flinging around the word 'mature' and 'dark' to describe vague concepts that are ill defined to begin with is nonsensical to me. Especially since for one thing this issue of Jump is not out in Japan yet, and even if it were it's the first chapter. (Gotta emphasize that.)
I really should stay out of this thread....
I think it would be interesting to see if those readers in that age group truly do want dark disturbing mature series in this magazine. I just think they easily have other magazines out there to cater to their needs.You all know that about 64% of Jump readers are 16, or older? About 24% are 25 or older. Readers older than 25 years old actually make up Jump's largest single demographic. The next largest is 19 - 24, making up about 23% of their readers. That means 47% of their readers are adults, 19 years old or older. There is nothing in Illegal Rare that adults would find "dark" or "disturbing". It's a gothic style fantasy manga with a little bit of blood and fanservice, things that don't seem to bother even younger Japanese fans. Genre probably hurts Illegal Rare more than tone. Fantasy and supernatural (along with tournament style action) have not done well recently. Assassination Classroom is the only recent hit that could be loosely considered supernatural, but I doubt magic and fantasy are it's main source of appeal. World Trigger seems to be establishing itself, but it is more sci-fi (a genre under represented in Jump), and calling it a hit might be a little premature. Since Toriko, in 2008, most of Jump's hits have been in non-fantasy and action genres. Sket Dance, Bakuman, Kuroko, Nisekoi, Haikyuu, and Soma are all genre and styles that tend to appeal to 16 - 30 year old readers in Japan. Soul Catcher(s) has important supernatural elements, but in the service of school life, not fantasy or action, manga. Illegal Rare will need to appeal to older readers to survive. By the raws, it does not look like the type of series older Japanese readers typically read. With a limited number of younger readers, it is doubtful that Illegal Rare will be able to rely on action, fantasy, and supernatural fans for votes.