Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
I dont understand why you accuse it of plagiarizing Naruto,in many manga there is the idea of exams and tournaments....
You must not be reading all of the other things people have said about the manga.
It was explained before why people thought it was a copy.

First chapter of Black Clover was a total plagiarism of Naruto.

"But just one mage Fourth Hokage saved humankind"
"One day I will become the Hokage Wizard King"
"cant use magic" or "my grimorie's not coming" Chakra, Shadow clones
"In the fifth leaf resides the Kyuubi Devil"
"even with no magical powers i'll become the wizard king" ¿Rock Lee?
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
I dont understand why you accuse it of plagiarizing Naruto,in many manga there is the idea of exams and tournaments....

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

You said the same thing with boku no hero If I remember well
The issue with Black Cover is not only "plagiarizing" themes or plot elements. The author used particular scenes and panels to stage certain moments you will find in Naruto nearly the same way. That might be the main reason for the complaints

Nope, I did not say the same thing. I just accused My Hero Academia to be a well crafted mix of american super hero style and generic shonen jump theme
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Very low quality Jump Next image. Volume 1, 2015.



Does anyone know why Jump Next issues don't all come out on odd or even months (it's mixed)?
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Does anyone know why Jump Next issues don't all come out on odd or even months (it's mixed)?
By what I know, they want to make it bi-monthly, so they released some magazines in consecutives months to fit to their schedule of 6 issues per year. Now it is going be release bi-monthly.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Black Clover and Roggi are both the same to me, both lack a main female character. Well at least in Black Clover I saw some female witches. Until this changes I guess my bet is on Kagamigami.

Very low quality Jump Next image. Volume 1, 2015.



Does anyone know why Jump Next issues don't all come out on odd or even months (it's mixed)?
OOh thanks! I wonder if the Beelzebub Bangaihen will end soon since they've stopped promoting them on the cover (usually there's a little Oga somewhere on the cover). Then again Jump hasn't even listed a compilation volume....I think?
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think that in the next number after Battle satellite there will be the cover/lead for Haikyuu and its 2nd anniversary.
Now that I think about its a lot of time that WT doesnt have a color.It's really strange,in the early chapters it had an huge amounts of color pages,now its a year that it doesnt have a color page.:gwah...
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Really? Black Clover had an awesome second chapter that was hilarious and full of heart. How can anyone find Asta unimpressive after that great showing? The magic is so unique to, it makes 7taizai's look like something a bad fanfic writer would create.
It wasn't that good, theres nothing unique about its magic. Comedy is subjective so I never laughed once. Asta is the MC I expect him to win lol. I dont understand how critical you can be with some series, and then not so much with others.
 
Last edited:

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
OOh thanks! I wonder if the Beelzebub Bangaihen will end soon since they've stopped promoting them on the cover (usually there's a little Oga somewhere on the cover). Then again Jump hasn't even listed a compilation volume....I think?
It was in the preview.

 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
It wasn't that good, theres nothing unique about its magic. Comedy is subjective so I never laughed once. Asta is the MC I expect him to win lol. I dont understand how critical you can be with some series, and then not so much with others.
If he's attracted to the male character designs then it's a masterpiece of epic proportions that will revolutionize the industry.
If he's not, then vice versa.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kagamigami's third chapter was great. Black Clover took the pace way past 11, but I still have a soft spot for it. Cyborg Roggy's Art was dynamic but refined, but the story didn't grab me as a first chapter. Enjoyed all three though.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
It was in the preview.

AH! Thank you. I didn't meant whether it was in this month's NEXT but if it would end after this month. From Japanese twitter it sounds like it will, its getting 46 pages and a colorpage.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think that in the next number after Battle satellite there will be the cover/lead for Haikyuu and its 2nd anniversary.
Now that I think about its a lot of time that WT doesnt have a color.It's really strange,in the early chapters it had an huge amounts of color pages,now its a year that it doesnt have a color page.:gwah...
I actually think it's a good thing, it isn't getting "many". Don't get me wrong, I like the series and want it to get color pages but will all the breaks had to take, chapters he didn't have time to finish properly in the magazine when the anime started... I think the series getting many color pages just wouldn't be a good thing, it would only cause for stress for the author = another break. Not to mention, it'll soonbe the series 2nd anniversary so it'll most likely get color for that.
 

Suzaku

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
809
Reaction score
1,217
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Cyborg Roggy has great art and character designs, very refined for such a young rookie -- but the first chapter was lacking in the wow factor. It could have used a more elaborate battle, or just something a bit more surprising. But there's room for more of that, and I like the art and characters enough that I want to read more.

Black Clover is too formulaic for my taste. It has all the things that should make a shonen manga great, and I'm sure some people will see those things and love it for that, but to me it's like reading a manga I've already read before. I get the distinct impression that the mangaka studied a bunch of other popular series and created this in a very calculated way, and I just... want something more original and organic. If the third chapter plays out how I think it will, I'll probably lose interest altogether.

Kagamigami is moving in the right direction with the third chapter. I love the art and setting, and the shikigami concept is really cool, but it still isn't quite clicking for me. I'd like to see more action.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Cyborg Roggy has great art and character designs, very refined for such a young rookie -- but the first chapter was lacking in the wow factor. It could have used a more elaborate battle, or just something a bit more surprising. But there's room for more of that, and I like the art and characters enough that I want to read more.

Black Clover is too formulaic for my taste. It has all the things that should make a shonen manga great, and I'm sure some people will see those things and love it for that, but to me it's like reading a manga I've already read before. I get the distinct impression that the mangaka studied a bunch of other popular series and created this in a very calculated way, and I just... want something more original and organic. If the third chapter plays out how I think it will, I'll probably lose interest altogether.

Kagamigami is moving in the right direction with the third chapter. I love the art and setting, and the shikigami concept is really cool, but it still isn't quite clicking for me. I'd like to see more action.
thats pretty much how im feeling with Black Clover right now. Its really disappointing me, Hungry Joker wasn't the most original thing out there, but it felt like something the mangaka at least tried to come up with instead of studying other series and trying to play it safe
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It is still monday in europe/US ->same day
That's not the point. Imagine newspaper and magazines would only be sold from lunchtime on.
 

rio poneglyph

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
30
Reaction score
140
Gender
Male
Country
England
2ch:

369 :39 ◆7zq1d2q4b2Is @転載は禁止:2015/02/24(火) 19:10:00.69 ID:gmvzS7Mi014号
ドベ5
火ノ丸相撲
学級
亀
ワールドトリガー
アゲハ
(磯)

15号
表紙&巻頭カラー ワンピース
センターC ヒロアカ 磯 USB
cont'd

434 :39 ◆7zq1d2q4b2Is @転載は禁止:2015/02/24(火) 19:22:24.48 ID:gmvzS7Mi0
ヒロアカ5番
 
Last edited:

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Edit: Hero Academia is 5th

Issue #14 Bottom 5
Hinomaru Zumo
Gakkyuu Hottei
Kochikame
World Trigger
Ageha

Issue #15
Lead CP/Cover: One Piece
Center Colour: Hero Academia, Isobee, USB
 
Last edited:

keinplan45

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
I dont know where else I should ask this and I did not find anything on the Internet
I wanted to subscribe to the Shonen Jump Alpha from outside the US. But I dont know what adress to put for the promotional cards. And I am not really interested in receiving those :p. How did you solve that?
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Really? Black Clover had an awesome second chapter that was hilarious and full of heart. How can anyone find Asta unimpressive after that great showing? The magic is so unique to, it makes 7taizai's look like something a bad fanfic writer would create.
What about that was full of heart? What was unique? There are literally dozens, not make that hundreds of manga, that had that very same or similar structure and line of direction for the introduction of the MC. You simply haven't read, remember or acknowledge them at the moment.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Edit: Hero Academia is 5th

Issue #14 Bottom 5
Hinomaru Zumo
Gakkyuu Hottei
Kochikame
World Trigger
Ageha

Issue #15
Lead CP/Cover: One Piece
Center Colour: Hero Academia, Isobee, USB
Glad to see that Nisekoi is not in the bottom 5, I hope it is around the middle this time. With low sales, Hinomaru Zumou will start to have risk of cancellation if it continues in this position. I completely understand Gakkyu Houtei position and World Trigger is going worse than ever...

Boku no Hero Academia CP! /o/
USB is an oneshot about USBs? :derp
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top