Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Look at that Asta.

Yuno better be on the next one.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If Tabata-sensei done it in color page with Noelle, imagine what he will do with Vanessa...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kinda fun how Tosh had no problems drawing Kagura in a sexy pose but when he came to Chika, he was like "I can't do this to such an innocent girl~" and went all cutey foodgasm on her. <3
She is not only innocent, she appears to be 10 years old or less. Good choice from Tosh.
I'm looking forward to reading this crossover. :hurr
 

BobLeNolife

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
94
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What year did the Jump started to put poll at the end of the magazine ?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What year did the Jump started to put poll at the end of the magazine ?
Probably someone will tell you the exact date, but IIRC from somewhere I saw this information it was between 1980 and 1990. :hmm
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
What year did the Jump started to put poll at the end of the magazine ?
By poll at the end of the magazine you refer to what? Gathering people questionnaires about their favorite series? Since 1973! 4 years after the beginning of the magazine.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
By poll of at the end of the magazine you refer to what? Gathering people questionnaires about their favorite series? Since 1973! 4 years after the beginning of the magazine.
I think he meant when they started to use it to rank the magazine and make decisions of what will be cancelled. It would be more plausible. :hmm
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I think he meant when they started to use it to rank the magazine and make decisions of what will be cancelled. It would be more plausible. :hmm
Probably at the same time? I don't know. But certainly before Dragon Ball in 1984 and most probably even sooner than Kochikame in 1976.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Probably at the same time? I don't know. But certainly before Dragon Ball in 1984 and most probably even sooner than Kochikame in 1976.
It was mid 1970s when it happened. I looked for the source I probably saw the information and I found it. I should have confused with other fact of Shone Jump history. Anyway, I think you know most of what is written there, but it is an interesting reading and since you are from Portugal, you should be able to read it.
http://www.genkidama.com.br/xil/shonen-jump-curiosidades-level-master-parte-2/
He talks about the TOC systems in second part, but there are 5 parts of curiosities. I shall reread it to remember some things... It is very useful...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was from this article that I started to think that Jump is not only a magazine... Man, it has stories that we could not even imagine, some funny and others very interesting. One of the parts I like more is when Torishima is mentioned. He saved Shonen Jump from destruction after Dragon Ball and Slam Dunk endings, making the authors do even whay they didn't want to bring successes to the magazine. The problem that Hunter x Hunter is right now is his responsability, in part, since he made Togashi return with the condition that he could do what he wanted. :lmao
We owe Torishima a lot... One Piece and Naruto passed through his hands... :nod
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
When will we know the announce of Soul catcher(S)?
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
When will we know the announce of Soul catcher(S)?
Well, if it comes in the next Jump Next, then it will come in mid May, probably. I still see no full date on the site. Just month.

 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Does Shonen jump ever had a manga about history?
I'm curios.There are many historical characters that would be good in a manga
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jump isn't really a mag for school lessons...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There were series with historical elements and I'm sure there were mangas based entirely in history although I didn't read any from Jump, but maybe Jump SQ.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Jump isn't really a mag for school lessons...
Yeah,but if well done it could be useless and enjoying for readers.
And I think everyone of us has wished at least once to see his History's favourite characters(Napoleon,Caesar,JFkennedy,Lincoln,Charles the great,Mussolini,HItler...ecc) adapted in a manga.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I think it would be wonderful
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah,but if well done it could be useless and enjoying for readers.
And I think everyone of us has wished at least once to see his History's favourite characters(Napoleon,Caesar,JFkennedy,Lincoln,Charles the great,Mussolini,HItler...ecc) adapted in a manga.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I think it would be wonderful
I don't think Hitler and Mussolini have lots of fans in Japan. The nearest you'll get of an historical manga in Jump should be Kenshin.
But then again, Kenshin's got lots of unrealistic things and issues with the historical setting.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yeah,but if well done it could be useless and enjoying for readers.
And I think everyone of us has wished at least once to see his History's favourite characters(Napoleon,Caesar,JFkennedy,Lincoln,Charles the great,Mussolini,HItler...ecc) adapted in a manga.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I think it would be wonderful
I don't think I want to see that in a Shonen mag. There are currently a lot of seinen magazine mangas that cover history (Cesare, Kingdom, Historie, Ad astra...) and they do a really good job. Or would you like to see Hitler in shonen jump how he kills millions of people?
Gintama is in a way a historical manga
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
I don't think I want to see that in a Shonen mag. There are currently a lot of seinen magazine mangas that cover history (Cesare, Kingdom, Historie, Ad astra...) and they do a really good job. Or would you like to see Hitler in shonen jump how he kills millions of people?
Gintama is in a way a historical manga
Hitler appeared in Jojo part 2.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I don't think I want to see that in a Shonen mag. There are currently a lot of seinen magazine mangas that cover history (Cesare, Kingdom, Historie, Ad astra...) and they do a really good job. Or would you like to see Hitler in shonen jump how he kills millions of people?
Gintama is in a way a historical manga
I don't want HItler.There are many historical characters that have hero's characteristic values and could be done well in Jump(There are many exemple of these in history,it depends then on your point of view)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top