Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzaku

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
809
Reaction score
1,217
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Keep in mind the author did that without assistants while he was still in highschool.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have to agree. The art looked a bit empty. But I guess if the story compliments it well enough, it would be fine.
Didn't he draw this with no assisstants in highschool? He just graduated college right?
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Keep in mind the author did that without assistants while he was still in highschool.
All by himself? Cool. But the commitment impresses more than the art. Now, with assistants, everything must get interesting. I liked the CP.
 
Last edited:

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All by himself? Cool. But the commitment impresses more than the art. Now, with assistants, everything must get interesting. I liked the CP.
is the full raws out?
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kaizou Ningen Roggy 1st chapter raw: http://marumaru.in/b/origin/77225

The art looks very good, it improved since the oneshot. Now I'll wait for the translated version to understand the story...
 
Last edited:

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Tbh I didn't like the first chapter at all, this thing looks like it's going to be the next Hi-Fi Cluster so if the next chapter doesn't get any better I'm probably dropping it
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I don't think that the drawings have made much progress in comparison to the one-shots, but quite liked some scenes. Seems to be an energetic sci-fi. However, I had the same impression of Eru13 about Hi-Fi.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Miki has improved substantially.

I guess I will be looking forward to where he can go with this.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
A MC in high heels... ................Guess I'd better not say what I'm really thinking about that (not really appealing anyhow).
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The art has improved a lot. Can't wait to read
 

Torca

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
1,159
Reaction score
1,120
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Where are his eyebrows?
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I've been wondering, who was the last rookie in WSJ to reach the 80 chapters (8-9 volumes) milestone? By rookie here, I mean as first ever series, so that exclude artists who were published in another magazine before moving on to WSJ.
The way i see it there hasn't been one in a long while...
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
KAWADA will reach that milestone.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
KAWADA will reach that milestone.
I know that he most likely will which is why I'm asking for before to know how long it's been since then.
I mean 95% of the mangaka in the magazine have had 2/3 series before making it big right now.
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I've been wondering, who was the last rookie in WSJ to reach the 80 chapters (8-9 volumes) milestone?
Ryuuhei Tamura with Beelzebub (2009), which is a bit more recent than Tadatoshi Fujimaki with Kuroko no Basket.
And before them it was Hiroshi Shiibashi with Nurarihyon no Mago (2008).
They were the last three authors who were able to do long serializations on their first try.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Don't forget that Beelzebub and Nurarihyon no Mago came from authors that won a contest for new authors. Besides them, I think we didn't have any new author with relevant series in Jump.
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Don't forget that Beelzebub and Nurarihyon no Mago came from authors that won a contest for new authors. Besides them, I think we didn't have any new author with relevant series in Jump.
Yeah, and unfortunately they were the only two series from that contest which were able to become successes so far...
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Ryuuhei Tamura with Beelzebub (2009), which is a bit more recent than Tadatoshi Fujimaki with Kuroko no Basket.
And before them it was Hiroshi Shiibashi with Nurarihyon no Mago (2008).
They were the last three authors who were able to do long serializations on their first try.
Wow, it's been a while. 6 years is a long time :o
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It doesn't really make difference, as long as the series is good, it doesn't matter if the author is new or old.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I found first chapter of Roggy,quite boring.
In order of appreciation I had till now:
Black clover
Kagamigami
Roggy
I'm curios to see Battle satellite the next week.
I hope only that Black clover and Kagamigami survive,nothing more.I think some old series should finish now because the magazine is too full
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top