Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The magazine is full of good series, which is not bad at all. It is up to the readers decide whether the new series are good enough to stay and/or substitute old series. After all, if it is to substitute good series for bad series, it is better not substitute.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
The magazine is full of good series, which is not bad at all. It is up to the readers decide whether the new series are good enough to stay and/or substitute old series. After all, if it is to substitute good series for bad series, it is better not substitute.
Yes,but there are two good series just started.I wonder if there will be a place for them.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yes,but there are two good series just started.I wonder if there will be a place for them.
Better than the series on going? We will see this in the next chapters. So far, the opinions are divided: some say that the series are bad, other that they are so-so. XD
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Why are you forgetting Nakama Ryo?

This is Nakama Ryo we are talking about, the successor to legendary Usuta Kyosuke's last place in ToC, new darling of the editorial department, gag mangaka extraordinaire! Do you even realize the strong suggestions and high implications of such forgetfulness? Gag manga is serious business!

I've been wondering, who was the last rookie in WSJ to reach the 80 chapters (8-9 volumes) milestone? By rookie here, I mean as first ever series, so that exclude artists who were published in another magazine before moving on to WSJ.
The way i see it there hasn't been one in a long while...
Isobe Isobee Monogatari has been serialized for over 60 issue by now, and will reach 80 somewhere this summer.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Better than the series on going? We will see this in the next chapters. So far, the opinions are divided: some say that the series are bad, other that they are so-so. XD
I think those are better actually of Hiinomaru zumou and Gakkyou hyoutei,isobee and psi
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think those are better actually of Hiinomaru zumou and Gakkyou hyoutei,isobee and psi
From those I only read Gakkyu Houtei, I'm gonna at least read Black Cover tomorrow and post my opinion here.
As for the rest, I let them with who read them. :fan

Note: Each series has only 2 chapter at max, it is not material enough to judge anything, but...
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is there just no fandom for hero academia, so few top tier bakugou deku arts (though at least the ship has a name).

Seems of the recent hits, only world trigger took off for my type of fandom support.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
From those I only read Gakkyu Houtei, I'm gonna at least read Black Cover tomorrow and post my opinion here.
As for the rest, I let them with who read them. :fan

Note: Each series has only 2 chapter at max, it is not material enough to judge anything, but...
Try reading PSI, it's awesome. I downloaded all chapters last week (135 chapters so far) and I'm going to start it soon :)
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I think those are better actually of Hiinomaru zumou and Gakkyou hyoutei,isobee and psi
wait are you saying that the new series are better than Isobee, Psi and Hinomaru Zumou? Blasphemy!

While I liked Kagamigami and Black Clover, Hinomaru Zumou and Psi are totally better than those 2. Though I only read 2 chapters of Kagamigami and 1 of Black Clover so if they do improve then we can talk.

About Isobe I only watched the vomic(that even without understanding was fun as hell) and looked at the raws, that are hilarious. Given the popularity and things that I heard about the title, I will assume it is amazing.

About Gakkyou Hyoutei, I'm still warming to that title. For now I believe that Kagamigami has more potential than it.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Try reading PSI, it's awesome. I downloaded all chapters last week (135 chapters so far) and I'm going to start it soon :)
I've read about 10-14 chapters of PSI. It's definitely the funniest manga I've ever read. I just haven't been reading it much since it's quite a wordy series and I don't seem to have the time to spare apart from the usual ones.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I've read about 10-14 chapters of PSI. It's definitely the funniest manga I've ever read. I just haven't been reading it much since it's quite a wordy series and I don't seem to have the time to spare apart from the usual ones.
To be honest, in the latest volume cover that really got me to download all the chapters and I also think there is a reason why the series is often really well placed in the ToC every week.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Roggy's art style looks really familiar to me. I can't place exactly who. My impression is that, it seems to be going for a campy aesthetic kind of like Toriko, but not nearly as muscular. No heroine or important female characters, so that's a negative for me (obviously the author can introduce one in the next chapter but still).

I'm not sure if bandage-and-goggles guy is going to be Roggy's sidekick or not. If so, this will be the second series debuting with a male/make protagonist/deutagonist as oppose to the usual hero/heroine front most mangaka go for (the first being Black Clover). Besides that it feels really generic, but the MC looks unique. I quite like the high heels. He can poke people in the eye when he fights! :derp
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
When does the WSJ US usually get uploaded on mondays?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When does the WSJ US usually get uploaded on mondays?
1pm eastern time. Last weeks early update must have been a one time thing.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So it's really not the same day as japan after all. It will be tuesday in japan by that time. :/

For me, the day One Piece graced my view was the most important moment of the week. But for japan, it was Tuesday.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top