Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
855
Reaction score
692
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Iron Knight survived this cancellation round after all? Or do you think it's still possible for IK to end next week?
Unless it had one of the most rushed final chapters ever, it survived cancellation. There is no reason for them to cancel it at this point as they only needed to end 3 series to make space. Keeping it until next round gives it a fair chance, and gives one more possible buffer to the newest series.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The 10th Year Anniversary Project for Death Note is announced; it is the collaboration with Real Escape Game (popular event in Japan). But, it said part 1, so there going to be more projects coming-up.
Would be great if it's only about part 1 of the series though. :P
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Death Note countdown clock thingy's still counting down with about 5 days to go:
http://www.j-deathnote.com/

Given the fact that they went so far as to make a website with a countdown clock, I don't think their plan was to give the news through a Shounen Jump ad. Especially since I'm pretty sure Shuueisha's aware that news from the magazine always leaks early. I could be wrong, of course.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The Death Note countdown clock thingy's still counting down with about 5 days to go:
http://www.j-deathnote.com/

Given the fact that they went so far as to make a website with a countdown clock, I don't think their plan was to give the news through a Shounen Jump ad. Especially since I'm pretty sure Shuueisha's aware that news from the magazine always leaks early. I could be wrong, of course.
The project going to announce on the March 3 (at the same day as the official release date for Issue 13). So, that's most likely the current announcement and the further information going to release later.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
probably wrong, because they never cared before that it could leak. I hope there is more to it because at least now i'm disappointed in the announcement.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He has a really pretty face (lead). The other looks like he'll be the really fired up type. I wonder if the lead is calm and collected cool guy type?
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Since there are too many unranked series, made a Pure ToC to easier recognize the rankings.

01. One Piece
02. Naruto
03. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu

04. Shokugeki no Souma
05. World Trigger
06. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
07. Isobe Isobee Monogatari
08. Kuroko no Basket
09. Soul Catcher(S)
10. Gintama
11. Bleach
12. Iron Knight


- 4 issues until Illegal Rare is ranked
- 5 issues until iShoujo is ranked
- 6 issues until Stealth Symphony is ranked
- 7 issues until Tokyo Wonders Boys is ranked
- not ranked due to CPs: HQ, Nisekoi
- not ranked due to having no chapter 7 issues ago: Toriko
- never ranked: Kochikame
 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Wait wait wait, World Trigger is fifth?! Lol I though it was sixth... I think this is the highest position ever since it's ranking in top 3 in its first 20 chapters isn't it?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wait wait wait, World Trigger is fifth?! Lol I though it was sixth... I think this is the highest position ever since it's ranking in top 3 in its first 20 chapters isn't it?
No, in issue two and three (2014) (see first post this topic) it was fifth and third.
 
Last edited:

korshunxD

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
167
Reaction score
223
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
In 15st volume of Jump "Toriko" not ranked.
In 16st volume of Jump "Toriko" and "World Trigger" not ranked.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
These correspond to chapters when Toriko wasn't in the magazine, remember. If it's 8 weeks. Or maybe it's from the week Jump was off. I forget. Anyhow, don't take single low ranks too seriously.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Iron Knight survived this cancellation round after all? Or do you think it's still possible for IK to end next week?
I think it will get the typical 18-19 chapter axe.
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
These correspond to chapters when Toriko wasn't in the magazine, remember. If it's 8 weeks. Or maybe it's from the week Jump was off. I forget. Anyhow, don't take single low ranks too seriously.
Ah yes, I forgot to check which series were absent 8 issues ago. Removed Toriko from the list

EDIT: mistake, 7th ^^;
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

26. Kakuriyo Monogatari #2 (32,759)
27. Gintama #53 (32,033 / 301,671)
32. Shokugeki no Souma #6 (28,448 / 277,726)
36. Isobe Isobee Monogatari~Ukiyo wa Tsuraiyo~ #1 (25,777 / 50,167)
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Shokugeki so close to the 300K, I want to see it break that mark already and it probably will either next week or next volume in 3rd week like now.
Great second week for Isobe, at that pace with probably another re-print who knows how well will it do especially for it's genre!
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Those Isobe Isobee Monogatari~Ukiyo wa Tsuraiyo~ sales are most impressive I think considering its volume number and such. Thats like even better than World Trigger and Soul Catcher(s) debut.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Those Isobe Isobee Monogatari~Ukiyo wa Tsuraiyo~ sales are most impressive I think considering its volume number and such. Thats like even better than World Trigger and Soul Catcher(s) debut.
It is much better than their debut, iirc they didn't even chart.
 

N0R7H

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
It's impresive how much SnS sells, but if get an anime I'm sure it'll double the sales.


Also, I just read the first chapter of Illegal Rare and Stealth Symphony. I really like IR, reminds me to HxH, but IR first chapter catched me more than HxH one. AxL remids me to Kenshin, being overpowered from the begining.
And Stealth Symphony... Well, the main character is very generic, and the story didn't catched me at all, and the cp was chaotic for a first chapter (it is good for a last one like beelzebub). I will read the second one, but if it remains like the first, I'll drop it.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top