Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope viz picks up Haikyuu...now that another manga company in america is picking up a running sports manga (yowapeda).
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
It's really good the Judozu's manga on Jump alpha.Really good.I would have liked it on Shonen jump
 

phiophill

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 5, 2015
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When do new jump series normally get their first character popularity polls anyway? I am really interested in how the first one for Boku no Hero Academia turns out.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
When do new jump series normally get their first character popularity polls anyway? I am really interested in how the first one for Boku no Hero Academia turns out.
Somehwhere around chapter 50-60, usually after one year of serialization from what I remember.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
When do new jump series normally get their first character popularity polls anyway? I am really interested in how the first one for Boku no Hero Academia turns out.
The character popularity poll is generally opened in the issue where the series receives Cover and Lead CP for its first anniversary.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Issue #20 Preview

 

calimike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
349
Reaction score
422
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Naruto and Hero Academia are feature in magazine.

Guy is author of Hero Academia in pic?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I doubt. Authors rarely appear.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Daily rankings show that Shokugeki no Soma sales is increasing less than expected IMO. Owari no Seraph has been more incredible, with two volumes within top 50.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Less than expected? What were these expectations you had over sales two days afterwards?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Something like Owari no Seraph: all volumes in top 100 and two first volumes in the top 50.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Something like Owari no Seraph: all volumes in top 100 and two first volumes in the top 50.
Wouldn't that be a bit too much for just two days?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think having expectations that Food Wars would be an instant megahit were probably misplaced. It should be clear to see how Seraph of the End would have all the pieces in place to be a hit (not to mention its larger promotional campaign). And plus the way the first episode ended, nothing in Food Wars made it seem like a run out and by the books to find out what happens next type of thing, meanwhile seraph, that cliffhanger with the wind rustling, wow, anyone would be begging for more to know if Yu will get his revenge on those vampires.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wouldn't that be a bit too much for just two days?
Why? Do you tink that Shokugeki no Soma doesn't have this capacity? Besides, its first episode was better than Owari no Seraph IMO.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
wow, anyone would be begging for more to know if Yu will get his revenge on those vampires.
Eh, the anime had nice animation but no real soul. Feels like any other by the numbers shounen anime adaptation with slightly higher budget animation, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm just kind of floored that the result is so fast. What, do people watch these anime and buy the books on amazon.jp while it's airing?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Eh, the anime had nice animation but no real soul. Feels like any other by the numbers shounen anime adaptation with slightly higher budget animation, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm just kind of floored that the result is so fast. What, do people watch these anime and buy the books on amazon.jp while it's airing?
I dont think most people are really that moved by "animation" quality. I would think story would be a more important driver of an anime getting people to buy its manga while its airing, hence why people would rush to buy shingeki, seraph, BLue Exorcist, haikyuu, after the first episode aired.

Quite sure theres many popular franchises with unremarkable animation afterall.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I dont think people are really that moved by "animation" quality. I would think story would be a more important driver of an anime getting people to buy its manga while its airing, hence why people would rush to buy shingeki, seraph, BLue Exorcist, haikyuu, after the first episode aired.
Then I'll rephrase. The story does not strike me as one that has any particular qualities that stand out from other shounen manga or anime adaptations. It seems like --to borrow a phrase from you, a "By the numbers" story that glides along from each shounen trope like one goes from aisles in a grocery store with a shopping list. In fact, I really think the animation is really the only thing that stands out with this anime from a standpoint of "Why should I watch this instead of something else?" There's generic, and then there's generic done right . I'll hang in there a little longer to see which Seraph is, but as of right now it's just another tepid shounen anime, IMO.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm just kind of floored that the result is so fast. What, do people watch these anime and buy the books on amazon.jp while it's airing?
I think there is manga in every corner in Japan. :p
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I think there is manga in every corner in Japan. :p
Well yeah I figure manga accessibility isn't a big deal, but for the volumes all of them to rise on the ranking within a day is kind of amazing to me. At least a few people had to be buying the manga while it was actually in the middle of it's airing for that to even make sense.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well yeah I figure manga accessibility isn't a big deal, but for the volumes all of them to rise on the ranking within a day is kind of amazing to me. At least a few people had to be buying the manga while it was actually in the middle of it's airing for that to even make sense.
Have you never heard that Japanese people are ninjas? :3c
The big boost was one day after the debut though, so time is not a problem.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Our cover
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top