Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
17,725
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Weekly Shonen Jump #37-38/2015 cover LQ.

 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
In shosekiranking Black clover is 9 th and it is just under Gintama and just above psi kusuo saiki.Volume 1 is at the 44th position,and who know, we could even find it in the rankings.I think volume 2 will sell between 70-100
Kagamigami is at the 22th position,we could find it in the rankings,But I think it will sell just 20-25k
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
For what reason? My Hero Academia is far more popular than Black Clover (and rightly so)
Appeal different fanbase , also I see BC addapt by IG and BNH by Toei in the morning

http://shosekiranking.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1009.html
The top 500 manga ranking is up. And it it bizzare. Black clover volume 1 didnt make it to the list.. I expected more. The bottom line is arount 73k. And world trigger is selling more than toriko. And expect BHA anime by A-1 soon.
It was in a good position(Beetween Gintama and PSI Saiki and other spin off), and kagamigami in a decent, but it hasn't very selling series in the top , so we hasn't know anything.
I expected 30K-40K and the next week appeared again in the top 50.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't wanna see Hero Academia being massacred by Toei, no coming up series deserves such a fate. :/


Has Trigger done a good anime? ... Do people really want a badly written open ended Hero Academia anime?
I'm not sure how an open end correlates with bad writing, especially in Inou-Battle's case, which is a one cour adaption to a series running since '12. Was the pacing much different from the manga, was it possible to close the content of those twelve episodes with a non open end? Would you elaborate please?

Little Witch Academia and Kill la Kill come to mind. :) KlK got so many nearly naked male body shots.
 
Last edited:

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No series should be adapted by Toei, Remember Toriko? Remember the horror that is toriko and World trigger anime? no Jump series should suffer that fate like Schabrak said.

 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
beside the cheap & crappy animation Toei have mastered the art of "last arcs will be an open ended filler arc"

I'm still waiting for slam dunk, zatch bell & dragon quest sequels
 
Last edited:

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Maybe I m getting older but I don't have the urge to watch an anime that is based on an ongoing manga that I'm currently reading. I prefer re-reading the content. Given the vast numbers of new animes every season I usual stick to animes I do not know anything about. (Jojo was the last semi-exception I can think of but that adaptation is incredibly awesome and the anime was based on a completed plot).
 

kobester11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
What's with the toei hate? Sure, it has budget issues (which is normal to any kiddie morning shows) but hey, at least we have a sure 50 episode or more per season.
A-1 have done worse in a morning slot (just look at denpa kyoushi anime. poor thing)

Sure sure, Trigger doing a WSJ series. That's possible...
...NO.
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
What's with the toei hate? Sure, it has budget issues (which is normal to any kiddie morning shows) but hey, at least we have a sure 50 episode or more per season.
A-1 have done worse in a morning slot (just look at denpa kyoushi anime. poor thing)

Sure sure, Trigger doing a WSJ series. That's possible...
...NO.
I’d rather watch 20 episodes per year then watch 50 in a row by Toei its that awful. Terrible animation, terrible fillers and the fact they keep wasting most of the episodes with faces of people acting surprised irritates me.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
The hate for Toei animation here is really big. It is to a point where is funny to see comments after Toei picks a series from Weekly Shonen Jump, or any other magazine.
It will totally be entertaining reading this thread by the time Toei picks the next title from the magazine!

Talking about Toei, in the first quarter of 2016(April 1 to June 30 of 2015) Toei animation had its best sales and gross profit in over 17 years(since 1st quarter of 2000) selling 64.1 Million dollars(7,999 Million yen) and getting a gross profit of 22.9 Million dollars(2,863 Million yen).
With Dragon Ball Super, the continuation of World Trigger and the 2nd season of Kindaichi Shounen Jikenbo return, Digimon Tri movie and other things Toei animation is in an amazing business/financial situation right now.

Also Toei is going to do a 15 episode horror anime somewhere in the future. This anime will connect with a movie still in production called "Temple", that is being financed by Toei.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ime-as-tie-ins-to-western-movie-temple/.90973
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
The hate for Toei animation here is really big. It is to a point where is funny to see comments after Toei picks a series from Weekly Shonen Jump, or any other magazine.
It will totally be entertaining reading this thread by the time Toei picks the next title from the magazine!

Talking about Toei, in the first quarter of 2016(April 1 to June 30 of 2015) Toei animation had its best sales and gross profit in over 17 years(since 1st quarter of 2000) selling 64.1 Million dollars(7,999 Million yen) and getting a gross profit of 22.9 Million dollars(2,863 Million yen).
With Dragon Ball Super, the continuation of World Trigger and the 2nd season of Kindaichi Shounen Jikenbo return, Digimon Tri movie and other things Toei animation is in an amazing business/financial situation right now.

Also Toei is going to do a 15 episode horror anime somewhere in the future. This anime will connect with a movie still in production called "Temple", that is being financed by Toei.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ime-as-tie-ins-to-western-movie-temple/.90973
Yeah,I don't like toei and I find a bad studiobut is funny seeing people who prefer trigger than toei when only in LWA it show quality,still a very green studio in my opinión.
I see the reason of prefer trigger (the art of bnh) but if we go for that I prefer IG with the haikyuu team(also I think the character designer of haikyuu anime fit more with BnH than trigher.
And dreaming choose:Mappa(tigger and bunny director) Bones(ríe matsumoto), FMA B director(I remember this it in kinema citrus),Troyka Ig(with team HQ) and ufotable.
Pd:Temple was the movies directed by Chiako J Konaka(not talking about despera)?
PD:I'm in the móvil sorry for my grammar
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
There's also WIT.

But to be honest I'm willing to bet my money that Toei's gonna be the one to animate it. Think about it, MHA is the kind of title they would work on. Shonen Jump, battle manga, mainstream/popular. I don't know, it just screams Toei, although Pierrot is another one that could do it.

It's only natural that these big studios animate big or potentially big series. If it's indeed one of them lets hope they don't make a mess like they have done with series like World Trigger or Tokyo Ghoul.
 

chrisbj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2015
Messages
191
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach has really fallen.....should we Bleach fans be worried?
I don't see Jump continuing to support it if Hero and Nisekoi start outselling it on top of Soma( that already may be selling more per volume)
Top 10 for August 4th

1 Haikyu! ! 17 Shueisha haruichi furudate 2015.8.4
2 NARUTO Gaiden Shueisha Masashi Kishimoto 2015.8.4
3 Shoku戟 of Soma 14 Shueisha Tsukuta Yuto 2015.8.4
4 one punch man 9 Shueisha Yusuke Murata 2015.8.4
5 My Hero Accademia 5 Shueisha Horikoshi Kohei 2015.8.4
6 nisekoi 19 Shueisha Naoshi Komi 2015.8.4
7 BLEACH- Bleach - 69 Shueisha Kubo Taito 2015.8.4
8 Gintama - Gintama - 60 Shueisha Hideaki Sorachi 2015.8.4
9 Black Clover 2 Shueisha Tabata Yuki 2015.8.4
10 Saiki KusunokiTakeshi of Ψ flame 14 Shueisha Aso Shuichi 2015.8.4
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't wanna see Hero Academia being massacred by Toei, no coming up series deserves such a fate. :/



I'm not sure how an open end correlates with bad writing, especially in Inou-Battle's case, which is a one cour adaption to a series running since '12. Was the pacing much different from the manga, was it possible to close the content of those twelve episodes with a non open end? Would you elaborate please?

Little Witch Academia and Kill la Kill come to mind. :) KlK got so many nearly naked male body shots.
But KLK was pretty boring and felt aimless. I didnt see Academia, character designs werent appealing.

Inou Battle felt like the writer didnt want to do no serious plot and just had one in the background, had the characters attempt to address it but then move on with their lives. By the end, it felt like the whole final arc was an afterthought and added just to get the show to reach the specified episode count. It wasnt good.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
But KLK was pretty boring and felt aimless. I didnt see Academia, character designs werent appealing.
Boring?! I get aimless, because the first half were just 'daily routine of heroine with a big scissor & weird uniform', but boring? If I would describe KLK it wouldnt be boring. I presume, you say this, because its fanservice didnt appeal to you?

Abut the question which studio should/going to animate My Hero Academia-
Dont know why, but after I've watched the new HxH anime, I like the idea, if Madhouse would do this. But I'm also not an expert, what do I know.
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This was a pretty decent volume of Jump Next. Million Kingdom was a pleasant surprise, I could see it being serialized along with Red Sprite and Ryo Ishiyama's work, the name escapes me. I hate how they have the posters on the same piece of paper.....
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Best BLue please
No, it will be Sesuji! :) Fingers crossed!

But KLK was pretty boring and felt aimless. I didnt see Academia, character designs werent appealing.

Inou Battle felt like the writer didnt want to do no serious plot and just had one in the background, had the characters attempt to address it but then move on with their lives. By the end, it felt like the whole final arc was an afterthought and added just to get the show to reach the specified episode count. It wasnt good.
I like Little Witch chara design. It is very cartoony. Trigger is a dynamic and daring studio. May work better with original series, but still has very creative directors.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Boring?! I get aimless, because the first half were just 'daily routine of heroine with a big scissor & weird uniform', but boring? If I would describe KLK it wouldnt be boring. I presume, you say this, because its fanservice didnt appeal to you?

Abut the question which studio should/going to animate My Hero Academia-
Dont know why, but after I've watched the new HxH anime, I like the idea, if Madhouse would do this. But I'm also not an expert, what do I know.
I watched the anime three times all the way through (once dubbed, twice subbed) and it was just uninteresting and boring. It had a few decent fights, but annoying characters (ryuko, mako, satsuki, ragyo), and just the general clothes plot just made it something boring. Mataro was the only reason I kept watching.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I watched the anime three times all the way through (once dubbed, twice subbed) and it was just uninteresting and boring. It had a few decent fights, but annoying characters (ryuko, mako, satsuki, ragyo), and just the general clothes plot just made it something boring. Mataro was the only reason I kept watching.
Welp, once again our opinions couldnt be more different. Ryuko is one of my favourite protagonists and Ragyo is one of my favourite villains. I just love that creepy, fabulous lady too much.
Also, didnt even know that Makos brother had a name. I've never cared for tha brat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top