Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 209 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure Warrior

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Miura Tadahiro keeps making small errors/typo, and his editor lets it slide (at least twice now). Hopefully all of his mistakes will be fixed in the volume release.I suppose I let it slide since this is his first solo series. But his weekly comments + volume 2 comment talk about his addiction for VR, so to me he rushes those chapters out.

For those who read Yuragi, it's chapter 27 title's page (author mistook his character name) and the last page in chapter 23 (the bikini in the mirror and the outfit are difference).
He might as well chill on the VR stuff or else he'll become the new Togashi. XD

Though grammar mistakes from mangaka aren't uncommon when Oda misspelled Big Mom's name in Chapter 610 (as Big Mam).

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Happened for WT and TwinStar.
Well World Trigger had 73 episodes. This by no means is "naruto shippuuden level". It's funny to see somebody arguing about that since I was present when shippuuden episode 1 was translated (hell I was a dattebayo member at the time). Sousei no Onmyouji is a 2 cour anime (24 episodes max).

They're obviously not "infinite" animes. And I repeat: There's no way Black Clover will be one. The age of infinite animes is over.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I don't read Toriko but people have been saying that it'll end soon for years now.
It's real this time. Check out the bottom panel, it implies final arc.

cue1996

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well World Trigger had 73 episodes. This by no means is "naruto shippuuden level". It's funny to see somebody arguing about that since I was present when shippuuden episode 1 was translated (hell I was a dattebayo member at the time). Sousei no Onmyouji is a 2 cour anime (24 episodes max).

They're obviously not "infinite" animes. And I repeat: There's no way Black Clover will be one. The age of infinite animes is over.
Sousei no Onmyouji has been confirmed for 50 episodes actually. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...tar-exorcists-and-ace-attorney-episode-counts

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
From where is that "fact" coming? Was it announced? Or you are just speculating due to past examples? If it's the 2nd then see: Beelzebub.

Beelzebub got OVA in the fest, then 2-3 months later a tv anime started by same studio. So having an OVA in the fest before TV anime, doesn't guarantee it will be different studio, as TV anime may already be in the works, just not announced.
Beelzebub was already announced a TV series before its Jump Festa OVA so we already knew Pierrot Plus was animating it, the OVA, much like the Bleach Jump Festa OVA, was just a glorified promotion much like Gintama OVA which was announced after it was revealed that it'll be getting a TV anime by Sunrise. Black Clover has no TV anime announced its just an OVA and shows that get OVAs before their eventual TV adaptation are always different in terms of studio and voice cast and also we knew next to nothing about how soon it'll actually come until they announce it themselves (Toriko had an OVA in 2009 when the TV anime aired in 2011, AssClass had an OVA in 2013 when the TV anime aired in 2015)

kobester11

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Red Sprite was generic as heck.
Jump is now an orphanage themed magazine.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I never though that a harem ecchi romance like Yuragi would get such position in the magazine, I'm glad that it is happening with Miura Tadahiro after how great Koisome Momiji was but didn't get recognition. I'm postponing because you have so many things to buy and read, but I will read Yuragi soon.

Unok

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Beelzebub was already announced a TV series before its Jump Festa OVA so we already knew Pierrot Plus was animating it, the OVA, much like the Bleach Jump Festa OVA, was just a glorified promotion much like Gintama OVA which was announced after it was revealed that it'll be getting a TV anime by Sunrise. Black Clover has no TV anime announced its just an OVA and shows that get OVAs before their eventual TV adaptation are always different in terms of studio and voice cast and also we knew next to nothing about how soon it'll actually come until they announce it themselves (Toriko had an OVA in 2009 when the TV anime aired in 2011, AssClass had an OVA in 2013 when the TV anime aired in 2015)
But Beelzebub was announced as OVA that will air at Jump Fest (just like BC), at later date they said it will have TV anime too (before Jump Festa sceen date). So yeah, we knew it will have TV during the Jump Festa event, but the Jump Festa was announced before the TV, as it's first animated project. So like I said, BC TV anime may already be in production or in plans. And there is no guarantee that studio will change, it's because of other facts that Toriko, AC, etc changed studios, not because it can't be the same. Thus you can't state this as fact (as something guaranteed, because there is no rule that forbids the studio of working on the TV anime too).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-30/beelzebub-toriko-manga-on-jump-super-anime-tour
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-08-31/beelzebub-manga-gets-tv-anime-in-january
If BC TV anime is announced before the Jump Festa event or 1-3 months after it, chances are it will be same studio. But if more time passes, chances are for other studio, but like I said, even if it's 99.9% chance for another studio, it's still not a fact.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
These are two separate announcements that happened within timespan two months from one another which supports my claim that the Jump Festa OVA for Beelzebub was just a promo for the anime that would have aired a month later so people knew about the anime, staff and studio months before it actually premiered. This isn't the same case here where its just the event that's being announced so there's no real correlation between two since the Jump Event Promo is different from the actual TV series which hasn't been announced yet.

Unok

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I was wondering how you will twist it, and it's just funny :) Beelzebub was originally announced as Jump Festa event, so is BC. "This isn't the same case here where its just the event", you sure? Go read the first ANN link I provided and you will see that only the event was announced. Just imagine this: today is June 30th, 2010 and they just announced Beelzebub OVA for the Jump Festa = you would have been claiming the exact same thing as right now for BC, and you would have ended wrong. It's the exact same case for Beelzebub, Toriko, AC, etc Jump festa announcements = their first anime projects. Beelzebub needed 2 months to announce the tv anime, the other needed more. Your statement that BC will be like Toriko, AC = different studio for the TV anime is based on the lack of TV announcement with it. Which is just way too early "fact" statement as like I said Beelzebub was also announcement without TV at first.

You can continue twisting and choosing what to believe as much as you want, but the simple fact remains: Toriko, Beelzebub, AC, BC first anime projects were all announced only as jump event. And since Beelzebub later got TV too and with same studio, it destroys your "fact" for different studio. Also you can't be sure that Beelzebub's OVA was just for promotion for the TV, as usually its the opposite, to promote the TV, they announce an OVA. Like recent example: Drifters, they first announced the TV, then the OVA promotion. Also another thing, all those OVA's are made for promotion the upcoming (even if it's not announced) or eventual tv anime. They are there to spark the interest, to test the audience. So technically, they are all just promos for the anime and manga.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually quite enjoyed the first chapter on Red Sprite.
Nothing ground breaking, but most first chapter of Battle Shonen aren't. Reminded me of the first chapters of Naruto and One Piece. I want to see where it goes. I like the premise and the MC

Status
Not open for further replies.